44 replies to this topic

#31 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:51 PM

cool.gif Nice one ! We needed that from you ! cool.gif

Edited by Sandra, 01 June 2010 - 09:35 PM.

#32 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:55 PM

LOVE that song. Am dancing around the room as I type.....BUT....

Ariel's last 2 wishes are gone? Used up? Rut-ro! laugh.gif

Great addition, sizzles! Well done... wink.gif

Sandra...we're here at the same time? What time is it where you are? More to the point...what day is it there? Here? Anywhere? (Too much dancing.)

#33 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:00 PM

Yeah, hi there - same time, same place !! Amazing from the other side of the world. Hey - let's have that drink together . . . laugh.gif

I'm just wondering if the story is over or just the chapter . . . I mean were we going to re-visit the Spooky Forest again or can we just use Ariel's wishes to imagine that the Prince and the Devil Incarnate are having the worse life with each other possible and that Ariel is just grooving around the place in her newfound confidence? blink.gif

#34 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:13 PM

Hi Ho, mate! No...there's no need to go back to the Dark, Spooky Forest. Being with the DI is enough punishment for him. She'll clean him out financially and emotionally, thereby bringing him to his weak little knees. THEN we'll go for the knickers!

Hopefully, Ariel has found some peace and a stronger sense of self-awareness (that's 'therapy talk' for happy...I hear it twice a week laugh.gif ) and can now live her life free of this thorn in her side. Guess it depends on what Ariel WANTS to do. Sometimes what we WANT and what we NEED are two entirely different things.

I'd say she's just about over Mr. Self-Serving, Spineless Prince Jelly Belly. What do you think?

BTW...meet me at the Pub on the Avenue at 11. They lock the doors at 11:15 so hurry!!! ohmy.gif

Am very, very busy cleaning up my typo's today...just ignore...desperately need spell-check!

Edited by zooey, 11 June 2010 - 10:23 AM.

#35 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE(Sandra @ Jun 1 2010, 10:00 PM)
Yeah, hi there - same time, same place !!  Amazing from the other side of the world.  Hey - let's have that drink together . . .  laugh.gif

I'm just wondering if the story is over or just the chapter . . . I mean were we going to re-visit the Spooky Forest again or can we just use Ariel's wishes to imagine that the Prince and the Devil Incarnate are having the worse life with each other possible and that Ariel is just grooving around the place in her newfound confidence?  blink.gif

View Post

Ariel or the original Author must end it...and end it she will! smile.gif

#36 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:22 PM

I liked Nyslzzle's ending with the Gloria Gaynor song, but I guess a summation or Epilogue could be added. Either way, I'm outta here to run to the pub ! laugh.gif

BTW Michele, at the time of this post it is just past noon on Wednesday 2nd June.

Edited by Sandra, 01 June 2010 - 09:27 PM.

#37 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE(Sandra @ Jun 1 2010, 10:22 PM)
I liked Nyslzzle's ending with the Gloria Gaynor song, but I guess a summation or Epilogue could be added.  Either way, I'm outta here to run to the pub !  laugh.gif

BTW Michele, at the time of this post it is just past noon on Wednesday 2nd June.

View Post

Where was I when we were so rudely interrupted? Oh...time and place. So..it's past noon on Wed., 6/2. Can't meet you at the Pub because it's closed. Here in Pennsylvania it's 1:50 a.m. - Wednesday, 6/2. I think. Maybe. Must get some sleep. Ariel's couch has someone on it so I am reduced to sleeping on the floor. Must find a blankie or something...head is pounding.

Will be gone for a little while so make sure this ends properly...will check in upon return. Long trip ahead....

We are now down to the 3 of you to end this. Sizzles, Jacky and you. Be careful with Ariel...she thinks she's very fragile when in reality, she's the strongest of us all.

'nite and a good week to all....

#38 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:45 PM

Thanks everyone.....absolutely brilliant and you were all so switched on!!!!!

Well just to let you all know that something very prophetic was said to me yesterday which Ariel must always remind herself of when the going gets tough!

YOU CANNOT GO FORWARD IF YOU KEEP LOOKING BACK!

So to all my dear and wonderful friends who keep on looking forward, may all your days be sunny ones, may all you wish for be within your reach, and may
you always be around to share the good times, the bad times and our friendship.

As for the weak Prince, he is welcome to the Devil Incarnate and the Wicked Witch must reap the havoc of her constant meddling.......I expect we shall see them again! But that is up to all of you....... smile.gif

#39 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:22 PM

Ariel sighed as soon as the Genie disappeared.

She was pleased with the Lantern Sizzles had sent her and put it on the mantelpiece to remind her everyday she had help at hand if need be.

She also remembered an appointment with the therapist that Zooey had booked for her. It sounded like good advice, so she had agreed, but now she was in two minds at bringing up the past again . . .

Meanwhile in a Spooky Forest far away was a forever snivelling weak-minded man, once known as Prince Charming. He was no longer the stunning man he used to be, and now resembled Mr Burns (Homer's boss) from the Simpsons.

He was compelled to stay with the once beautiful lady known to him as Camilla, but once the lovely Ariel had repelled herself from his life, Camilla began to grow warts and evil looking eyes. She was then recognised as the Devil Incarnate and gave him grief every day, which seemed like all eternity to him, hence the hunched back that he acquired from the weight of the burden of her.

So - Ariel's wishes had come true, although she may not have known it lying on her Therapist's couch.

Ariel was summarising the story since kissing the frog and being thrown out of the rowboat without her hat when she suddenly had a vision !

"YOU CANNOT GO FORWARD IF YOU KEEP LOOKING BACK"

repeated over and over by faces of the people who loved her, and people she looked up to.

With a fresh new outlook on life, Ariel jumped up off that couch and with her head held high, marched out to embrace a beckoning brilliant summer's day !

THE END (?) laugh.gif

#40 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:36 PM

smile.gif Well done!

#41 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

Phew ! wink.gif

#42 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

And all this from a pesky sun bonnet laugh.gif

Who know you all had such talent smile.gif

#43 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:06 AM

Maybe you will join us next time?????

Look up stories under this topic. We have written quite alot of them in the past, Vegas Lady, Katita, etc., included. Depends on who has the time when a particular story is being written. smile.gif

#44 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:48 PM

Thats true Jacky, it all depends on time. I know that I am not as good as some of you at stories but I love to join in, this time I have been at work a lot and the brain has had enough when I come home...... ohmy.gif laugh.gif

Next time do join in Daisy, however small, every contribution is very welcome.

Margaret........ smile.gif

#45 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

It would be a small contribution as well, my talents lay elsewhere!! Not sure where, but one day I'll find the elusive little things laugh.gif

"You can't go forward if you keep looking back", very good piece of advice I think we could all learn by, never mind Ariel biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users