• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 03:49 PM

Well, it doesn't look like I can get the old thread back, is it possible for you to repost some of those fantastic displays? They sure were a big hit with everyone here and I know everyone would love to be able to see them again.

-Lisa

#2 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 07:01 PM

Hi Lisa,

Here are the reposted photos + a new one (The link to the article will be in a separate message).

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Ann & Ken

#3 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 07:04 PM

Lisa,

Here is the link to the Perfume Solids article:

Article

P.S. DON'T FORGET TO SAVE [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Ann & Ken

#4 Patricia

Patricia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 08:31 PM

WOW!!!!!!!! What else can I say.....it's overwhelming, breath taking, unbelieveable, wonderful, OMGosh.....

thanks for posting...

Patricia

#5 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 08:55 PM

Ann & Ken,
Thanks for the displays again they are just fantastic! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
I love the cellar scene - is that a little wine press I can see? Where do you get all the smalls, the little bottles and the racks and even the little posters for the walls? They are adorable! [Cool] [Big Grin]

#6 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 09:14 PM

Thanks Ann & Ken!
This is one of our most poupular topics [Big Grin]
Sorry again for the trouble.

#7 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 09:22 PM

Ann and Ken....

Thank you so much for the repost. The displays are even MORE spectacular the second time!! Wow...just keep on creating these beauties. You have a captive audience here!!

Mimi

#8 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 10:48 PM

Hey there:
Ann and ken, your pictures are wonderful! You two sure do go all out! I just have all mine in a big curio!

Lisa, great job on all you and Jack are doing here. It's a great place to come to keep up on solid news, etc.. not to mention all the great people to chat with and get to know. Thank you again

Pamela Meeson [Smile]

#9 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 01:28 AM

These are great displays! I feel motivated to make my own scenes. [Big Grin]

This is a dream, but I would like to display my collection in a dollhouse alongside miniature furniture. Unfortunately, I don't have enough room. And, finding a good affordable dollhouse will be another challenge!

Lisa, what was the site you bought your display cabinets from? I must buy one soon. My current method is terrible. I stuff 30 solids in my small ugly curio cabinet; the other 40 go in the fitted boxes inside 4 medium sized boxes. Every time I buy a solid I put it in the cabinet....which means, I must take one out and put it the box. [Frown]

#10 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 10:44 AM

Hi,

The wine press and barrels are a old souviner from France. The wine racks are refrigerator magnets from the dollar store. The posters are shrunk down from real wine posters.
Walk thru a flea market or garage sale now with fresh eyes. [Big Grin]

Doing a doll house is a good idea. We have one still in the box waiting to be put together.
(It's been there 2 years). [Big Grin]

You could do a one room box . Check out the miniatures on ebay or your local Hobby Lobby.
We buy the furniture when it is on sale.

Ann & Ken

#11 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 09:41 PM

Hi Ann & Ken,

all your displays are absolutely great, thanks for sharing them with us!! My favorite is the one with the bottles.

Unfortunately I'm such a bad photographer, but nevertheless I've decided to upload my pics too (don't blame me for the bad quality, I know it myself, shame on me, hahaha). Each of the 2 vitrines is about 5 foot high & about 3 foot large.

http://www.swisslady...COLLECTION4.htm

Have a great day

Brigitte

[ January 27, 2003, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Brigitte ]

#12 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 10:03 PM

Oh My Brigitte those are wonderful photos!!!!!

Your circus is amazing. And the furniture, how wonderful. You must be able to get some great stuff over there. [Smile] [Smile]

Are you coming over to the convention this year??? [Smile] We missed you last year. [Frown]

Ann & Ken

#13 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 10:10 PM

Brigitte,

Great photos, you have a wonderful collection! Wow [Smile]

#14 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 10:44 PM

What an amazing collection you have Brigitte! [Eek!]
You should get together with Ann and Ken and get a book together showcasing your wonderful displays. You could detail the steps of how you put together a scene with some inside tips.

I love the EL Compact Collection book but I reckon reading about someone's personal collection with lots of pics (of solids and their boxes) and an insight into their experience of collecting would be something else - let me know when it's on the press! [Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin]

#15 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 10:55 PM

Brigitte, your photographs are beautiful of your display. You gave me a good idea how to display the pendants. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users