24 replies to this topic

#16 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:51 AM

Hi Lisa

I do appreciate your comments about buying/selling samples and your wise advice to ask questions before purchasing. The difference with the 2011 SP Bears sold on ebay in August is that the sale(s) were illegal as the Bear had not been released. I hope you will appreciate that myself and others were only trying to alert members to that fact while also setting wheels in motion for Estee Lauder and Harrods to take action. I personally spoke to Harrods who unlike ebay, were extremely concerned at what was going on.

Kindest regards
MitziMay
xxx

#17 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:11 AM

Sandra - WHERE did I say Lisa did not care about Solids? (It's a full moon...remember that.) Of COURSE she cares...why else this site?

I just think we're all very confused about what's real and what's not. But what collector in their right mind would purchase a "resin bear" thinking it was a solid? Was it stated in the text? I've been away from both the bay and this site for so long that by the time I go to check on things you've posted, they're gone. I can only address things in general.

Oh...Saks did call me...left a message. If we want brochures on the new line we can call them and they will send one out. How's that for info???

Anyone call Neiman's? Just a thought.

Now...am very busy. Must think up 199 User ID's and email addresses.

Bye for now! :rolleyes:

#18 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:20 AM

Hi everyone, I know it's been a while. Life has been busy. I tried to order the Harrods Bear on line and found they won't ship to the USA (at least on-line). If anyone knows how I can purchase, please help.

Thanks so much,

Katita

Hi Katita -

You can call Harrods directly and order. Their number (from the States) is 011-44-207-730-1234. At least it was...many moons ago.

Harrods also has a "Catalog" department. (I love their catalog!) The number for that is 011-44-870-732-1234.

Let us know if you get one!

(Sorry about the error on the first phone number. It's fixed now.)

Edited by zooey, 05 October 2011 - 12:58 PM.

#19 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

Hi Lisa

I do appreciate your comments about buying/selling samples and your wise advice to ask questions before purchasing. The difference with the 2011 SP Bears sold on ebay in August is that the sale(s) were illegal as the Bear had not been released. I hope you will appreciate that myself and others were only trying to alert members to that fact while also setting wheels in motion for Estee Lauder and Harrods to take action. I personally spoke to Harrods who unlike ebay, were extremely concerned at what was going on.

Kindest regards
MitziMay
xxx

MitziMay... from what I can tell the sale was not illegal... I don't believe anyone buying or selling would get arrested.... maybe it's not right but we can't call it illegal.
I can't count the times I have tried to contact EL... never, ever got a response...

#20 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:22 PM

Just to let you all know the officially released 2011 bear is now on sale. Please make contact if you have difficulties in obtaining one.

Lisa, it was E.L. who pointed out to me and to other collectors here that the other bears were being sold illegally due to their not having been released for sale at the time.

Now they are released, no more from me on the subject and if anyone wants to pay over the odds when they can be bought here in the U.K. at the normal retail price, then that is up to them!

nite nite.......

#21 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:20 AM

:rolleyes: just to let you all know, I went to Harrods and bought the 2011 bear legally for the normal retail price, I didn't even take advantage of not having to pay the VAT . . .

Ok, so I didn't know one has to carry ID when making a purchase in order to get a form to claim the VAT. Things are sure different in the mother country! Plus, the rule is the retail store has to agree to refund the VAT, which Harrods does, BUT takes a cut out of it for giving you the paperwork . . . Almost half !

Sounds like I'm whinging? Over here (yes, I am back in Sydney now), you only have to show the receipt and goods when you leave the country and you get the full GST (VAT equivalent) returned to you. Over there, a store receipt and goods are not accepted at the airport, so not many travelers would know this unless they read the rules on the internet as this is information is not offered in any store, hence no queueing (line up) at the VAT refund office! I think that was the plan! :angry:

On a good note, however, it was satisfying looking and then buying the bear, though it seemed I knew more about the EL solids than the lady who sold it to me . . . :blink:

I guess I should have dragged Jacky along with me just for moral support !

#22 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:24 PM

It really was great seeing you here in London and next time, and I mean next time, you will stay here even if I have to make a bed up for you on the couch!

I have been told by friends that I can have the picture transferred from my camera and made into a photograph which I then would take another photo of! Ugh....this must sound complicated! Probably is! Yes, I forgot to have the memory card in my camera when I took a beautiful picture of Sandra sitting in the armchair with a Harrods stuffed bear next to her!

COME BACK SOON..........MISS YOU.......AND YOU COULD HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE U.K. IPBA CONVENTION THIS WEEKEND! :(

#23 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

Jacky,
You should be able to download the image directly to your computer from the camera via the USB cord that came with the camera.
Ar

It really was great seeing you here in London and next time, and I mean next time, you will stay here even if I have to make a bed up for you on the couch!

I have been told by friends that I can have the picture transferred from my camera and made into a photograph which I then would take another photo of! Ugh....this must sound complicated! Probably is! Yes, I forgot to have the memory card in my camera when I took a beautiful picture of Sandra sitting in the armchair with a Harrods stuffed bear next to her!

COME BACK SOON..........MISS YOU.......AND YOU COULD HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE U.K. IPBA CONVENTION THIS WEEKEND! :(

#24 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:32 AM

Thanks Ar, but unfortunately the cord which attached to the camera is broken and now I have purchased a card reader where I have to put the memory card into the little black square box.....

:(

Edited by Petals, 04 November 2011 - 04:32 AM.

#25 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:07 AM

Nevermind, Jacky - it's the image in your mind that's important. Next time I am in London, or indeed, going to Dubai I shall let you know and hopefully have more time to spend with you. Wish it was next year for the Olympics, but alas, unless a miracle happens, I will not be back there so soon.

Thanks for the offer a place to stay - it would be grand !

Don't miss me - I am always here watching and reading about your exploits and thoughts, I will be back to see you . . one day . . . somehow . . . Maybe with our other buddy (the one that talks fast) ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users