• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:07 AM

I find that really weird Sandra. Perhaps it is when you actually do the printing through the paypal section i.e. for the postage and label. I always enter my postage separately and write the address myself. It is too much hassle to connect the printer (I have a laptop and the printer does not work well and is in another room).

Check this out and see if you can then put in your own local postage and also the International postage.

I have also received messages advising that free postage should be included to get ones ratings up. A friend checked for me and said that was rubbish on the part of Ebay as there was nothing wrong with my ratings. Meanwhile I noticed a load of listings offering free postage. I then realised it was a ploy on the part of Ebay trying to increase their sales!!!!! And so it goes on and on and on! I try only to list on free listing days now. So I expect many collector/sellers are doing the same thing. Too greedy Ebay..... and they shoot themselves in the foot!

Edited by Petals, 20 January 2011 - 03:08 AM.

#17 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

:blink: No Jacky, the postage has nothing to do with Paypal.
It happens when you list it. Before Ebay lists something, I have to tell it what size package I am using.

Then when people click on the item, it calculates where they are and then tells them the postage, but of course I can't see it at my end.

When the item is won the buyer pays instantly before I send an invoice because the postage has already been calculated. This was a pain when a buyer asked me to double box the item for safety, as I was unable to increase the postage cost because you can't go in and change anything after the item ends (unless it is a multiple item purchase).

I don't know a way around this. You can lose buyers if the postage is too high, but you wouldn't know this is the case ! :angry:

#18 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:08 PM

Petals, do you mean ebay is registered in Lichtenstein or Paypal or both?? I am aghast at this news. Here in America ebay is touted as one of America's great success stories. Bah! We need a collector who is or knows an attorney who specializes in Corporate Law. Anyone out there? For PayPal to be taking interest from the seller's postage or ebay telling sellers how much postage to charge sounds SO illegal. What a nightmare. :angry:
Wendy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users