• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:40 AM

As has been mentioned, the Harrods solids and the little bears are the last bastion of solid collecting.

I beg you all if you think that a solid has come out of the factory THEN DON'T BUY IT, in a way you are helping these people to a large profit at your own expense.

IMHO it is better to save up for a perfect MIB solid or the best example you can get of an older one than to buy three or four empty ones that may or may not have come out of the factory.

IF NO ONE BUYS THEM THEN THEY WILL HAVE NO MARKET......END OF PROBLEM, WELL ALLMOST.

Margaret.......

#17 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:06 AM

As has been mentioned, the Harrods solids and the little bears are the last bastion of solid collecting.

I beg you all if you think that a solid has come out of the factory THEN DON'T BUY IT, in a way you are helping these people to a large profit at your own expense.

IMHO it is better to save up for a perfect MIB solid or the best example you can get of an older one than to buy three or four empty ones that may or may not have come out of the factory.

IF NO ONE BUYS THEM THEN THEY WILL HAVE NO MARKET......END OF PROBLEM, WELL ALLMOST.

Margaret.......

Margaret, my sentiments exactly!
I would much rather have one full with original perfume not re-filled compact with both boxes than several empties/re-filled compacts and may I also re-iterate your point by pleading to collectors that by buying these empties: 'in a way you are helping these people to a large profit at your own expense'

MitziMay
xxx

#18 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

Margaret.......

The point has been made by Vegas Lady and I am sure everyone who has written about this will endorse the fact that we cannot just sit back now.

PLEASE ALL OF YOU, AND THERE ARE MANY OUT THERE WHO ARE MEMBERS WHO ARE NOT WRITING ON THIS POST, WRITE OR TELEPHONE ESTEE LAUDER. THE MORE COLLECTORS WHO DO THIS, THE MORE THEY WILL TAKE NOTE.

WE ARE DOING ALL WE CAN HERE IN THE U.K. AS WE DO NOT WANT OUR SPECIAL HARRODS SOLIDS TO BE TREATED WITH SUCH CONTEMPT!

I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT IF WHAT IS HAPPENING CONTINUES, THERE WON'T BE ANY HARRODS SOLID COLLECTORS AND THEN YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO BLAME YOURSELVES FOR BEING COMPLACENT. I KNOW WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO DO WITH THE SELLERS! THEY READ OUR POSTS AND KNOW WE KNOW WHO THEY ARE! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES....!

#19 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:21 AM

Just to say thanks to the members who have been in touch and are writing/contacting E.Lauder and Harrods. Harrods have been in touch
and looking into all the points raised.

Keep on making contact and writing to them as well as your own E.L. Representatives/Head Office.

Also contact Ebay as they are showing interest and have already removed some of the items. That may be easier for members to do whenever they see something suspect.

Edited by Petals, 10 August 2011 - 06:25 AM.

#20 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:10 PM

I think that Harrods should be royally P****d at this. EL has never been one for controling what came out of the factory and who got what. But if Harrods wants to be exclusive then they need to put the pressure on EL for better control as they have the juice and we don't.

#21 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:15 AM

I think that Harrods should be royally P****d at this. EL has never been one for controling what came out of the factory and who got what. But if Harrods wants to be exclusive then they need to put the pressure on EL for better control as they have the juice and we don't.

Couldn't have put it better myself :D

#22 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:52 AM

Agree! :)

#23 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:38 PM

As I said in a previous post, I just hope Harrod's doesn't decide not to release the 2011 Bear or even worse, decide to discontinue them. Makes me extremely sad... :( Any word yet, Petals? Or any "Bear sightings"? Please don't risk going out if London continues to be so dangerous! :o Thank you again and thanks to all who are trying to ensure that the integrity of the tradition of the EL Harrods Bear continues.
Wendy

#24 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:22 AM

Hello Wendy,

Have been so busy and will not go into why! Just relieved all will soon be back to normal.

I intend going to Harrods one day this week and will let you all know the outcome.

Meanwhile to those of you who have posted and are helping us as much as you can, our U.K. collectors I know are very grateful! Surprised not to have seen more on the site but maybe collectors in the U.S. are not so interested in the Harrods solids at the present time! :blink:

#25 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:46 AM

Hello Wendy,

Have been so busy and will not go into why! Just relieved all will soon be back to normal.

I intend going to Harrods one day this week and will let you all know the outcome.

Meanwhile to those of you who have posted and are helping us as much as you can, our U.K. collectors I know are very grateful! Surprised not to have seen more on the site but maybe collectors in the U.S. are not so interested in the Harrods solids at the present time! :blink:

Hi Petals

Glad to hear that things have settled down on the streets of London! Take care.

