• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:37 AM

Hi everyone. The Harrods 2011 Bear has been issued. YEA! Cute as ever. It is slightly different than the samples that were being sold earlier I believe. I am attaching a pic, hope it comes through.

Woody

Attached Files

#2 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:16 PM

:) Thanks Woody. Much appreciated.

#3 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

Hey Woody! How are things in the Windy City? Anyway, the REAL 2011 Bear is now officially listed on Harrod's website, as I'm sure everyone knows by now, and it's just like Woody's picture.

As far as the "samples" being a little different, perhaps they were just knock-off's. I'm just saying! It's not "bible." :unsure:

Hi Sandra - Haven't forgotten you! :)

Edited by zooey, 29 September 2011 - 11:12 AM.

#4 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

All I can say is that it was a pity we did not have more input from you all on the site at the time when these other item bears were being listed! Thanks to various collectors and concerned U.K. collectors, the sale of those 'illegal' bears have been noted. It's all very well getting excited about new releases but on the other side of the coin, you wouldn't have new releases if everyone sat back and did nothing!

Edited by Petals, 30 September 2011 - 04:26 PM.

#5 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:37 AM

Hey Zooey! B)

Have missed you. Know you wouldn't have forgotten me . . . We have had too much banter on this site for that to happen!

Understand other priorities might take place before me, but have missed you awfully these past few months!

Jacky has been relentless about these illegal bears obviously feels unsupported by our countrymen though I have had little idea of what was going on because like most controversial topics on this site, there is no direct referencing or evidence by the time I read the posts here, I am hearing it secondhand and therefore think my opinions about the matter aren't really based on my own ideas but the ideas of others.

Of course, like others, I am hugely p'ed off with the devaluation of our solid perfume collections with all the warehouse sales and oversupply of empty solids, and solids escaping before their release date, and I do value the integrity of the Harrods EL collection, but having not seen it first hand, I feel I cannot comment on it.

I support Jacky and other long time collectors that I have come to know on this site over many years, 100%. I just don't think my second hand opinion would be taken seriously. I do appreciate the time Jacky and others have spent campaigning and fighting for the cause.

I must admit I don't know who is who in the EL world and therefore have my head in the sand and probably deserve the kick up the a#*! Jacky has given me.

Sigh! :(

#6 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:48 AM

:unsure: oH DEAR! DID NOT MEAN TO CAUSE YOU ANY OFFENCE SANDRA, OR ZOOEY!

Just saw red when I saw our friend's first post announcing the release of the 2011 Bear....so I responded emotionally as you would never believe the amount of work that has gone on this side of the ocean TRYING to bring the Harrods' Ebay listings to light and to stop this kind of thing happening over here!

I know we had success and I am not able to divulge the names of the other collectors involved as I have not asked their permission. I can assure you, alot of hard work went into this as I am not very good at keeping track of things etc. so the credit does not fall on my shoulders.

So please do not be upset by my rantings but I do hope others will read the post and feel a twinge of (whatever) as to non involvement. After all, this is what the solid perfume site is all about i.e. to keep us all informed, to contribute and to fight for the life of our collections whether we keep them for a few years or an eternity plus other aspects which I do not have time to list right now!!!"

Thanks as always to Lisa and Jack....

#7 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:33 AM

:ph34r:

All I can say is that it was a pity we did not have more input from you all on the site at the time when these other item bears were being listed! Thanks to various collectors and concerned U.K. collectors, the sale of those 'illegal' bears have been noted. It's all very well getting excited about new releases but on the other side of the coin, you wouldn't have new releases if everyone sat back and did nothing!

What I've never understood is why collectors would purchase ANY solids that were supposedly "pre-released." Wouldn't your head tell you that Estee Lauder does not auction off solids or anything else on the Bay? Therefore, it's someone who has access to figures that are possibly knock-off's or...unfinished solid figurals that have been surreptitiously obtained.

Plus, Estee Lauder is a full-fledged member of the VERO program...they are supposed to monitor and catch these things themselves. They have an entire department or 2 (one is located in the UK) dedicated to just what Jacky is doing. Why are they not doing anything?

Just because many of us are in the US, we can still access Harrod's website. At least...I can.

That said, we do have to thank Petals for all her covert work on our behalf. :ph34r: It truly is appreciated. It's just sad that consumers must do all the work.

