33 replies to this topic

#16 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE(Sandra @ Mar 25 2010, 11:18 PM)
smile.gif  Thanks Jacky, good memory you have there . . . but actually, it's today (Friday) !  laugh.gif

View Post

Happy Birthday Sandra biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#17 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:37 PM

smile.gif Thanks Daisy, gosh I'm getting on now !

#18 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:08 AM

Sandra - Happy Belated Birthday to you! I am wishing you a wonderful year of Estee solids and kitty cat dreams! biggrin.gif

Petals - No it doesn't hold solid perfume. It is more like the porcelain Estee keepsake boxes as it has the same "created for EL in Japan" inscription as my other keepsake boxes. I just thought it was so unusual.

Vegas - If you don't like the showgirl, next are you going to shock us that you don't like Wayne Newton!? That is being unVegas like! LOL! Then you just rip my little heart out that you don't like the cats or dogs either....yikes....how can you not love the pampered kitty or pooch or the poodle with pink bows? I am just teasing you. Do you not like all animals or are you just a domestic animal hater? Are the girraffe, elephant and tiger on your choping block next? Ok, I'll stop harrassing you now! tongue.gif

Everyone have a wonderful Friday! cool.gif

-Jenn

#19 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:19 AM

HAPPY B-DAY SANDRA!!! HAPPY FRIDAY TO ALL!! biggrin.gif

#20 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:37 PM

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me.

My wish for you is that every day during the next year will be...........A G'DAY MATE....... laugh.gif laugh.gif

Margaret

#21 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

Happy, Happy Birthday Sandra! smile.gif smile.gif

Gigi

#22 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:29 AM

smile.gif Thank you all ! I had a nice day and weekend.

Unfortunately no gift wrapped solid perfumes came . . . sad.gif

#23 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:14 PM

I think up to now Vegas Lady is in the lead with the flowering tangerine smile.gif

Sorry Butterflies!!!!

#24 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:56 PM

I just saw the ivory ceramic pumpkin w/gold trim on Ebay today. I have a generic search in for EL porcelain, and got an email today. I have never seen them before, and have collected the porcelain since the 70's. I wonder if there was a complete set.

#25 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:10 AM

Ok Daisy! You and Vegas leave my little pumpkin (flowering tangerine) alone! I'm gonna sick the octopus or spider on you! LOL!

I really don't know a lot about the ceramics from Estee. Until now, I haven't seen another white/gold pumpkin. Of all the sets and trinket boxes I've seen on ebay and other sources, I am not aware of the pumpkin being in a set. Anyone out there have any input on this? I love that in the interesting facts article on this site, there is an original insert from a collector's box with some history of the box. I really enjoyed seeing that. If you haven't read it yet, check it out!

I am hoping that the Easter Bunny will bring me a solid to add to my collection. But hey, if I only get solid chocolate, that's a great consolation prize!!! Mmmmm!!

#26 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE(chowlover2 @ Mar 30 2010, 08:56 PM)
I just saw the ivory ceramic pumpkin w/gold trim on Ebay today. I have a generic search in for EL porcelain, and got an email today. I have never seen them before, and have collected the porcelain since the 70's. I wonder if there was a complete set.

View Post

There IS a complete 3 piece porcelain Vanity Set, which I paid way too much for and have never used. Actually 4 pieces if you count the lid on the Powder Holder. Wait...5 counting the fluffy puff.

Do you mean EL produced the solids in Porcelain as well as the one's we collect? Am confused, as usual. sad.gif

Sandra - You had ANOTHER Birthday...jeezzzzz...at what point does one stop? laugh.gif Thought there was a limit...all those candles. You DO have a sprinkler system, yes?

Happy Belated Birthday, girl! smile.gif

#27 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

hi Michele,

The Keepsake Boxes came in Porcelain and the delicate ones i.e. the frosted glass.
They are really lovely and I have a modest collection....

Yes, Sandra's birthday came and went but we are all forgetting about our own. Why is it that we always pick on Sandra tongue.gif

I think the Harrods solids will start doing well again. There are some bears I am still looking for or should I say BEAR! I actually now have the Jack In The Box MIB which I love. That has been my latest high end acquisition. Have the matching Max Factor (?) Jack in the Box too. After the last story, he became quite a favourite of mine....always popping up and.........down.......and up....and down! Similar to Lola's eyelashes in the old days. Talking about Lola, I do love the packaging and items they have now on sale. Have been tempted to bid as the colours are amazing. Wondering if they are cheaper in the States in which case would wait until I am there (which won't be whilst we have warm weather here...when it finally arrives).

If it isn't raining tomorrow, I will go and have a look at the solids in Harrods. I am really out of touch, but what else is new!

Take care girls, it's good to talk. And Jack, we have our eyes peeled watching you bobbing up and down (it's the Jack in the Box I am referring to)....

nite nite...zzzzzzzzz

#28 helen

helen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(butterflies1219 @ Mar 22 2010, 11:05 PM)
Whoa! I love the little pumpkin...oops I meant Flowering Tangerine!

I was so fortunate to be able to purchase a mint in the box one with the original info sheet inside. Funny thing is it came all the way to FL from Hawaii. I like it for two reasons one is the year 1971 is my birth year (darn I am telling ya'll my age now). Two, my mom nicknamed me pumpkin for reasons still unknown to me and when I first saw it, I really thought it was a pumpkin!

I also have a white pumpkin "created especially for estee lauder in japan" porcelain pumpkin with a gold leaf stem. I have never seen another one. I don't know any history on it. It was from an antique dealer. (Let me know if you know any, I'd appreciate it.)

View Post

I agree with you on the Flowering Tangerine. I quite like it. I looked at it more since it was "dissed" and decided it was one I wanted. Mine was rather inexpensive as it had been used. I can only hope the original purchaser enjoyed the perfume.

I'm not big on the spider. Arachnophobia! I'm not like Grissom on CSI that kept spiders as pets.

#29 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:29 PM

The artichoke takes the cake! I'm also not fond of the picnic basket and the plain bubbly!

#30 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE(Ar @ Mar 23 2010, 07:33 PM)
I think the octopus is ugly. As as a cat lover, I'd also have to pick all the dog compacts!

View Post

WHAT???? The Octopus is Adorable! Sadly, I had to set him free, but he went to a wonderful Collector who is taking excellent care of him, am sure.

Lets talk downright gross...the Romantic Bloom. If that doesn't strongly resemble a brain, nothing does. Bleck! tongue.gif

The Artichoke? I think that was just a total mistake on EL's part. Most likely it started out as some sort of flower, but someone messed up so they made it an Artichoke. Yet another Bleck! rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users