• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 jeansdreamsforever

jeansdreamsforever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:34 PM

Hi again-Well, if you are seriously interested in going to a sale one of these days, I will offer a couple tickets up to you all. I get them through my employer and have been going to them for about 7 years now. They usually have them every other Saturday, but sometimes through the year, they are every week. I havent quite figured out the rhyme and reason as to when they do this. They do have lots of stuff there besides the compacts. They have all the boxed gift sets of many of the perfumes under the estee lauder umbrella, including Donna Karan, Tommy Hilfiger, Clinique,etc... They also have MAC makeup for very cheap. One of the best buys is a grabbag you can buy for $60 when checking out.Its filled with lots of unboxed estee perfumes and makeup You probably get about 6-7 perfumes alone in the bag. They limit you to 2. Its my understaning that the compacts that make it there are ones that are out of date(I think after two years they have to take it off the shelf in the stores and outlets and that is how it ends up there and that is why the dig the perfume out, I think. But not 100% sure. They do limit you to 6 of each the perfume and 6 of the powder. But many people get around this by bringing the whole family and stocking up. The sale is from 8-3:30. There is a limit I think of $500 you can spend during your visit. The powder compact are all sold for either $5-$10. The solids are $10-$20. Ive only ever seen one there for more. It was the circus tent for $30.All the other stuff like the makeup,fragrance and skincare is like 50% off retail. The sale is currently on Long Island, NY, but I hear it will move to PA in the next year or so. They have a warehouse there as well, but they only have sales 2x's a year. I went once but there were no compacts at all, only fragrance. So maybe at that point, I will cure the compact problem.
I do have tickets for this weekend at the NY one and I will be going. I dont have access to the tickets weekly. But I do get them often. Like every other month. You could send me your email and I could let any of you know the next time I get tickets.I usually get it a month or so in advance.Well, bye for now.

#62 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:56 AM

Thank you "jeandeamsforever" for giving us the updated scoop on the warehouse sales. For years, Estee has said that these didn't happen. I have adapted my collecting because of the sales, still buying, I will just wait until someone lists the empties for a more reasonable price. It's still fun and I am glad we have this site to share news and stories.

Woody

Hi again-Well, if you are seriously interested in going to a sale one of these days, I will offer a couple tickets up to you all. I get them through my employer and have been going to them for about 7 years now. They usually have them every other Saturday, but sometimes through the year, they are every week. I havent quite figured out the rhyme and reason as to when they do this. They do have lots of stuff there besides the compacts. They have all the boxed gift sets of many of the perfumes under the estee lauder umbrella, including Donna Karan, Tommy Hilfiger, Clinique,etc... They also have MAC makeup for very cheap. One of the best buys is a grabbag you can buy for $60 when checking out.Its filled with lots of unboxed estee perfumes and makeup You probably get about 6-7 perfumes alone in the bag. They limit you to 2. Its my understaning that the compacts that make it there are ones that are out of date(I think after two years they have to take it off the shelf in the stores and outlets and that is how it ends up there and that is why the dig the perfume out, I think. But not 100% sure. They do limit you to 6 of each the perfume and 6 of the powder. But many people get around this by bringing the whole family and stocking up. The sale is from 8-3:30. There is a limit I think of $500 you can spend during your visit. The powder compact are all sold for either $5-$10. The solids are $10-$20. Ive only ever seen one there for more. It was the circus tent for $30.All the other stuff like the makeup,fragrance and skincare is like 50% off retail. The sale is currently on Long Island, NY, but I hear it will move to PA in the next year or so. They have a warehouse there as well, but they only have sales 2x's a year. I went once but there were no compacts at all, only fragrance. So maybe at that point, I will cure the compact problem.
I do have tickets for this weekend at the NY one and I will be going. I dont have access to the tickets weekly. But I do get them often. Like every other month. You could send me your email and I could let any of you know the next time I get tickets.I usually get it a month or so in advance.Well, bye for now.

#63 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:15 AM

Boy I love this place!! Coming here is like finally speaking with people who understand my language! Not a lot of people in Jacksonville even know what a solid perfume compact is! LOL! Jeans - thank you for your hospitality and information.

I wonder if we could have a forum to list sellers we have had a problem with ebay or others. It could even have a "this is the opinion of members" flag! Has anyone ever recommended that? Just a thought!

Thanks to all! Cheers - Solid J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users