• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:51 PM

With Harrods having been sold I am wondering if the bears will continue to be produced by E.L on the usual year by year basis.

I was told that Mohd Al Fayed was actively involved with the bears huh.gif and some which I have sold in the past I had the boxes signed by him personally.
The solid perfume bears came about due to the fact that every year at Harrods they produce a resin bear as a Christmas decoration which is footdated. The solid perfume bears were copies of this particular resin bear for each year and also the stuffed bear....
So every bear in fact, has a resin bear and a stuffed bear in the same image.

Just a thought as we shall see this Christmas although I would imagine that has already been lined up well in advance and we might not know until the following year, which at this point in time is a looooooooooooong way away!

Thought I would write this.....so girls, hang on to your bear........s...... You never know they might start really appreciating in value if they discontinue releasing them.....

#2 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:08 PM

ohmy.gif I did not know this 'Petals' - thanks for the info.

Who owns Harrods now ????

#3 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:15 AM

Hi Sandra,

have sent you the link in case I get into trouble for putting it in here????

Click here: BBC News - Mohammed Al Fayed sells Harrods store to Qatar Holdings

Well it doesn't look like anyone will be able to click on but if you just type it in on your computer, it should come up....

sad.gif

#4 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:01 PM

Just had a little read of the link - thanks ! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users