• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:09 AM

I recently lost Mom who had come to live with us. I had started collecting when dad was in hospice in 1999 and started again in 2010 as mom was failing. I didn't realize it at the time but found it almost a sign. I recently was thrilled to get the Dragon and Chinese take out. I would love to replace my Weekend Artist and can find almost no Internet reference to it but here. Are there some that just disappeared into space? When I found the Parasol I was through the roof as that one was also very hard to find. I also found the ladies bicycle which I couldn't find a reference for in the USA I got it from a collector in Australia and I love it parked with my garden solids.

Hello to you all! :)

#2 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

Hi Lori !

It's nice to hear your story of collecting. Glad you posted. ;)

Firstly I am sorry for both your losses . . . hard to lose ones parents at any time. :(

Secondly, I believe EL called the bicycle a "Spirited Bike Ride", so maybe you will find a reference to that in the US.

I am happy for your finds, especially the Dragon, and I'm sure I or others on here could help you find more older solids that you are after.

Take Care B)

#3 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:23 AM

I'm sorry for your loss too. I hope that the renewal of your collecting helps to offer you much joy! The dragon is such a fun compact. Now you can start up an Estee Chinese grouping... the Great Wall, Takeout, Dragons, Rickshaw ... I bet that would be such a fun display! Hmmmm.... Maybe I need to start working on that myself! LOL! Glad to hear from you!

#4 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:43 AM

Hi Lori,

Just catching up a little as have not been checking in. Is it the Lori who was with us old collectors? I changed my name on the site to Petals.......

So sorry to hear of your loss.

x

#5 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

The Imperial Princess sold for $660 today on Ebay. She went for more than I wanted to bid right now. I hope someone on the board got her!
Ar

#6 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:37 PM

The Imperial Princess sold for $660 today on Ebay. She went for more than I wanted to bid right now. I hope someone on the board got her!
Ar

Someone should be pleased with that price tag. They've got themselves a bargain.

#7 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

I recently lost Mom who had come to live with us. I had started collecting when dad was in hospice in 1999 and started again in 2010 as mom was failing. I didn't realize it at the time but found it almost a sign. I recently was thrilled to get the Dragon and Chinese take out. I would love to replace my Weekend Artist and can find almost no Internet reference to it but here. Are there some that just disappeared into space? When I found the Parasol I was through the roof as that one was also very hard to find. I also found the ladies bicycle which I couldn't find a reference for in the USA I got it from a collector in Australia and I love it parked with my garden solids.

Hello to you all! :)

Hello, Lori,
My heartfelt condolences on the loss of your mom. It is so, so difficult, isn't it? Not something you ever "get over" but rather, in time, "get through". I lost both my parents in 2009 and started collecting EL solids as a distraction and creative outlet. My mom always used EL products but I don't remember her ever having any solids. She did have a little sample bottle of Pleasures EDP with her makeup at the time of her death and I sprayed some on and it has become my favorite fragrance. So, now I feel another bond with my mom through EL! If there is anything I can do to help you find a solid you're looking for please let me know. There are 2 outlet malls in my area and both have the EL Company Store in them, too.
Warm Regards,
Wendy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users