24 replies to this topic

#16 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

Moved to other thread...

Edited by zooey, 28 May 2010 - 10:45 AM.

#17 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:12 PM

All of my solids remind me of 3rd grade. Back in the 70's, my mom used to get me those Avon solid perfume pins. I had the apple with the worm going thru the center, the gingerbread man, etc and the perfume was Sweet Honesty. Well, I loved my apple/worm pin so much, I wore it to school everyday. One day in autumn, my beloved pin was confiscated by my teacher because it was apparently distracting me. She held my pin for the entire school year. On our last day of school before the summer break in June, I went to retrieve my beloved pin only to find out my teacher had "lost" it. She gave my mom $3 for it but I was never able to replace it as Avon had stopped making them. Now, back to the present! Sometime around 2001 or so, after the internet really took off, I began wondering if I might reacquire that pin from Ebay. After googling "solid perfume", I quickly learned about Estee Lauder's solid collectibles and have been an EL collector ever since! (Not only did I reacquire my Avon apple/worm pin, I went on the collect many of the others made my Avon that I never had!) So I owe that incident in 2nd grade with the Avon solid perfume pin to my entire collection of EL solids today because if it weren't for that, I would have never found out about EL solids!

#18 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:30 PM

I loved reading this story. It was really so interesting. Thank you!

Have just been reading some of the previous posts and one which I think is amazing is the Piano. It is exquisite!

Edited by Petals, 28 May 2010 - 01:34 PM.

#19 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:53 AM

I've enjoyed reading everyone's solid stories!

My favorite solid is actually a Florenza purse from my grandmother. I was trying to find information on it and stumbled into the world of Estee Lauder solid perfumes...I've been hooked ever since.

My favorite Estee solid that I've purchased so far is an older one, the 1973 portrait miniature. I purchased it from a woman who saved it in the box with all of the original paperwork and ad from Saks. I framed the ad in a gold scrolled frame to coordinate with the gold scrolling of the compact and have them displayed together. To me it was just a fun find. My other favorites are my signed compacts one by Evelyn Lauder and the other by Bob Conte. I just enjoy having a tiny bit of Estee history along with my compacts!

I also really love my Pampered Pekingese because of my Pekingese Brittney! It was fun taking pictures of the two together! Brittney kept sniffing the compact then she tried to pick it up - I gently shrieked and let her know it is mommy's toy NOT hers!! LOL!

Here's to many more Estee solid memories!

#20 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE(Petals @ May 28 2010, 06:30 PM)
Have just been reading some of the previous posts and one which I think is amazing is the Piano.    It is exquisite!

View Post

Can't seem to find this one about the piano, Jacky - can you direct me towards it please?

#21 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE(Sandra @ May 30 2010, 02:15 AM)
Can't seem to find this one about the piano, Jacky - can you direct me towards it please?

View Post

ummmmmmmm....Sandra.....put down the Bailey's. The Piano IS one of Petals' favorites. laugh.gif Petals has only added to the thread. duhhh....

#22 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 10:07 AM

I am truly loving all the stories and memories that have brought us all together.

#23 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(zooey @ May 30 2010, 03:05 PM)
ummmmmmmm....Sandra.....put down the Bailey's.  The Piano IS one of Petals' favorites.  laugh.gif  Petals has only added to the thread.  duhhh....

View Post

Oh yeah, I can see how that reads that now . . . laugh.gif

But there are 3 pianos now . . . am I to guess the one she thinks is exquisite?

#24 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:27 PM

Hi Sandra

I would guess at the black baby grand, much classier looking than the rest. smile.gif

Sharon

#25 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

Yes, I thought so too, but one can never pre-empt Petals you know ! tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users