12 replies to this topic

#1 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:25 PM

Hi everyone biggrin.gif

My little treasures often arrive full of dust etc and lacking in the sparkle department. sad.gif Up to now I have been using babywipes to give them a quick clean. Does anyone else have any better ideas on how to keep them clean without damaging them?

Thanks

#2 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:11 AM

I definitely would not use baby wipes Daisy. I think if you look through all the back post headings, someone gave us excellent advice years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would just use a soft cloth and nothing else! Over to everyone else...

#3 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:27 AM

So I just finished scouring over 26 pages of old forums looking for how to properly clean the solids.

Thanks Daisy for the question because I was wondering about this too!

So then I realized, duh! there is a search engine on the site. After a few tries that were unsuccessful, I typed "how to clean" and presto!! It pulls up two old forums that discuss the proper ways to clean. But of course, now I have read so much that I can only remember qtips, windex for green tarnish and goo stuff? I'll go back to sleep and read the two forums again in the am! huh.gif

smile.gif jenn

#4 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(butterflies1219 @ Apr 5 2010, 09:27 AM)
So I just finished scouring over 26 pages of old forums looking for how to properly clean the solids.

Thanks Daisy for the question because I was wondering about this too!

So then I realized, duh! there is a search engine on the site. After a few tries that were unsuccessful, I typed "how to clean" and presto!! It pulls up two old forums that discuss the proper ways to clean. But of course, now I have read so much that I can only remember qtips, windex for green tarnish and goo stuff? I'll go back to sleep and read the two forums again in the am!  huh.gif

smile.gif jenn

View Post

Hi Jenn, thanks for looking biggrin.gif Sorry not replied before, easter holidays, screaming kids and all biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Or is it me doing the screaming blink.gif

I think we're all high on smarties!!!

#5 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:55 AM

I knew there was a topic but have not had time to search it out!

Well done Jenn and keep cleaning Daisy! Daisy, I have to smile when I see your posts. It reminds me of:

Daisy, Daisy, Give me your answer do,
I'm half crazy over the love of you!

Now for all of you who think I am crazy (you may well be right especially with all the traumas that I have been through over the past months), but rest assured there is a song as above!

Now have to get moving. IPBA UK Chapter Meeting today and I have to put my skates on!

cool.gif

#6 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:32 PM

Hi Jacky..... smile.gif

Does the rest of the song go......

I can't afford a carraige,
Or a stylish marriage,
But you'll look sweet sat on a seat.......Of a bicycle made for two.

Your showing my age.....LOL..... laugh.gif and, no comment from you Sandra.

Margaret

#7 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

Hi

One of my cats is called Daisy, I should mention I've only got the two, don't want to sound like the old crazy cat woman laugh.gif

I too often find myself singing this song to myself when I've been calling her!!

Never known all the words though so there's a good amount of do-de-do's in there!

But Jacky, singings good for you it cheers you up, even if like me you do actually sound like a strangled cat when you are singing biggrin.gif By the way, absolutely sick with envy that you may be jetting off to NewYork in search of solids. sad.gif Not an attractive trait I know, but I too want the jetset lifestyle!!

#8 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ Apr 10 2010, 09:32 PM)
Hi Jacky..... smile.gif

Does the rest of the song go......

I can't afford a carraige,
Or a stylish marriage,
But you'll look sweet sat on a seat.......Of a bicycle made for two.
Your showing my age.....LOL..... laugh.gif  and, no comment from you Sandra.
Margaret

View Post

Now Margaret, what could I possibly have to say about you showing your age . . .

But you are absolutely right about the rest of the words to that song ! I can just hear you and Jacky singing that song together whilst riding tandem ! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#9 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:20 AM

Yeeees! You got the words right.....

Daisy, if you need all the words, give a shout to Sandra, Margaret or me!

Jetting off to New York? I wish! And the tandem, well I did/do have a normal bike which is with a friend in the States. I would love to be riding one here but the traffic and a little risky!

Now to tell you about the IPBA UK Chapter....but under another heading and then I have to get ready to go out into the lovely sunshine!

Oh yes, and I had the Winner in the Grand National yesterday! Wish I had put more money on the horse! 50pence each way at 20 -1 won't make me rich. This is the third time in a row that I have won...and our IPBA day meeting coincides always with this race! I was screaming at the t.v. in the pub, urging my horse on! What a day!

#10 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:57 PM

tongue.gif Jacky, it's Murphy's Law that you only pick the winner when not much money is laid down. At least the winnings paid for your beer !

If you put down more than you can afford to lose, you will lose it ! Play safe and keep winning, otherwise I might have to send you to Gamblers Anonymous ! ohmy.gif

#11 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:16 AM

ha ha! Everytime I win, I only have very little on it! It really gets to me...but if I put more than I usually do, then you can bet your life I will lose.

Well, this year I did not win the raffle for the National whilst at the AGM IPBA UK, but I did win on my private bet. And the only reason I chose that particular horse was due to the fact that I was asking the very nice gentleman at the betting shop, so many questions. Then I said to him ''I am pushing it a bit'' to then see a horse named 'Don't Push It''. Well that was a coincidence to say the least!

My winnings will pay for my day at the U.K meeting! Lunch, raffle and the other fee....so the money has gone before I even collected it (which I shall do today or tomorrow providing I have not lost my booking slip)!

Now back to solids!

#12 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

Way to go, Jacky! My system is to always bet on a gray horse. laugh.gif
Ar

#13 daisy

daisy

• Members