Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:27 AM

:o

#17 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:54 AM

Seems like you will be able to open your own store soon with the empties and everything else...

Sorry if I appear a grouch. I really do need to read all the posts but have not had time to keep up. What I have read is putting me off collecting the solids, not buying them!

Horses for courses.

Serendipity, as I said, I have not read all the posts but where are you based?

Edited by Petals, 05 July 2011 - 03:56 AM.

#18 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:07 PM

Hello Everyone,

have been away so just catching up yet again!

Serendipity, you must know Sizzles. She also has a sister and I think you are all in the same area.

Either way, you should be in touch as you would make a killing on the market with all these warehouse sales etc. B) Think I should look into moving to the States as here in the U.K. it is a hard slog to find items! Mind you, they do pop up now and again!

Re Harrods, the last time I spoke to their rep, I was told the new ones will be coming in around September. Will check again and make a post but there has already been one bear from Canada showing on Ebay without perfume, box etc. So it presumably was sneaked out of the factory. The other item that I noticed on ebay was the riding boots etc. They were released by E.Lauder but I need to check out the year unless it is in the database. Seller was saying they were possibly a prototype! More like another item sneaked out and altered then hoping to cash in as a prototype! Just be careful out there.... Haven't heard from Woody for a long while and he is really good at spotting a fake. Woody, where are you?????? x

#19 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:10 PM

Hi Petals! So glad to see you! Thank you for keeping us posted on the Harrod's releases! Be sure to grab me a brochure when they come out!
Cheers - jenn

#20 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:41 AM

Hello Everyone,

Serendipity, you must know Sizzles. She also has a sister and I think you are all in the same area.

Either way, you should be in touch as you would make a killing on the market with all these warehouse sales etc. B) Think I should look into moving to the States as here in the U.K. it is a hard slog to find items! Mind you, they do pop up now and again!

Re Harrods, the last time I spoke to their rep, I was told the new ones will be coming in around September. Will check again and make a post but there has already been one bear from Canada showing on Ebay without perfume, box etc. So it presumably was sneaked out of the factory. The other item that I noticed on ebay was the riding boots etc. They were released by E.Lauder but I need to check out the year unless it is in the database. Seller was saying they were possibly a prototype! More like another item sneaked out and altered then hoping to cash in as a prototype! Just be careful out there.... Haven't heard from Woody for a long while and he is really good at spotting a fake. Woody, where are you?????? x

Thanks Petals for the update on the Harrods solids release for 2011 and also the warning about so-called "prototypes" for sale on ebay. Wow, buying solids is becoming a bit of a minefield these days, guess I will stick to buying only through trusted sellers that I have dealt with before. Thank goodness boxed compacts are still being sold frequently enough for me to continue collecting :rolleyes:

Woody if you are reading this, I do hope you are well, really miss your posts.......

Love to everyone
MitziMay
xxx

#21 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:23 AM

Hi Jenn and MitziMay.....Yes Jenn, I won't forget you.

Re the solids, I agree with MitziMay. Better to save up and have a fully boxed, fully filled with the REAL perfume than buy the warehouse and those that sneak out of the factories and are meddled with! I did have a Birdcage a long while back. It was very pretty with the pink stones and the little bird sitting on the swing.....BUT.....there was no perfume and it was one that had come via the factory. It was sort of sterile and you could just tell on opening the solid that it was not one that had ever been used or had perfume in it. I was not happy with it at all and for all of you who might say that I should put some perfume in it, that would not have made any difference. The re-fills being sold on ebay I have actually received complaints about from buyers in the U.K. Not the same scent i.e. different.

So enjoy collecting. Try and buy the real deal. A copy bag is never the same or a copy dress etc. As the saying goes, you can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all the people all of the time. So to all the Collectors, just check things out and as MitziMay says, only buy from trusted sellers!!!!!!!

#22 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:35 AM

Hi everyone! I am still around, check in when I can. Life has taken me on some pretty interesting roads these past few years, but I am still alive and kicking:-)

I did see the English Rider, it was not a prototype, but an empty. I am surprised we don't see more of these, probably the limited numbers preclude it from happening. I also saw the 2011 bear, that was really interesting, but when I thought about it, I can see how it happened. I do know that EL discontinued their ops in at least 1 large production facility on the east coast. The whole division was shut down last year and samples/prototypes did get out. A few lucky collectors got those and there were some very special solids. As items are submitted well in advance of production, it doesn't surprise me that a 2011 piece was included. The bear I saw was absolutely legit. The few EL "wanna be's" I have seen are usually bigger and more crude and not marked. Obviously, just my opinion, but I am sure this is the case. I will be really interested to get the update on Harrods 2011 release. I had heard - rumor mill - that there was not going to be a Harrods Bear this year. I hope that is not the case.

