17 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:50 PM

Hello everyone,

I have to please ask everyone to refrain from taking any and all photos from this site to use on eBay to sell auctions...

It is getting out of hand to try to control as I have been requesting eBay to remove sellers taking photos from this site without my permission... I am seeing several auctions a week using the copyrighted material from here.

Thank you for understanding.

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

For anyone who didn't see this post... I am bumping it again as I am still seeing eBay auctions with the photos from this site.

Thanks

#3 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:22 PM

For anyone who didn't see this post... I am bumping it again as I am still seeing eBay auctions with the photos from this site.

Thanks

Just a suggestion...maybe Jack can help out here. There IS HTML you can write that prevents anyone from taking the photo's. I used to have it but it got lost when I purchased a new pc.

Is there anyone out there who knows the correct HTML that blocks photo-snagging? I know it exists, and it would prevent anyone from doing it again.

Good Luck...and keep bumping this up.

#4 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:14 PM

If I see anyone using a picture of mine on ebay, not that they are great shakes, I write to ebay. They have always responded and the auction is ended. I also write to the person using my photographs and normally receive a response apologising and
explaining that they were unaware that this is against Ebay rules.

As this has always worked for me, perhaps it will work for you also as I imagine the American Site works the same way as ours in the U.K.

#5 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:25 AM

You know...you're absolutely right. Whenever it's happened to me, I've contacted eBay through their Live Help and the "offender's" auction is immediately stopped. One girl actually copied my entire auction...photo's, text, everything. Complete copy and paste auction. However, I saw that she was a newbie so I contacted her first (when we still could) and asked her if she had read the rules. She had not. She apologized, ended her auction, then started her own...with her own photo's. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and did not report her to eBay. She really sounded sincere and apologetic in her reply to me. Why start problems if they can be worked out?

And yes, all Lisa has to do is contact eBay, but with the amount of photo's here that would almost be a full time job and could get more than a little aggravating. Checking photo's on eBay every day, hour after hour, would drive me to drink. Oh...wait...I drink anyway. Another good reason to imbibe! :lol: Where's Sandra when we need her?

I must say, in all fairness to the members on this site, to the best of my knowledge no one here has ever "snagged" any of my photo's. It's always been someone I've never seen on the site...strictly a re-seller who has no desire or reason to visit here. Never a member.

That's it from me for a while. You all have a good week...

#6 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

Hi to everyone,

I checked my page which I created myself, but the command for not beeing able to copy the pics was made by a professional.
Here comes what I found. It was posted quite at the beginning of the HTML site and it works on my site.
If you try to copy the pics from my site there will be a little window which says
"If you want to buy my pictures please e-mail me".
Of course you also may change the text and write what you wish and don't forget to change the e-mail address which is in the code into your own e-mail address.

Here the code:

<script language="javascript">
<!--
function ImagePopup(link, width, height)
{

BildPopup =

window.open(link, "Bildfenster", "width=" + width +",height=" + height + ",resizable=1,scrollbars");

BildPopup.focus();
}
function right(e) {
if (navigator.appName == 'Netscape' &&
(e.which == 3 || e.which == 2))
return false;
else if (navigator.appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer' &&
(event.button == 2 || event.button == 3)) {
alert("If you want to buy my pictures, please email me (swisslady@swisslady.com).");
return false;
}
return true;
}
document.onmousedown=right;
document.onmouseup=right;
if (document.layers) window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
if (document.layers) window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEUP);
window.onmousedown=right;
window.onmouseup=right;
//-->
</script>

I hope this will work for this site too, it's worth a try.

Take care, Brigitte

Edited by Brigitte, 09 March 2011 - 06:56 PM.

#7 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:16 PM

That's it! Thanks so much, Brigitte. I thought of you and your lovely site and wondered why you've never said anything about anyone snagging your pictures. Leave it to our Brigitte to have the answer. Hopefully, this will help Lisa keep the site's photos safe and where they belong.

Will drink a toast to you in a moment! :rolleyes:

#8 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

OK - here I am, joining you in that toast, Michele ! :lol:

Ah . . . running low on the Baileys now . . . lucky I have a family member flying o/s soon and I'll get some more Duty Free . . B)

#9 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:29 AM

OK - here I am, joining you in that toast, Michele ! :lol:

Ah . . . running low on the Baileys now . . . lucky I have a family member flying o/s soon and I'll get some more Duty Free . . B)

My glass is raised and ready! Let me know when it's time... :D We'll have a toast to "More New Solids" and the Collectors who care. Hey, that's two (2) drinks. I'll drink to that. (That's 3.) ;)

#10 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

:lol: I think you lose count after that, don't you?

As long as you can eat, drink and be merry . . . !

#11 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

BUMP

Your listings on eBay will be removed...

#12 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

Bump again... Brigitte I'm gonna have Jack look at what you do...

#13 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hi Lisa,
I suppose you didn't mean me, as I never sell on eBay and also I have my own pictures.

Take care,

Brigitte

#14 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

Oh sorry Brigitte... no, no I didn't mean you taking the photos... I meant I have to try doing what you do by adding script to prevent the photos from being used!

Hope all is well with you!

#15 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

There's a lady from this site who used to use many photos from my powder compact site to use them for selling her items on eBay in the beginning of this year. I don't know how she managed to download them, but she did.
I'have e-mailed her to not use them anymore but she said that there was no proof that they are copied from my site but everyone can see that they are. No photographer in the world could probabely take pics exactly, and I mean exactly, the same way (with all the shades etc.) like another one did. There's no doubt that they are mine. She stopped for some month to use them and now I again found items offered for sale on eBay with my pics.
Look on eBay at ended items "stream of gold"

Now another seller also starts to use my pics, maybe it's the same seller who selles under 2 different names, who knows.
Look on eBay at ended items "psychedelic shock"

According to my opinion it's a shame. First of all sellers don't show the real item they sell, just any pic of it and 2nd the pics are stolen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users