• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:43 AM

Brigitte, let me know if this is the white sleeve Butterfly box which you would like a picture of.

WHITE LINEN BUTTERFLY COMPACT

I should go and read the posts but have to meet some friends had an accident with a mug of tea!

:(

#32 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:25 AM

Quote:

What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet

Juliet....(Romeo and Juliet) Shakespeare...

:)

So true, petals. Then again, if Estee Lauder were still with us, she would definitely explain to us "what's in a name!" HER name was HER trademark. To the best of my knowledge, it still is. Just a general thought...nothing to do with anything in particular. :rolleyes:

#33 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:46 PM

Absolutely! She would no doubt be enraged to see people using her name purporting to be selling items and perfume which were not one hundred percent genuine. I expect she would have done something about it as she could have afforded to take these people to the cleaners!

Re my post, that referred to your response to Brigitte!
x :)

#34 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:19 PM

Michele,

on my

PROTOTYPES SITE

the Elephants are picutred.

You may enter a keyword in the field "NAME" to find the ones you are looking for and then click the "SELECT" button
or
just look through all the pages by clicking the "forward button" at the bottom of the page.

I only own the last one "BLUE WITH RED TASSEL" which is taken laying down.
The first ones belong to a collector friend of mine.
She has had many Prototypes since many years and I'm sure they are real Prototypes.
In 2003 she allowed me to have all of them photographed for my site and they've been shown on my site ever since.

That's all I know,

Brigitte

Hello, Brigitte and everyone,
I am still trying to sort out the Butterflies in my pea brain (LOL) and now I'm really confused about the Golden Elephant! :wacko: Thank you Brigitte for the fantastic prototype site. I have been on your site many times before but somehow have never looked at that link. Just amazing! My confusion involves the following (Brigitte and anyone please feel free to help me out!):
1. Final issue date on Brigitte's site for the Golden Elephant is 1991. SolidPerfume database lists issue dates of 1992 and 1994.
2. Golden Elephant on Brigitte's site (final version) looks like it has a blue eye and green tassel. SolidPerfume database shows the 1992 version with a red eye and blue tassel. The 1994 version shows a blue eye and blue tassel.
3. I have seen the Golden Elephant for sale online (can't remember date or colors right now) with the seller stating it contained Tuscany per Donna as the fragrance.
Any assistance is much appreciated!
Wendy

#35 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:39 PM

Oh Wendy, Now I have to go into the cupboard again! I had all the boxes out today (well alot of them) but will check out my boxed elephant tomorrow! Don't sigh! It is evening here and I have done enough for one day :huh:

#36 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:27 AM

After a nice evening out with some friends for dinner (the first in close to a year) and after reading the above posts, I now find it necessary to drag out the Bailey's for some major "downtime."

Talk about a sticky wicket! :blink:

Edit: Jacky...let the darn Elephant out of the box. It's time.

Edited by zooey, 31 March 2011 - 12:28 AM.

#37 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:19 PM

Hello, Brigitte and everyone,
I am still trying to sort out the Butterflies in my pea brain (LOL) and now I'm really confused about the Golden Elephant! :wacko: Thank you Brigitte for the fantastic prototype site. I have been on your site many times before but somehow have never looked at that link. Just amazing! My confusion involves the following (Brigitte and anyone please feel free to help me out!):
1. Final issue date on Brigitte's site for the Golden Elephant is 1991. SolidPerfume database lists issue dates of 1992 and 1994.
2. Golden Elephant on Brigitte's site (final version) looks like it has a blue eye and green tassel. SolidPerfume database shows the 1992 version with a red eye and blue tassel. The 1994 version shows a blue eye and blue tassel.
3. I have seen the Golden Elephant for sale online (can't remember date or colors right now) with the seller stating it contained Tuscany per Donna as the fragrance.
Any assistance is much appreciated!
Wendy

Hello everyone,

first of all, sorry for the confusion with the names....it was Jacky who asked about the Prototypes....I told you before that I'm getting older and I'm afraid not wiser :lol:

ELEPHANT

1991, Beautiful, green eyes and green tassel
1992, Beautiful, red eyes and blue tassel, Circus Box
1992, Private Collection, green eyes and green tassel
1993, Beautiful, red eyes and blue tassel, Box is different from the one in 1992
1994, Beautiful, blue eyes and blue tassel
1994, Tuscany, blue eyes and blue tassel
1994, White Linen, blue eyes and blue tassel

Tried to do my very best to not mix up anything :o

Edited by Brigitte, 31 March 2011 - 12:20 PM.