Woody

#23 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:34 AM

Hi Woody,

Thanks for your input and pleased to hear you are still with us... Jacky here..aka Petals.

Harrods have brought out the resin bear which is normally the same design as their yearly one. Will check up and let you all know if they are releasing another this year (which I am sure they will be doing).

Am very very sceptical when there is stuff on ebay which doesn't look quite right. Re the Rider, there were so few of those released, as you know, that I would have thought they would go at a high price later on (which is now). I really would not go for any of the empties and have got rid of alot of mine. I know for a fact without going into details, that some of the items are being made up by various people adding their own crystals etc., and some they advertise as being prototypes. I know you have some fantastic prototypes and mine that I have I do know are genuine due to the format etc. Either way, am happy to hear all is well with you etc.

Will make a post re the Harrods....will phone now...

YES, THEY WILL BE HAVING THE 2011 BEAR BUT NOT UNTIL THE END OF NEXT MONTH.

Cheers!

#24 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:15 PM

Hi Woody, hi Jacky - so nice to see you both chatting! :) It's been a while for everybody, hasn't it?

Sorry I haven't got much input for posts these days . . . but that's life here in Australia, away from all the hype and buzz of the Northern hemisphere. :unsure:

I can however, give you the ins and outs of the Carbon Tax debate, that's about the only thing hitting the news here, as well as our illegal immigrant debacle.

Plus I am missing my little mate Zooey on this site . . . now where is she? :(

#25 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:23 AM

:) Hi Sandra,
I think you have been doing really well with your posts, which I always read even if not at the exact time they are posted.

Your little friend is doing well. If you have time, send her a personal note as am sure she would be so happy to hear from you.

Meanwhile not much news here! The little resins which probably you have not been collecting, are out i.e. the one for 2011 which is more or less the same as the one being released for Harrods at E.Lauder. Whilst writing the post to Woody I finally picked up the phone and called Harrods. I did ask if they were releasing any other solids apart from the bear, but they did not know. Will keep you updated!

tons of everything that is good! We are busy with the Murdoch hacking saga here!

xx

#26 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

Hi Jacky,
Thanks for keeping us up on the Harrodss solids.
Ar

#27 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

Thanks Ar, as soon as I see or hear, will of course let you all know.

:) If you are ordering from Harrods it might be less costly for a couple of yo to get together. The insurance for the package could be divided making the actual postage less costly. I might check that out with customer service if I should go along to the store. Just a thought B)

#28 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:15 AM

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for replying Woody, glad to hear that you are O.K.

Hey Petals, you can come stay with me but unfortunately I am not in the New York area!

Serendipity, I would love to hear from you, let me know what you think, as Petals mentioned that you live so very close to nyslzzle perhaps it would be a good idea to meet up, a kind of Chapter could be formed in NY and various areas of the U.S also of course the same would apply to the U.K. where members can enjoy discussing the latest ups and downs of collecting Estee Lauder compacts!

Everyone, have a great weekend
Love
MitziMay
xxx

#29 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:36 AM

:) Hi Sandra,
I think you have been doing really well with your posts, which I always read even if not at the exact time they are posted.

Your little friend is doing well. If you have time, send her a personal note as am sure she would be so happy to hear from you.

Meanwhile not much news here! The little resins which probably you have not been collecting, are out i.e. the one for 2011 which is more or less the same as the one being released for Harrods at E.Lauder. Whilst writing the post to Woody I finally picked up the phone and called Harrods. I did ask if they were releasing any other solids apart from the bear, but they did not know. Will keep you updated!

tons of everything that is good! We are busy with the Murdoch hacking saga here!

xx

Hi Jacky! Glad you are doing well! Thank you so much for the status updates on the Harrod's Bear!

Please tell Zooey I've been trying to reach her also. The personal email, I've sent I'm not sure if went thru.

Woody - always great to read your posts! You always have so much info! Thank you!!

Cheers to all and hope everyone is doing well!!

#30 Serendipity

Serendipity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

Let's see... 4 sales a year, guesstimate that 400 people buy 6 solids at each = 9,600 warehouse solids :ph34r:

Ar

Sorry for taking so long - family stuff has kept me mostly off the web.

I have tickets for the 26th of November in Melville, NY which is on Long Island. I'll start another post so that anyone who is in the area can go!

I get tix four times a year, lately they have had a sale every Saturday.

New compacts abound ... some with bottom tags intact (woo hoo!!!!). I now have the nesting dolls, romantic bouquet, antique train, jeweled butterfly and more ... my list is getting longer and longer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users