'nough said, as usual. All this is just, of course, IMHO! :)

#8 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:25 AM

Hi everyone, I know it's been a while. Life has been busy. I tried to order the Harrods Bear on line and found they won't ship to the USA (at least on-line). If anyone knows how I can purchase, please help.

Thanks so much,

Katita

#9 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:30 AM

Hey Zooey! B)

Have missed you. Know you wouldn't have forgotten me . . . We have had too much banter on this site for that to happen!

Understand other priorities might take place before me, but have missed you awfully these past few months!

Jacky has been relentless about these illegal bears obviously feels unsupported by our countrymen though I have had little idea of what was going on because like most controversial topics on this site, there is no direct referencing or evidence by the time I read the posts here, I am hearing it secondhand and therefore think my opinions about the matter aren't really based on my own ideas but the ideas of others.

Of course, like others, I am hugely p'ed off with the devaluation of our solid perfume collections with all the warehouse sales and oversupply of empty solids, and solids escaping before their release date, and I do value the integrity of the Harrods EL collection, but having not seen it first hand, I feel I cannot comment on it.

I support Jacky and other long time collectors that I have come to know on this site over many years, 100%. I just don't think my second hand opinion would be taken seriously. I do appreciate the time Jacky and others have spent campaigning and fighting for the cause.

I must admit I don't know who is who in the EL world and therefore have my head in the sand and probably deserve the kick up the a#*! Jacky has given me.

Sigh! :(

Hi Sandra

Thank you so much for your encouragement in our efforts to fight for the cause!

Like Petals, I was involved in gathering all the facts about the illegal selling of pre-release Harrods 2011 SP Bears on ebay and presenting the evidence to Harrods/Estee Lauder, so if ever you want to see evidence of the pre-release Bears on ebay just let me know and I will forward copies of the listings to you. The first seller who is an active member of this site had already sold a 2011 Bear for $850 despite several people reporting the listing to ebay while the listing was still active. The second Bear that came on ebay by a different seller was quickly removed before the listing ended. I am unsure about the rules on this site so did not know if it was possible/acceptable to upload the listings in question to embed in my Post but I did ask the Moderator (see my previous posts) if I could name and shame the rogue sellers but got no response. On this thorny subject I have done my utmost to present the facts and only the facts on the matter of the illegal 2011 Bears.

Zooey, I agree with you entirely, what is the point of Estee Lauder being a member of the VERO program if they don't take action against the sellers who break the rules????? FACT

MitziMay
xxx

#10 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:34 AM

The first seller who is an active member of this site had already sold a 2011 Bear for $850 despite several people reporting the listing to ebay while the listing was still active. The second Bear that came on ebay by a different seller was quickly removed before the listing ended. I am unsure about the rules on this site so did not know if it was possible/acceptable to upload the listings in question to embed in my Post but I did ask the Moderator (see my previous posts) if I could name and shame the rogue sellers but got no response. On this thorny subject I have done my utmost to present the facts and only the facts on the matter of the illegal 2011 Bears.

What is the point of Estee Lauder being a member of the VERO program if they don't take action against the sellers who break the rules????? FACT

MitziMay
xxx

Hi MitziMay -

Have highlighted a few very relevant words from your post. You see, the first and second seller of the bears are quite possibly, and most likely, the same seller. You see, each seller on the Bay can have more than one User ID, and PayPal allows (are you ready) up to 200 different email addresses with the SAME PASSWORD for the SAME ACCOUNT. I'm sure the there is a perfectly rational explanation for this. Stores could have 200 employees working for them, and they would have to share the same password to access the Stores account on PayPal AND the Bay. However, I have spoken with more than one employee of the Bay and they have assured me that anyone with an account on their site can have many User ID's and access to one account on PP for 200 Users with the same password...as long as it trails back to one of their numerous registered User ID's on the Bay. I found that very interesting.

In situations like these (more than one of the same item but different sellers) I always check their location and invariably it turns out to be New York. What a coincidence...but it's fun to investigate and yes, speculate. (Rhode Island has sort of fallen off the radar screen...guess they ran out of contraband. Canada isn't too busy, either.)

I edited your post in the interest of keeping this as short as possible.