Regarding Harrods, thank you Petals for taking the time to visit the mighty store, your efforts on our behalf are greatly appreciated. I can imagine that Harrods, unlike Estee Lauder will take definitive action against the people involved in the illegal selling of the Harrods 2011 SP Bear. I understand from good authority that Harrods now hold all the relevant info on the ebay sellers involved including copies of every listing of the 2011 SP Harrods Bear sold on ebay over the last few weeks. My thanks to all of you who have supported our cause!

MitziMay
xxx

#26 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:51 AM

Please post who/where to contact so that we can assist with letting Estee and Harrod's know the concerns. I think that it would be good to let both know that all collector's are united in enjoying the solids and want to see the future of our collections continue as untarnished as possible. Thanks! Jenn

#27 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:58 AM

Please post who/where to contact so that we can assist with letting Estee and Harrod's know the concerns. I think that it would be good to let both know that all collector's are united in enjoying the solids and want to see the future of our collections continue as untarnished as possible. Thanks! Jenn

Hi Jenn

Thanks for your question. In my case,I phoned Estee Lauder at Harrods and also sent the information they had asked for on the 2011 SP compacts on ebay, to the Estee Lauder Counter at Harrods,87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London, SW1X 7XL. You could also write to Estee Lauder Headquarters in New York if you think that will help, I think the more people that write with their concerns the better!
Hope this helps!

Love
MitziMay
xxx

#28 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:41 AM

Hi to all those concerned re the 2011 bears being sold on ebay before the official release date.

I have been to Harrods today and met Denisa Hambalkova (the Manager of the E.L Department and Marco, the Assistant Manager. They were very helpful and really lovely to speak to. As MitziMay wrote in a previous post, they are concerned and aware of the selling of this item and others prior to the official release date.

They are looking into what has been happening and have the information re the previous auctions (those cancelled either by the sellers or ebay) and those that have gone through. This also applies to the other 2011 items which were ILLEGALLY listed and sold on Ebay. The Elephant came as another surprise!. We know the identity of the sellers so it is no secret especially when one is a member of our site.

Re the site address to log into, and we hope that you will have a moment to do so with any information re listings and auctions on Ebay in case we have omitted to include some items, is:

www.esteelauder.co.uk
MARK ANY CORRESPONDENCE ATTENTION; ANGELA ROWLEY, GENERAL MANAGER Estee Lauder U.K.

I have to rush out again but will check into the above when I return in case I have omitted anything or need to add any further information.

Thanks Jenn, Ar, Wendy, etc., and all our other collectors who have been helping with their support re the above. We really have to try and stop our Harrods solids ending up the same way as many of the others which have been copied and sold as empties on Ebay.

I notice that damaged items are now being sold on ebay. This makes a change from the prototypes.

MY MESSAGE IS TO LEAVE OUR HARRODS SOLIDS ALONE. OUR COLLECTIONS HAVE BEEN DEVALUED THROUGH UNSCRUPULOUS SELLERS AND WE DO NOT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN OVER HERE IN THE U.K.

Edited by Petals, 25 August 2011 - 06:26 PM.

#29 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:39 AM

MORE 2011 BEARS BEING SOLD WITHOUT PERFUME ON EBAY! TO ALL OUR COLLECTORS, WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU WANT TO PAY ABOVE THE RETAIL PRICE FOR A BEAR WITHOUT PERFUME???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

HARRODS HAVE BEEN TOLD ABOUT THIS ONE AND I AM CHECKING WITH OUR MODERATOR WHETHER WE CAN WRITE THESE SELLERS NAMES ON THIS SITE!

THE AUCTIONS ARE BEING WATCHED AS THEY ARE ILLEGAL. IT IS ACTUALLY RECEIVING STOLEN GOODS IF PURCHASED BUT THIS IS NOT MY CONCERN.

OVER TO HARRODS AND EBAY...... THE 2011 BEAR WILL BE RELEASED BUT NOT AS YET FOR ALL THOSE OUT THERE WHO THINK THEY ARE MAKING A FANTASTIC BUY! YOU ARE JUST SPENDING EXTRA MONEY TO RECEIVE A BEAR WITHOUT THE PERFUME.

IF THAT MAKES SENSE THEN ???????????????????????? SO IF YOU WANT TO PAY DOUBLE FOR THE BEAR AND FILL UP ON OUR FRIEND'S COPY ESTEE LAUDER PERFUME, THEN GOOD LUCK!

#30 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

more later.

Edited by Petals, 02 September 2011 - 01:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users