• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:36 PM

This topic is sort of a brain-stormer. What solid(s) did you purchase due to a memory, be it a favorite place, person or time of your life?

Mine is the Teapot. Every time I look at it, and that's every day, it reminds me of my late Aunt. Whenever I visited her, she would never let me leave without having "just one more cup of tea." I realize now she was so terribly lonely...but did not think of it at the time. However, I ALWAYS stayed for that one last cup of tea...and am now grateful for the memories of those evenings.

#2 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:26 PM

For me, it's the Cat's Meow from 1995 - my close friend, who started me on this crazy path, gave me that one as a gift. She has since passed on but the solid remains in my cabinet. I love seeing it.

Thanks, Zooey, you brought back a whole lotta good memories smile.gif

Good topic!

#3 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:25 PM

So many memories! One of mine is the Las Vegas solid perfume. That was bought as a memory of my first and only stay there!

Will have to let my mind wander back in time.......see you later!

Zooey, not forgotten you.....have been so busy and hopefully will be able to sort everything out this week...x

#4 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:11 PM

smile.gif Yeah, good topic Zooey - funnily enough, mine was the Sand Castle. Lovely memories in the sun on the beach building them . . . and the bonus was it one of the cheaper ones !!

#5 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:44 PM

Only 4 of us have Solids that really touch us? Oh dear... ohmy.gif

#6 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:15 AM

Yet another favorite...the Treasure Chest. As a child (long before most of you were born smile.gif ) my parents would take us out to dinner at a Very Special Place in town. On the way out, there was a true Treasure Chest...children were allowed to pick one special toy. My brother and I could not wait to finish our meals and get to the Treasure Chest. Always exciting to look forward to.

Most under-rated solid: The Violin. I think it's drop-dead gorgeous! EL could not have made a more realistic one, nor one with such beauty and class. Reminds me of a small Stradivarius.

#7 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

You are so spot on Michele. The Violin is just exquisite, one of the best. Its perfectly formed and very, very tasteful......JUST LIKE ME... laugh.gif laugh.gif

Margaret.... tongue.gif

#8 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ May 22 2010, 04:39 PM)
You are so spot on Michele. The Violin is just exquisite, one of the best. Its perfectly formed and very, very tasteful......JUST LIKE ME... laugh.gif  laugh.gif
Margaret.... tongue.gif

View Post

This proves that great minds (and shapes) think alike! laugh.gif

#9 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:24 AM

What makes you think the Violin is under-rated? I thought everyone loved that one ! I haven't heard anyone poo-pooing it.

What a lovely story of the Treasure Chest ! What a great idea to get kids to finish their dinner quick smart !

I think the Pagoda is under-rated. Still, I haven't been able to get my hands on one . . . .

#10 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:44 PM

And I thought I was the only one who considered the violin one of the true jewels.
Whenever someone views my collection for the first time I always take that one out of the case and show them the perfection of details.
Phyllis

#11 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:14 PM

I guess if I bought any of the 'monuments' they would also be because of my memories of travelling there to see them . . . Eiffel Tower, Colisseum, Opera House etc . . . but sadly, I think they look better on a postcard ohmy.gif

#12 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE(P.E.Parry @ May 24 2010, 02:44 PM)

And I thought I was the only one who considered the violin one of the true jewels.
Whenever someone views my collection for the first time I always take that one out of the case and show them the perfection of details.
Phyllis

View Post

Darn it! After reading your post, went to my vitrine with the Violin, took it out and the bow fell off...right down the air conditioning vent. Almost had the Big One! Spent an hour wiggling down the darn vent, coughing on dust bunnies, then finally grabbing it and wiggling back up. And yes, it did cross my mind (too late) that this was indeed a very stupid thing to do...with no cell phone and no one else home (except the cat - who is useless in these situations.) Plus, it's DARK AND SPOOKY in there!!! sad.gif

However, it's back in it's display case...intact. Unlike me. Needed 2 glasses of Bailey's after that escapade! Seriously! ohmy.gif

Think I'll just leave them be for the time being.

#13 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:25 PM

laugh.gif Never a dull moment in your house ! tongue.gif

Hey glad you found the little bow and all is restored . . . cool.gif

And I bet you just look for these excuses to have a couple more glasses of Baileys ! ohmy.gif

#14 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(Sandra @ May 26 2010, 06:25 PM)
laugh.gif  Never a dull moment in your house !  tongue.gif

Hey glad you found the little bow and all is restored . . .  cool.gif

And I bet you just look for these excuses to have a couple more glasses of Baileys !  ohmy.gif

View Post

No, actually that's my life in a nutshell. I don't manufacture these things just to have a nip; I nip because they happen. sad.gif

#15 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:50 PM

Yeah, I do believe you mate . . . remember, we're drinking buddies ! rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users