Alice- hello and welcome!

Feel free to ask any questions!

#2 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

Hi, Lisa, I finally can log in and post! Thank you.

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

Hello Yuen and again welcome.... you can search out Estee Lauder warehouse sales... we have a few topics about them!

#4 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

Hello everyone,

I hope you won't mind I use this forum to ask some questions as I'm not very experienced with the solids.

1. I would like to collect some "older" solids and when I looked at ebay, some of them looked quite new for their age. Do warehouse sales have "older" solids for sale as well or just recent ones?

2. The empty ones seem to have no labels at the bottom. The MIB ones do. Is this because the empty ones came from the warehouse sales?

3. Is the imperial/invory series very expansive and rare?

Thank you in advance for your advice :)

Alice

#5 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

Hello Alice,

Welcome! Such a complicated topic!!! I am not going to open up yet another hornet's nest so suggest, as Lisa has posted, read up as much as you can re the Warehouse Sales. Check out the sellers of anything you are thinking of bidding on and feel free to contact if you have any doubts or any questions!

That is all I can say for the moment. I have collected many of the older solids and do have alot from the Ivory Series. I have not seen any of those coming out unfinished from the factory so they would be a safe bet. Remember to check out the ears of the Cats etc. Some sellers have filed down the ears which tend to chip or break. Always check what you are bidding on against one of the legitimate pictures on the solid perfume site. Failing that, ask.

I have not checked which part of the world you are from. If from the Far East then there are certain solids which will definitely appeal to you, including the Ivory Series.

Good Luck...

#6 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:02 AM

Thanks petal.

I have bought a few of the "older" solids and have received three so far. They all look quite new. One of them, the rope from 1971, still has the perfume (brownish now) in them and the engraved heart has a tiny bit of traces (also brown) of perfume left. I guess the past owners must have taken good care of them, that's why they look so good.

I'm from Australia and as we are so far away from the US and the UK where most of the sellers are, it costs me quite a bit in shipping and have to wait a while for them to arrive!

I have also just bought the solid perfume book from amazon and some stands from jp corner (found them from the link here) and am waiting for them to arrive.

#7 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

Thanks Alice.

I think you will find, not sure, that shipping from UK and Europe is cheaper than the States. You could check that out. If you are still looking for older solids, I am changing some of mine. Most of them come in boxes and are authentic. Re the perfume, the colour brown is normal but if the solid looks really new and only has a tiny bit of the perfume in, I would check it out thoroughly.

Please write if you have any doubts. Members are ill advised to display their email addresses on the site but you can always contact anyone you wish by clicking into their names on the left hand side where it shows their number of posts etc. The emails will reach them if they have given one for this purpose.

Sandra is in Australia. There are other collectors in your part of the world i.e. Karen, Sandra etc. Look through the members names and country of origin. I am in London, U.K.

Petals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users