'nite all...have a happy Tuesday. :)

(Was going to edit this post but forgot why. duh.) :blink:

Edited by zooey, 04 October 2011 - 12:49 AM.

#11 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:09 AM

Hi MitziMay -

Have highlighted a few very relevant words from your post. You see, the first and second seller of the bears are quite possibly, and most likely, the same seller. You see, each seller on the Bay can have more than one User ID, and PayPal allows (are you ready) up to 200 different email addresses with the SAME PASSWORD for the SAME ACCOUNT. I'm sure the there is a perfectly rational explanation for this. Stores could have 200 employees working for them, and they would have to share the same password to access the Stores account on PayPal AND the Bay. However, I have spoken with more than one employee of the Bay and they have assured me that anyone with an account on their site can have many User ID's and access to one account on PP for 200 Users with the same password...as long as it trails back to one of their numerous registered User ID's on the Bay. I found that very interesting.

In situations like these (more than one of the same item but different sellers) I always check their location and invariably it turns out to be New York. What a coincidence...but it's fun to investigate and yes, speculate. (Rhode Island has sort of fallen off the radar screen...guess they ran out of contraband. Canada isn't too busy, either.)

I edited your post in the interest of keeping this as short as possible.

'nite all...have a happy Tuesday. :)

(Was going to edit this post but forgot why. duh.) :blink:

Hi Zooey

Just to set the records straight, the two sellers I mentioned do not live in the same State, one lives in NY and the other in Florida and yes I am aware that ebayers do have more than one account but I very much appreciate your input on this subject and found the extra info about passwords and different email addresses very interesting :o
Kind regards
MitziMay
xxx

#12 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:08 PM

Let's just leave this as..... if one wants to purchase samples... than so be it.... if someone wants to sell samples than so be it... ask questions if you are not sure what you are getting....
it's pretty apparent EL does not care what's is going on... this isn't going to change...

Thanks...

#13 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:04 AM

You're absolutely right, Lisa. EL does not care about what is happening or it's customers. Unfortunately, we are the customers/collectors...and we DO care. However, since you don't want us to discuss this topic anymore, that's fine. We'll just let it go. However, we'll find some other way to keep one another informed. :ph34r:

Take care...

Edited by zooey, 05 October 2011 - 12:05 AM.

#14 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:03 AM

Oops! I didn't mean to stir the hornets nest.

I have to say, I like being informed. I like hearing other people's opinions even though they may be different from my own.

I know it's difficult not getting angry or upset about EL politics, and Ebay as a sell off point for mysteriously gained items, but I guess we can't go on about it ad nausem until we're all bitter and twisted.

I fully support the idea of protecting our collections and the EL brand, even if EL themselves aren't interested. It is good to know people have got off their backsides and fought for its survival.

Jacky, MitzyMay & Co, well done.

Zooey, I think Lisa does care, but doesn't want members here to use this site to publicly argue beyond disagreement and simply putting their point across. I agree with that too. People will not post if they are going to get shot down. We learnt that before.

Lastly, I like seeing you on the site as that means you are alive and well enough to at least type on the computer. That always brings me back here too.

I've been busy and am going away soon, so may not be back on this site for a few weeks.

Y'all be good now, ya hear ! B)

#15 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:58 AM

Have just caught up, but not yet fully digested, everything that has been written since I last visited!

Just by way of conversation, I shall be walking through Hyde Park and thereonafter into Harrods later this morning. It will be interesting to have a chat once there!

Re the comment that E.L. doesn't care, and not wishing to labour a point, I think that our brand/version of E.L. do care! Had you been in the U.K. and seen the emails flying back and forth (not to mention the verbal conversations) I think this would have given you all a different take on the matter. Last but not by any way least, the fact that auctions by these sellers were being cancelled or replaced by resin bears (being sold at ridiculous prices due to their lack of knowledge re these items i.e. the sellers in the States) I am sure our Collectors would have been really heartened. I think we in the U.K. have every right to defend our side of argument! After all we have always stood up for what we believe to be right and just, hence Great Britain ;)

So on that point I shall go soldiering (marching) on, waving my flag and enjoying the green, green grass of home!

:)

Zooey, thanks for the information. You have a wealth of information to share and I for one, will now be listing under...Tom, Dick or Harry?!

Edited by Petals, 05 October 2011 - 03:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users