• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:28 AM

Absolutely horrible timing on my part for the above post. Just heard about the plane crash in India...prayers for those who perished and the few who survived.

#32 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ May 18 2010, 03:15 PM)
Airlines are the biggest rip off under the sun. I booked two flights on line to the South of France for September. The cost of the return flights for two people was 86. Now we have the add ons

Taxes, fees and charges.........82-90
two cases..............................60-00
two airport on line check ins....20-00
credit card fee........................5-60

and if you add that up it comes to about 255...... mad.gif  mad.gif  its the biggest fiddle ever.

Now.... so I have been told one of our airlines is charging 1 to use the toilet

Margaret

View Post

Is the Reader's Digest sold anywhere in Europe? On page 69 of the June/July 2010 US edition, there's a very informative article called "Here's the Deal." Turn to page 70 and read how to "Find the Hidden Fees." I DID download "Airline Fees: The Ultimate Guide" (go to smartertravel.com and scroll down) and you would not believe all the fee's. Margaret...what you think you'll be paying is only the beginning.

There are many sites listed in this article regarding travel and I'm going to be checking into them as time permits. Very interesting and informative, especially with Summer straight ahead.

Whether it's a flight, a cruise or just a Hotel, we all have to be our own Travel Agent these days, so take a minute or so and check it out.

This article is not sponsored by any airline...it simply gives one ways to be their own detective when making travel plans. Every little snippet of information helps.

#33 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:34 AM

Ah, just take the Greyhound !! laugh.gif

Nothing like sitting in a crowded bus for 6 hours or more, full of sweaty people with only one toilet to share, and limited stops between cities. BYO food and drinks or go without. No inflight entertainment, or place to stand up to stretch your legs . . .

Cheap transportation though !! laugh.gif

Ooh, such great memories of being a poor backpacker travelling the USA !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users