13 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a wonderful holidays and a Happy New Year!!!

What's up with this auction for this solid perfume heart???
http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a179de383

Did someone glue an embellished heart on top?

#2 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:37 PM

Funny you should show this one! I thought the same thing and had a double take! They have added the top knot .......and unfortunately someone who is not a collector will not recognise this!

:unsure:

#3 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

Hi, Lisa & Petals!
Did anyone check out the Imperial Princess -
http://www.ebay.com/...49ww.ebay.com/? "Excellent condition" but has a large chip on the inner sleeve on her right arm and the bottom half of her left braid is orange?? Maybe a touch up here or there? I saw the auction where the seller bought her about 10 minutes after it was completed a couple days ago. Price she paid was $40! Incredible. :angry:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! :blink:

p.s. I tried to make the letter size bigger but it didn't work...

Edited by wjh414, 03 January 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#4 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:16 AM

Yikes... looks as if her hair (Imperial Princess) was blackened... you can see this right from the top view.... am I right???

#5 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

Hello Wendy, is this the auction that went for the low price or were there two auctions?

Wish I had seen it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

Hello Wendy, is this the auction that went for the low price or were there two auctions?

Wish I had seen it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, Jacky,
Two auctions for this Princess. The first one was on 12/26 and she was purchased for $40. The person who purchased her is now selling her with a starting bid of $388. Yes, I admit I would have bought her for $40, too, even with the chip, orange braid and painted hair!! :P Do you or does anyone else know whether she can be restored? Ann & Ken? Brigitte? Woody? Just wondered even though I can't afford to bid at the price now! :(
Wendy

#7 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

40 dollars :blink: :blink: :blink:

#8 mostlyminis

mostlyminis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

The heart with the furry add on is certainly an "original". That's a bit sick that someone bought the princess for $40 and is now trying to sell her as "excellent". Perhaps someone who knows how she should look should ask a question of the seller, although I guess the seller doesn't have to post the question. Sad.

#9 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

I just checked and the Princess has been relisted! Someone is reading our posts :ph34r: The new description includes the "tiny chip" but nothing about the orange braid or painted hair. The starting bid was lowered to $298 and there's already a bid on her. Still wondering if anyone knows if she can be restored? ;)
Wendy

#10 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

Question to ebay seller:
Dear 5953joyce,

You advertised as excellent condition. Could you please confirm that there has been no chipping, damage or alterations to this compact? Thanks!

Seller's Answer:

A different buyer just brought to my attention that there is a tiny chip on the lower part of the sleeve of the arm that is raised higher. I sincerely did not see it even while taking the photos. Because there are bids on it, I can not change the listing. I am going to contact the 2 bidders to give them this new information. Other than that, the coral paint is paler in some areas from age. Thank you for your interest. Joyce

I just checked and the Princess has been relisted! Someone is reading our posts :ph34r: The new description includes the "tiny chip" but nothing about the orange braid or painted hair. The starting bid was lowered to $298 and there's already a bid on her. Still wondering if anyone knows if she can be restored? ;)
Wendy

Edited by Ar, 06 January 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#11 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

The Princess looks as though her hair were blackened with magic marker. I don't think you can remove that. Some people just can't leave well enough alone.

#12 mostlyminis

mostlyminis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

Oh, good. Someone did ask a question. I hope it was posted on the sale page. It might alert a buyer to look more closely at the Princess. Although it would still be tough, since a lot of us don't know what a Princess is supposed to look like.

I don't sell on e-bay any more, but is that true you can't end a listing with bids? I know you can't change certain things once there are bids, but I thought all you had to do was notify the bidders that something was wrong with the auction and then end it. Of course, you'd have to want to end it.

#13 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:19 AM

Hello Mostlyminis, I have ended auctions on ebay. If I realise I have made a mistake and decided not to let the auction run, then I have cancelled. You can always end an auction but I prefer not to do so once there are bids. I also consider if no-one bids on an item I have listed then that is their loss if it is ended. When searching on ebay, if I see something I want and there are no bids, then I make a point of bidding. This way the seller knows there is interest. To leave an item without bids is taking a chance. So no bids and I change my mind, then the watchers cannot complain if I cancel my auction! That is my philosophy, rightly or wrongly! I have items up now for sale. Whether I let them run or decide to forego the listing fee whilst there are no bids, that is my perogative.........

#14 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

Oops. I replied to Ari's post and since checking the auction, notice it has be included in the description.

Edited by Petals, 10 January 2012 - 08:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users