• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

Hi Sandra - Yes Victoria is pretty good at the moment thanks. After all the rain & floods everything is beautifully green & with the trees in blossum the countryside is looking great. :)

Jenn - David Jones is an upmarket Australian Department store - a bit like Nieman Marcus. It is in all states and used to do exclusive Estee Lauder solids i.e. the hat box and the shopping bag - have a look in the data base. We only get a few of the solids in Australia and only once a year and they are very expensive. I get most of mine from America from a friend who travels back and forth.

Also for some reason it is incredibly hard to get the brochures, here in Victoria anyway. I get one posted to me each year. They are posted from Sydney & when I have been in the Melbourne store to ask for a brochure I am always told they are out of them!! For some years I have been trying to get a brochure for another member on this site but with no success. Perhaps Sandra who lives in Sydney may have more luck for you.

Karen

#32 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:12 AM

Thank you Karen! I appreciate the info!

Sandra, if you see this and can help, please let me know!

Happy hunting to all of us!
Jenn

#33 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:53 PM

Hi guys - I will call and try to get one sent out to me, maybe I can get two, but I might have better luck if I can actually get into the shop to get them (not an easy task, even though I live in Sydney . . . it's bigger than you think).

I have some friends who work near DJ's, so perhaps I can cajole them into getting some for me.

Will let you know if I have any luck. :)

#34 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:20 PM

Thank you Sandra for going out on the mission for us!! I really appreciate it! You are so sweet!! :D
Jenn

#35 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:08 PM

Ok all, I sent my bestie on this mission. She works practically next door to DJ's, so was there in an instant for me.

However, despite her best efforts and persistence (she is a lawyer - hi mate, if you are reading this!), she was not able to procure anything from EL staff who must guard these things like the Crown Jewels.

Here is her reply to me in an email:

I visited the Estee Lauder counter in DJs and despite my best cross-examination technique (ie persisting with questions and requests even when the person being asked is sick of answering), they insisted that no promotional cards are available to be handed out. The ones that did come in were immediately mailed out to their list of solid-perfume customers who, incidentally, have already placed their orders. When the perfumes come in, they will be sent out to these people who have pre-ordered. They sound like a very select and exclusive list of customers and when you see the price of these things, I can see why.

I asked about whether they had a catalogue of these things but they only have the full EL catalogue (ie covering all ranges - perfume, skincare etc) issued to their staff so I asked to look at that and tried to take a picture with my vintage camera phone of the 6 solid-perfume choices available this year.

Sorry guys !

In another email to me, she found this site and directed me to it ! So I guess she's found me out with my collector disease.

#36 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:02 AM

If anyone is having problems getting the Harrods 2010 Bear, let me know. I shall be going to Harrods next week and am happy to purchase for you. Shipping would be 11 signed for. I would add the additional costs for the paypal transaction etc., You can contact me through my name on the left hand side.

#37 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

There is a Harrods High Tea on ebay NIB. The seller is one who I feel sure sells items from EL warehouse sales. So, guess nothing is scared anymore - including the Harrods.

#38 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:16 AM

Thanks for the information. Love your picture of Big Bob!!!!!

#39 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:55 AM

Glad you like the picture, Petals. But it's not Big Bob. This is his sister, Sweet Cathy.

#40 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:23 AM

Oh! I thought there was only one. Never knew he had a sister... :)

Re my post concerning the Harrods solids, it was primarily meant for anyone who cannot make contact with Harrods or, as is the case with other countries, where they told the buyer they cannot ship....

Hope this clarifies .... :)

#41 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:41 PM

I know of three Imperial Pandas (including mine) and am sure there are others. Have no idea where or who has them. Frist time I saw it on ebay I thought it was a fake as it was not in Gerson's collector book and I was new at this game.

#42 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:08 AM

Ok all, I sent my bestie on this mission. She works practically next door to DJ's, so was there in an instant for me.

However, despite her best efforts and persistence (she is a lawyer - hi mate, if you are reading this!), she was not able to procure anything from EL staff who must guard these things like the Crown Jewels.

Here is her reply to me in an email:

I visited the Estee Lauder counter in DJs and despite my best cross-examination technique (ie persisting with questions and requests even when the person being asked is sick of answering), they insisted that no promotional cards are available to be handed out. The ones that did come in were immediately mailed out to their list of solid-perfume customers who, incidentally, have already placed their orders. When the perfumes come in, they will be sent out to these people who have pre-ordered. They sound like a very select and exclusive list of customers and when you see the price of these things, I can see why.

I asked about whether they had a catalogue of these things but they only have the full EL catalogue (ie covering all ranges - perfume, skincare etc) issued to their staff so I asked to look at that and tried to take a picture with my vintage camera phone of the 6 solid-perfume choices available this year.

Sorry guys !

In another email to me, she found this site and directed me to it ! So I guess she's found me out with my collector disease.

Sandra - Thank you so much for trying and please tell your friend that I laughed very hard at picturing her at the counter questioning , attorney style, the perfume staff!! LOL! It sounded like a very funny scene in a court based attorney comedy series!! But on an aside, my deep thanks to both of you for trying. I know that the brochures are something that are guarded like gold! I have faced the same problem here in Jax!

I fortunately have been able to procure some older UK brochures from wonderful other members in here... Petals gets a special smiley here!! And a huge hug!! :)

If anyone can pry or wants to get rid of flyers/brochures on any solids, please let me know. I am working on a solid perfume album as I collect my solids and I love including the brochures in my album! I also put some of the perfume cards. It is becoming a side scrapbooking project for me. I also am doing it so that it documents my collection for me, my family, for fun and just in case anything ever happens to me, I don't want my beautiful solids to end up tossed away!! LOL! (Why do I think that someone is going to ask to be in my will? LOL!! I'm just teasing folks!)

Happy collecting and I hope everyone is doing well!

I love hearing about the Pandas. I too thought that there was only one. What are the differences between them??? How would you recognize which Panda it is? I wonder if our site has them all on here. I'm off to look! :)

Jenn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users