22 replies to this topic

#16 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

Hi Jennifer

Good to hear you will be coming to the IPBA. I have attended most of them the past 10 years. I always have a great time and never fail to find some solids I aboslutely must have! In fact a lot of my best ones were purchased at either the collectors market, showroom or room sales. The room sales will most likely continue but not sanctined by the club for obvious liabilty reasons. There will be no posting board for room nos. at the registration desk but room sellers will be giving you a card with their room number. I will be selling some solids at the collectors market and from the room if my roomate doesn't object. Please look me up when you get there, would love to meet you. Last year in Chicago I met Margret and husband but not until the last day.

I still go to antique stores/shows, flea markets and garage sales. And every now and then I find something good. It's a lot harder now to find something that I don't have. But even if I have it and it's a good deal I buy to resell just because it's fun selling at the convention and I know some other collector might enjoy it.

See Ya!!!

Phyllis

I can't wait to get together and chat solids with a fellow collector. I am now getting more excited for the upcoming time. I was nervous I'd be the only solid collector in a swarm of bottles! LOL! I have found several other solid perfume collectors will be there also. And yes, I will definitely look you up and browse any solids you have available! I have so many that I am hunting! Ah, the joy of collecting solids!! I have told myself that I will only take so much money and limit myself a little bit, but I am afraid it will be like a kid going into a candy store hungry! LOL!
Jennifer in Jax

#17 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

I'll be at convention, haven't missed one yet! It's great to see all my friends. There aren't as many solids and powders as there were in the heyday, but still fun to go and see all the wonderful perfumes and accessories. I'll have a few solids at the Collectors Market on Friday morning. Good prices too! Do not expece to see any in the auction catalog. See you soon!

Woody

#18 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

Hi Woody-
Super, I'll have to hunt you out first so I can get first dibs on your solids! I know you have quite a collection! I will be happy to meet you. I was told that the auction usually did not include any solids, but that it is interesting to watch the bottle collectors duke it out!! But as long as they are looking at the bottles, that leaves more solids for me!!

Jennifer

#19 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

PS I'll be easy to spot, as I have pulled out a lot of my solid perfume jewelry to wear during the convention to identify myself as a solid perfume collector. I figured that would be an appropriate time to play with my wearable solids! LOL!
Jennifer

#20 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

Firstly, SANDRA, I missed your birthday! Happy Belated Birthday Wishes.
I was away in Spain and not online.

Re Vegas, yes, yes, I would love to go! Margaret are you there and listening?

Re IPBA U.K. CHAPTER, we had the AGM last Saturday which always coincides with the Grand National. Always look forward to that one Saturday in the year as the people are so very very nice and it is like a home coming. Margaret, you HAVE TO COME NEXT YEAR!

Now to all our overseas collectors, PLEASE TRY AND COME TO OUR CONVENTION IN NOVEMBER.....watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would like to be going to your Convention but it works out extremely expensive. The problem is that if I came I would not want to return to U.K. immediately after which would mean a hotel (by the beach) for at least two weeks minimum. There was a time when I used to travel to Florida when small hotels, motels type, on the sea front were relatively inexpensive..... So dream on (talking to myself).....

#21 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

Off to Jacksonville on Wednesday for the convention that opens Thursday. Know it will be great fun. Something going on every hour. For all who will be going, be sure to take a look at the Florida "display only" show case. You may see some of your favorites there.

Phyllis

#22 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

to everyone going to the convention in Jax...Have a super time, I shall be with you in thought.

Margaret..... :)

#23 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

Well everyone.. I am off to the convention tomorrow. I will take pictures and post for all. Hopefully scoop up some solids to add to the growing collection. Most of all I am looking forward to meeting fellow perfume lovers of all sorts! The weather here in Jax is 80's and sunny and supposed to be great all weekend for those of you coming from out of town.

Jennifer in Jax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users