Lucky Dragon--how Much Do You Think It's Worth?
Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:45 AM
Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:10 PM
Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:56 PM
Yeah, sorry, I should have clarified. It's "new" in both boxes, supposedly untouched, including the fragrance. I could post a link to the auction but I'm not sure that's allowed on these forums.
Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:37 PM
We were talking about houses, but I apply it to all things I buy.
"Things are only worth what someone wants to pay for it"
The questions you have to ask yourself to make the right choice are:
Do you want to pay the retail price because you think it's rare and of such good quality that it will appreciate over time, or at least hold it's value?
Or do you think if you buy it for $350.00 and then you see it at a lower price in a few days, weeks or months will you be sick about it?
Or are you asking if anyone here has bought it cheaper recently and if so, do you think you don't have to pay the asking price?
Or are you worried that if you don't buy this one right now, you'll never see another one?
Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:21 PM
I paid for my dragon about $190, it does contain perfume but came without its boxes.
Looking at ebay at the moment I think I paid a reasonable price. I personally wouldn't pay $350.00 even with boxes. But as Sandra says it just depends how much it is worth to you. There does seem to be a few of these popping up at the minute though, so I wouldn't panic buy as they say!!
It is a very stunning solid though, I love it, looks beautiful with the pagoda.
Some of the older members may remember a thread by Lisa about the positioning of the dragons cloud I'd had it a good couple of weeks before I stopped focusing on it
Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:54 PM
(That is from Roselyn Gerson's Estee collector's compact guide. Sorry it's not the exact quote as I don't have the book here.)
It is so true. Once I get my compacts, I never think about how much I paid, but I always think and fuss over the one I didn't or couldn't get!
I would think of a max amount you would like to pay for it, say $300, then offer a lower amount say $225 then see what they come back with. It's almost like buying a house in that respect. Ultimately you have to decide what it is worth to you and give it a little time. Maybe another in the group has one they would sell for a better price than $350 or ya'll speak up if that's a great price and I'm out of line for suggesting offering less.
Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:19 PM
I think I'll make an offer and see what happens. Thanks for the advice guys!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users