#38 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:23 PM

Brigitte, let me know if this is the white sleeve Butterfly box which you would like a picture of.

WHITE LINEN BUTTERFLY COMPACT

I should go and read the posts but have to meet some friends had an accident with a mug of tea!

:(

Jacky, I need the box/sleeve of the Butterfly with Beautiful fragrance.

Thanks, Brigitte

#39 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:08 PM

Oh Wendy, Now I have to go into the cupboard again! I had all the boxes out today (well alot of them) but will check out my boxed elephant tomorrow! Don't sigh! It is evening here and I have done enough for one day :huh:

Thank you, Jacky! Get some rest - there's no hurry and it looks like Brigette has made a wonderful list that answers my questions! I think you and Brigette should collaborate on a book! Does anyone agree? :P
Wendy

#40 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:19 PM

Hello everyone,

first of all, sorry for the confusion with the names....it was Jacky who asked about the Prototypes....I told you before that I'm getting older and I'm afraid not wiser :lol:

ELEPHANT

1991, Beautiful, green eyes and green tassel
1992, Beautiful, red eyes and blue tassel, Circus Box
1992, Private Collection, green eyes and green tassel
1993, Beautiful, red eyes and blue tassel, Box is different from the one in 1992
1994, Beautiful, blue eyes and blue tassel
1994, Tuscany, blue eyes and blue tassel
1994, White Linen, blue eyes and blue tassel

Tried to do my very best to not mix up anything :o

Thank you SO much, Brigette! I had no idea there were so many Elephants and I'm really glad to see that one had Tuscany because I was thinking of buying that one online. I really agree with Michele about the need for a new book on EL solids - how about a collaboration between you and Jacky? :P
Wendy

#41 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

After a nice evening out with some friends for dinner (the first in close to a year) and after reading the above posts, I now find it necessary to drag out the Bailey's for some major "downtime."

Talk about a sticky wicket! :blink:

Edit: Jacky...let the darn Elephant out of the box. It's time.

Glad you had a lovely evening with friends even ! :D

Yeah, Jacky, come on now, out of the closet with that Elephant ! :lol:

#42 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:19 AM

Firstly, I would just like to say that I am by no way an expert on this site. Michele (Zooey) should be given credit for her knowledge and painstaking ''investigative'' work associated with all solids etc. I could never ever match the work and knowledge she has put in.

This also applies to Brigitte. I learn from them and other knowledgeable collectors and try to help in the little I have gleaned. So this subject is now closed....

ELEPHANT.

I have checked mine and will double check against the above information from Brigitte and others.

I have the elephant with the red enamel coat, red eyes blue tassle containing BEAUTIFUL. The box is the little gold box with red label on the back

BAR CODE 2713103733

now to double check against the information above.....

Edited by Petals, 01 April 2011 - 05:23 AM.

#43 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:08 AM

Oh No! :huh: More Bar Codes??? :ph34r: My eyeballs are about to spontaneously combust! :blink:

Petals, I still want that Kitten, darn it! Just pop her in your carry-on and zip it closed...not an issue! Kittens are quite tiny and sleep a lot. She'll be out for at least 6 or 7 hours...plenty of time to get her here. B)

Must pop over to the liquor store...Old Mother Hubbard's pantry is getting a tiny bit sparse. Can't have that, can we now! :unsure:

#44 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:11 AM

Glad you had a lovely evening with friends even ! :D

Yeah, Jacky, come on now, out of the closet with that Elephant ! :lol:

At this point I could have a lovely evening with Jack the Ripper. :ph34r:

I believe Jacky's under the bed searching for boxes with a flashlight. What a visual! :lol: :lol:

#45 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:17 AM

Firstly, I would just like to say that I am by no way an expert on this site. Michele (Zooey) should be given credit for her knowledge and painstaking ''investigative'' work associated with all solids etc. I could never ever match the work and knowledge she has put in.

This also applies to Brigitte. I learn from them and other knowledgeable collectors and try to help in the little I have gleaned. So this subject is now closed....

ELEPHANT.

I have checked mine and will double check against the above information from Brigitte and others.

I have the elephant with the red enamel coat, red eyes blue tassle containing BEAUTIFUL. The box is the little gold box with red label on the back

BAR CODE 2713103733

now to double check against the information above.....

Okay, how about Michele, Brigette and you collaborating on the book? We need it so much! P l e a s e ??? :wub: I bought the Elephant with the red eye and blue tassel with Beautiful fragrance. No box though...
Thank you, all!
Wendy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users