41 replies to this topic

#16 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:33 AM

Hi all :)

Received my bear today, it's a really nice one with a very glossy jumper. Reminds me of the red candy fairground dummys, it makes me want to lick it!! :lol:

Anyway, the insert card does not state how many numbers have been made. Just the usual limited to Harrods card.

If you are lucky I might sell for a couple of grand!!!!!

Sharon

#17 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:30 PM

I rec'd my bear as well and he's super cute! I also spoke with my rep at Harrods today and she said that only 150 pieces of this solid would be available....I certainly hope that is the case!

Woody

#18 judys

judys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:08 AM

Hi! I am new to the board. I collect Harrods memorabilia and have all of the Harrods exclusive solids. I received Archie today and he is beautiful. Unfortunately I believe there is a problem and I wanted to check with those of you who have received yours already. Archie arrived without the outer box. Every solid I have has come in the same white outer box. I have all of my solids displayed and do not buy them for resale -- but these are collectibles and should not arrive with anything missing. I would really appreciate it if someone would let me know if their bear came with the outer box. Thanks so much!!!!

#19 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

Hi! I am new to the board. I collect Harrods memorabilia and have all of the Harrods exclusive solids. I received Archie today and he is beautiful. Unfortunately I believe there is a problem and I wanted to check with those of you who have received yours already. Archie arrived without the outer box. Every solid I have has come in the same white outer box. I have all of my solids displayed and do not buy them for resale -- but these are collectibles and should not arrive with anything missing. I would really appreciate it if someone would let me know if their bear came with the outer box. Thanks so much!!!!

All the new (2010) solids I have recieved have a white sleeve instead of the white box. Yours is missing.

Neiman Marcus in Texas threw theirs away and had to scramble to find some from other stores to satisfy the collectors that wanted them.

Ann

#20 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:58 AM

Hello Judys! Welcome to the board! I hope you enjoy all of the information and other great collectors here! Be sure to take a look at the old forum posts for loads of information. When I was new to this site, others let me know to do that and I learned so much!
Jenn

#21 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:36 AM

Hi Judy :)

Welcome to the site.

You should have had a white box with Archie, I did, get back on to Harrods and they will sort it out for you.

I also collect the Harrods solids, unfortunatey though I don't have them all :( So if you have any spares to sell let me know!!!

Sharon

#22 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:11 AM

The Harrods Solid for this year did not come in a white "box", but a white sleeve, sort of like the older powders did. It was a surprise to get it this way, but that's the new packaging it seems.

Woody

#23 judys

judys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:43 AM

Thanks SO much for your responses! I was surprised that the bear did not come in a white box because this year's special Estee/Harrods anniversary solid did. I feel much better knowing that mine was not just missing! I will miss the boxes. They were a good worry free way to store the sleeves the solids are actually in.

I came very close to not getting the Estee/Harrods anniversary compact because I didn't particularly like it but finally decided that it didn't make sense to have all of them except one. I actually called Harrods back about 5 minutes after ordering the bear (I live in the U.S.) and ordered that one as well. I was very pleasantly surprised. I think it is MUCH nicer than the picture and I'm happy I decided to get it.

Thanks again for your help!!

#24 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:14 AM

Hi Sandra, Have no idea what Harrods charge for shipping. I just sent a bear to someone in Bangkok as they said Harrods would not post to them. It was sent 'signed for' and it came to approximately 10 or a little more to post. Then take off paypal fees etc. so next time would have to charge more to accommodate the minuses with money transfers etc.

Have been watching another Rodney and NOT surprised that it isn't reaching the 2000 which the other Rodney brought in!!!! The mystery deepens ;)

Re Harrods, I have been told that due to the credit crunch this year etc., which is hitting us in the U.K. they decided not to release the usual amount of Harrods exclusives.

B)

#25 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:38 AM

Just checked out the Rodney Bear auction which ended yesterday. Interesting to see that it sold for much less than the previous Rodney. I thought that would happen. :unsure:

If anyone has problems getting hold of the Harrods release (cannot understand why some of you are as Harrods normally ship) , please contact me through my name on the left hand side where you can send personal messages.

The new cameo is really nice.

#26 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:55 PM

[quote name='Petals' date='23 September 2010 - 09:38 AM' timestamp='1285230704' post='26623']
Just checked out the Rodney Bear auction which ended yesterday. Interesting to see that it sold for much less than the previous Rodney. I thought that would happen. :unsure:

Hi Petals

I agree with you about Rodney. Funny to have just a one off selling for 2000 :ph34r:

Oh well C'est la vie!!!

Sharon

#27 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:04 AM

Wow Hello everyone! It's been a while since I last checked in but still a few familiar names!!

I just received my David Jones brochure and they will be selling the 2010 Harrods Bear. I missed out on the last two years but may start collecting them again, it is one of the cheaper solids and no expensive Harrods freight! :lol:

#28 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:44 AM

Wow Hello everyone! It's been a while since I last checked in but still a few familiar names!!

I just received my David Jones brochure and they will be selling the 2010 Harrods Bear. I missed out on the last two years but may start collecting them again, it is one of the cheaper solids and no expensive Harrods freight! :lol:

Hi Everyone - Long time, no speak....but as I spend most of my time in the country these days (with no computer access) I don't look in as often as I would like.

I thought it strange that the Harrod's Exclusive Christmas Bear was in the David Jones brochure & available to anyone in Australia particularly when Woody was told there were only 150 available. It is selling for $A350 here and the Harrod's Silver Powder Compact is also available for $A500. I think this is the first time David Jones has had any Harrod's exclusives on offer in Australia...Most odd but it makes it easier for us over here.

Karen

#29 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:10 AM

Hi Everyone - Long time, no speak....but as I spend most of my time in the country these days (with no computer access) I don't look in as often as I would like.

I thought it strange that the Harrod's Exclusive Christmas Bear was in the David Jones brochure & available to anyone in Australia particularly when Woody was told there were only 150 available. It is selling for $A350 here and the Harrod's Silver Powder Compact is also available for $A500. I think this is the first time David Jones has had any Harrod's exclusives on offer in Australia...Most odd but it makes it easier for us over here.

Karen

Is "David Jones" a store there down under? Pardon my ignorance, but I have not heard of it before. Does anyone have any of the David Jones brochures they want to mail to me (I can pay some for postage, just let me know)? I am slowly collecting the various solid perfume brochures from all over. So if anyone wants to add to my collection please email me at butterflies1219@hotmail.com
Thanks!
Jenn

#30 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

Hi Fee, hi Karen - so good to "see" you both again.

Had been thinking about what happened to you for a while.

How goes it in Tassy, Fee?

And Karen, is everything OK in your world in Victoria now - especially after the bushfires and then the floods?

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users