Photo

Pretty Paisley Auction On Ebay -- Too Good To Be True?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 laurendmb

laurendmb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:12 PM

I found this auction on ebay for Pretty Paisley... I'm definitely interested, this is a solid I've wanted for a while. I'm just wondering why the price is so low and why there are no bids... Am I missing something? This seller also has a number of other curiously low auctions for solids...

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=220898571824

#2 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

Hi, yes that is low, it is on bids however so may go up a lot higher. The other solids don't seem to be particularly cheap though.

I do think the price of solids is quite low at the moment, in fact I got a dancing bear MIB for 60. I've also seen some Harrods solids go unsold even with a starting bid of 50!!!

Maybe people just need the money for christmas.

Hope you get the paisley if you are going to bid on it, I am positive this is a geniune seller. It's a lovely solid.

Daisy

#3 laurendmb

laurendmb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:27 AM

The other solids don't seem to be particularly cheap though.

Daisy

You don't think so? Maybe the seller lowered prices since you wrote your post but I just looked at their listings and it looks like they slashed prices all around... I have a number of that seller's items in my "Watch" list, and I'm pretty sure they all decreased in price significantly.

#4 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

If it sounds too good to be true... it is. What do you think of the price now?! :lol:
Ar

I found this auction on ebay for Pretty Paisley... I'm definitely interested, this is a solid I've wanted for a while. I'm just wondering why the price is so low and why there are no bids... Am I missing something? This seller also has a number of other curiously low auctions for solids...

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=220898571824

#5 laurendmb

laurendmb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

If it sounds too good to be true... it is. What do you think of the price now?! :lol:
Ar

I spoke to the seller, turns out I bought a solid from them about 6 months ago and totally forgot. Apparently this is their "cyber monday" week as they just started a bunch of auctions at relatively low prices. I might place a low bid or two and see if I get lucky. I'm definitely bidding on Pretty Paisley if it comes up again. So yeah, the prices are low, but in my experience the seller is honest.

#6 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

I only meant the price has gone way up. I did not mean anything negative about the seller.

I spoke to the seller, turns out I bought a solid from them about 6 months ago and totally forgot. Apparently this is their "cyber monday" week as they just started a bunch of auctions at relatively low prices. I might place a low bid or two and see if I get lucky. I'm definitely bidding on Pretty Paisley if it comes up again. So yeah, the prices are low, but in my experience the seller is honest.

#7 laurendmb

laurendmb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

I guess the demand for compacts has really gone down. The prices are a fraction of what they were a couple years ago!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users