Awesome photos, Lisa! Thank you for sharing them! You're a star! :lol:
Wendy

#17 mostlyminis

mostlyminis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

Lisa. those pictures are beautiful and so are you! If you haven't been a model, you certainly have the smile and poise of one. Your solids look so nice, I hope you made a lot of converts.

#18 Pamela

Pamela

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:50 AM

More photos from solid perfume Hong Kong event:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

Hello Lisa,

Fantastic!

Such a long time since we met that I would never have recognised you.

The pictures are absolutely amazing!

#20 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

Lisa,
Thanks for sharing the photos!
Ar

#21 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

Hi Lisa and everyone,

I can see the pictures now. I'm so excited. They are great photos. It's good that you promote the solid perfumes to people of Hong Kong or maybe to China in the future!

The only thing that slightly worries me is that if they do become popular, fakes will emerge in no time. French red wine has become extremely popular in china in recent years and a particular brand has skyrocketed to a thousand times of its original price and apparently the bottles that are now selling in china are more than the production of the chateau! Heaps of fakes in the market!

#22 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

True Yuen... everything is being copied and solid as counterfeits these days... the only thing about the solids is that they would be very time consuming to make... all the crystals have to be hand set so the man/woman hour put in may not be worth the effort... with that being said... it could happen so you never know.

We did over the years see some that no one has ever seen before... there are- Prototypes.. out there... some solids that EL made but they never went into full production.

Some of our members here have some amazing prototypes that are so fun to see!

Brigitte, our member from Germany has one of the most amazing collections ever... she has awesome prototypes... I'll look for her link that she shared with us for you to see...

Have fun, check around... we love when there are new collectors!

#23 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hi Yuen,
Welcome! While we haven't so far seen fake compacts, please be alert for repaired compacts. Sometimes they have been glued back together or painted.
Ar

#24 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hi Yuen,
Welcome! While we haven't so far seen fake compacts, please be alert for repaired compacts. Sometimes they have been glued back together or painted.
Ar

Thank you! I have just received my first solid perfume! I am so excited. I have now ordered about a dozen and managed to get two in box and with perfume. I'm watching a few which are in box as well and hopefully the price won't get too high and I can afford them :-)

Do you think it's worthwhile for me (a new collector) to purchase the Estee Lauder solid perfume book?

Yes, I'll be careful with the fakes. Hopefully there won't be a lot around!

#25 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

:) Welcome, Yuen and congratulations on your first one ! Which one did you get?

I remember how excited I was getting my first one . . . oh and my second and third all the way to the hundreds I have now.

It never stops being exciting, so good luck with your collection. Sounds like you are well on your way. B)

PS. Make sure you always ask for pictures and maybe also where they are obtained from.

Edited by Sandra, 25 March 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#26 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

:) Welcome, Yuen and congratulations on your first one ! Which one did you get?

I remember how excited I was getting my first one . . . oh and my second and third all the way to the hundreds I have now.

It never stops being exciting, so good luck with your collection. Sounds like you are well on your way. B)

PS. Make sure you always ask for pictures and maybe also where they are obtained from.

I've got the Petit Four but it is empty. I have got the Bubbly and Spangled Drum in the box with perfume but haven't received them yet.

Alice

#27 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

That's a good start ! :)

Be careful - they are very addictive ! :D

#28 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

Hi Yeun,
You asked if the book is helpful, which I am assuming is Roselyn Gerson's book. It did help me when I first started collecting, but I find using the database on this site is incredibly helpful too.

Be sure to read over some of the old forum topics too. I had questions about how to tell which solids are wharehouse sales versus original releases in stores, how to clean my solids, which ones tend to turn yellow with time and so many other valuable topics. Be sure to look at Ann and Ken's pictures. They are amazing pictures of their collections in super settings. So much fun!

Jennifer in Jax, FL

#29 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

Hi Yeun,
You asked if the book is helpful, which I am assuming is Roselyn Gerson's book. It did help me when I first started collecting, but I find using the database on this site is incredibly helpful too.

Be sure to read over some of the old forum topics too. I had questions about how to tell which solids are wharehouse sales versus original releases in stores, how to clean my solids, which ones tend to turn yellow with time and so many other valuable topics. Be sure to look at Ann and Ken's pictures. They are amazing pictures of their collections in super settings. So much fun!

Jennifer in Jax, FL

Thanks very much for the advice Jennifer. I have already gone through most of the topics and as you suggested I find them very helpful. I did look at Ann and Kent's photos and hope one day I can display mine like that! A long way though :-)

Alice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users