• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:12 PM

Hi everyone. I spoke with Harrods today (multiple times!), but the news is this: There is one Harrods exclusive this year and it will be a Bear. I do not have details other than that. I ordered mine and should have it in a week or so. As soon as I get it, will post details.

Woody

#2 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:02 PM

oooh ! Only the bear this year !! Won't he be worth a small fortune in the future ! :)

Looking forward to seeing a picture of him at least !

thanks for the info, Woody.

#3 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:46 AM

Woody - I hope that you will take pictures of your new wonderful purchase! I love the Harrods bears! So cute! Congratulations Woody!!
Jenn

#4 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:26 AM

I'm curious to know if anyone has ever seen or heard of Harrods exclusives being sold at warehouse sales?
Ar

#5 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

Hi all - I just went to the Harrods site on-line and saw the Bear - cute. They have the solids and powders up on the site. I searched under Estee Lauder in Beauty.

I don't know if any of them have been sold in Warehouse sales.

#6 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:20 AM

Since there is only one solid this year, I wonder if the number available will be as limited as in previous years?

#7 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:38 PM

Hi all :)

I've also ordered the harrods bear. I shall let people know the card details if I get mine quicker than Woody.

Funny that there's only 1 exclusive this year, I wonder if they're going to stop selling solids at harrods after this year. Don't suppose you know do you Woody?

I also noticed that the price of the owl and the squirrel is extortionate over here. Roughly an extra 100. Why??!!!???

Sharon

#8 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

Sharon, the high cost is because of the unfavorable (for the U.S.) exchange rate. :(
Maybe the exclusives haven't been selling well so EL is cutting back at Harrods. I noticed they still have some left from earlier in the year.
Ar

#9 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:59 PM

I just saw the London High Tea on ebay, never filled w/perfume, no box, from Canada. So -I guess that had to be from a warehouse sale.

#10 marie5

marie5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:31 AM

I saw where Harrods has all the new solids. When are the stores in the States selling them? Also how do you order from Harrods? It says perfume is nonexportable.

#11 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:54 AM

I just saw the London High Tea on ebay, never filled w/perfume, no box, from Canada. So -I guess that had to be from a warehouse sale.

Possible, or could be someone from the factory. The only high tea on ebay as of today has both boxes and it's still for sale.
Ar

Edited by Ar, 07 September 2010 - 10:56 AM.

#12 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:45 AM

Have just been catching up with some posts re the Harrods Bear etc.

Sharon, the general lines, i.e. those without the Harrods name stamped on them, are normally sold in the States as well as being released here. The general lines normally cost double the price here than if purchased in the States. So anything sold here which is not a release from Harrods i.e. with the Harrods logo imprinted on the actual item, is double the price if purchased in the U.K.. Hope this helps!

Re Warehouse items, we do not have Warehouse Sales in the U.K. that I am aware of. The Harrods solids are made in Canada so it goes without saying that some must get through to be sold from the factory as we all know that there are people doing this.

Re the comments that only one exclusive release from Harrods this year with the logo being the Bear, I should imagine this will not be limited to the 500. If it is limited, then it must state limited as in the early years. You will no doubt recall this used to be the practice i.e. the insertion of the card stating only 500 released. Latter years the card was not included which meant that there was no restriction on the number of Harrods solids which could be released. In the early days when there were more serious collectors writing on this site, we used to talk about the
limited' numbers etc. We even tried doing a 'head count'. Those were the days.......not what has happened to our solids now!

I did write on the site once Mohd Al Fayed sold Harrods whether we would see less solids produced this year with the Harrods Logo. I was always told that Mohd Al Fayed was always interested in these special releaes and was very much involved. This could be something to do with only the yearly bear being made this year OR perhaps due to the financial situation. I have noticed that the solids at Harrods do not rush off the shelves as in earlier years but there again they have been very expenseive and this must also have some bearing on the situation (IMHO).

??

Edited by Petals, 09 September 2010 - 10:16 AM.

#13 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:36 PM

Ooooo thanks for the scoop Woody... I can't wait to see him!

Can you let me know the cost in US$$$$

Thanks!

#14 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:20 AM

160. for the bear. It has not gone up much in price over the years. Used to be 150.

#15 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:17 PM

And I think at the beginning, the cost of the bears was 'only' 130.00

so yes, not much of a price increase over 9 years . . . . though the shipping might be a different story !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users