• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:19 AM

I just got a card in the mail from Neiman's in King of Prussia inviting me to lunch and a preview of the 2011 solids. I'm glad EL is still producing solids and am curious to see what will be released this year.

#2 helen

helen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:44 PM

Hope you enjoy the preview show.I have met the sales rep at King of Prussia and wished I lived near because she does pamper her customers. I have gotten a mailing of the 2011 Neiman's offerings, but I won't spoil you party by telling you what they are yet. Saks is offering what looks like a sheaf or limb of leaves in White Linen and an arrangement of flowers in Pleasures by Jay Strongwater. ( The limb of leaves is not Strongwater) Have fun at the party.

#3 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:35 AM

Hi Helen -
That sounds like so much fun! Sigh... wish I was closer also! If there are any brochures/flyers/printed info on the solids being released could you please, please pick them up for me. I'll pay for mailing costs. I am trying to collect all past and current info to document all the solids released. I do hope you have a great time! Be sure to give us all an update on how the event goes!
Cheers -
Jenn

#4 helen

helen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:05 PM

Hi Helen -
That sounds like so much fun! Sigh... wish I was closer also! If there are any brochures/flyers/printed info on the solids being released could you please, please pick them up for me. I'll pay for mailing costs. I am trying to collect all past and current info to document all the solids released. I do hope you have a great time! Be sure to give us all an update on how the event goes!
Cheers -
Jenn

I have several of the brochures that have been sent to me over the past few years from some of the sales reps at Saks and Neimans. How can I get a mailing address for you? I will be glad to copy them and send you the copies. They will be in black and white though.

#5 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:58 PM

I have several of the brochures that have been sent to me over the past few years from some of the sales reps at Saks and Neimans. How can I get a mailing address for you? I will be glad to copy them and send you the copies. They will be in black and white though.

Helen! Thank you so much!! I have sent you a personal email, but just in case, my email address is butterflies1219@hotmail.com. These will be such a great source of information for the book on solid perfumes I am working on!

If anyone has additional brochures/mailing information on releases that they would like to share. Please contact me! I really want to be able to accurately detail where certain solids were released from, the original release prices and any special information. I am trying to compile information on all solid perfumes, not just Estee Lauder. I have some documented from the 1920's and upwards, so please help with any information you think could help me document this for all of us solid perfume lovers!

Happy Collecting!
Jenn

#6 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:32 AM

Hi Jenn,

I have a site with all the brochures I own.

BROCHURES

The years that are highlited have brochures, you may click on them.

on the page you may click a single picture to enlarge it and then you may click with the righ mouse to store them.

If you have any brochures that are not on my page please be so kind as to send them to me (if possible in color) and I will add them to the site.

Hope that helps, Brigitte

#7 marie5

marie5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:00 PM

I just got a brochure from Neiman Marcus. On one of the pages it mentions compacts that are solid perfume or pressed powder by Estee Lauder. One compact is a cute elephant sitting with its horn up and another compact is a padlock with a key. I think these are the solids. Beautiful Luck Compact by Jay Strongwater ( I think its the Elephant) $295. Estee Lauder Sensuous Success Compact ( I think is the padlock and key) $225. I couldn't find these on their website so I guess it is the fall ones.

#8 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:26 AM

would be interested to see these items. One of our members sent me a picture of the Elephant. It is truly amazing. Re the Padlock with the key, I have the original solid so would be interested to see how they have revised it. Seems like as mentioned before, the old ones i.e. designs are re-surfacing.

The Elephant is absolutely beautiful IMHO!

#9 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:05 AM

Hi everyone,

the brochures of the 2011 solids and powder compacts are listed in the GENERAL DISCUSSION.

I started it and unfortunately I choose the wrong topic.

Brigitte

#10 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

"Love" compact $65.00
Beautiful "Love" Heart &95.00
Posted Image
Youth Dew “Prosperity” $89.00
“Good Fortune” Compact
US SRP: $125.00
Posted Image
Beautiful “Luck”
Elephant by Jay Strongwater $295.00
“Success” Compact $75.00
Posted Image
"Luck" compact $65.00
Posted Image

I may have the names and prices wrong... these are nice!

#11 nyslzzle

nyslzzle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:14 PM

Hi the elephant is beautiful, I have one. I think its the best.

#12 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:28 AM

No doubt the elephant is very impressive but just how many more different elephants can EL produce? Some new ideas in the design department, PLEASE!
xxx

#13 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:49 PM

Exactly, MitziMay! I'd love to see them do an otter.
Ar

No doubt the elephant is very impressive but just how many more different elephants can EL produce? Some new ideas in the design department, PLEASE!
xxx

#14 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:58 AM

Expect there will now be an empty Elephant on Ebay soon :rolleyes: or perhaps another 2011 Bear! Sick and tired of unscrupulous people devaluing everything to do with our solid collections just to make some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!

The Padlock is different in colour etc., from the original which I have. I expect that will come out soon as an empty!

:ph34r:

#15 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:31 AM

Hi Jenn,

I have a site with all the brochures I own.

BROCHURES

The years that are highlited have brochures, you may click on them.

on the page you may click a single picture to enlarge it and then you may click with the righ mouse to store them.

If you have any brochures that are not on my page please be so kind as to send them to me (if possible in color) and I will add them to the site.

Hope that helps, Brigitte

Hi Brigitte-
Thank you! I have checked it out before and you have such a wonderful site. I'm sure I've told you that before, but I'll just say it again!

I am currently in a snag with setting up the photo template layouts with the solid perfume book. I am meeting with a graphic designer the end of the month to set up several. Work is going very slowly as I have thousands of pages of background information and ads from so many sites and sources to put into some semblances of readable, and hopefully enjoyable, order! LOL! I'm sure that I will be checking in with you in the future to verify some of the Estee release information. You have been such a great resource on this site and thru your website.

Again if anyone has any brochures or older advertisements on solid perfumes that are not EL..PLEASE share the info! I am trying to put as much detailed release date, prices, etc information together for the book. Anything you would like to contribute or sell or share, I really would greatly appreciate.

I am excited that my book will help to document so many of the wonderful solid perfumes that have been introduced over the years.

If I ever hit the Florida lottery, my major dream is to open a solid perfume museum so that there could be one place for solid perfume lovers to enjoy,d share and maybe grow a new generation of solid perfume collectors.... But I better start playing the lottery! LOL! Until then, it is my greatest dream which is fun for me to imagine!

Jenn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users