• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:25 PM

Ariel thought how easily Zooey had encapsulated so much of the story in her long summation.

Yes, she was right in the fact that the Wicked Witch had now been disposed of, so to speak! Had it not been for her meddling with Prince (so called) Charming, the situation would never have arisen whereby she was cut out of his life in such an abrupt way. Meanwhile the Devil Incarnate was now left to pick up the pieces of the weak, spineless Prince (so called) Charming and she would tire of him in due course. She would return to her other love once the pattern of boredom set in and discovering she would have to deal with a personality who would try to control her every waking moment. But deep down she was just as weak as Prince (so called ) Charming.

Ariel, meanwhile, was beginning to find her self worth and as such, was able to go forward vowing to never ever trust a Prince Charming again........

Edited by Petals, 30 May 2010 - 05:35 PM.

#17 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

By the time Ariel got herself to the other side of the building, the store had closed ! ohmy.gif

This made her get very angry ! She thumped on the doors with her fists, but this had little impact since the glass was at least 10mm thick and soundproof. She tried to get the attention of people inside, but they were all trooping out the 'exit' door on the other side, courteously farewelled by the nice doorman.

After 10 minutes of glass door thumping Ariel gave up. She looked up and down the street and spotted an old pub. She thought it would be a good idea to get a drink . . . or two . . . or three . . .

#18 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:48 PM

As Ariel entered the grand old pub, she wondered how she could easily dispense of the Wicked Witch and weaken the powers of the Devil Incarnate. Then maybe, just maybe she would consider forgiving Prince Charming for tossing her out of the rowboat.

She sat down and was served by someone who remotely resembled a Werewolf . . . oh yeah - she remembered - it's the Full Moon holiday soon.

After a few drinks (Bailey on the rocks, I think), Ariel plucked up the courage to call the Devil Incarnate. She picked up her Princess Phone and dialled the directory.

After a few moments, AT&T had her connected.

"hello . . . hello?" a sexy young voice came on the line. Ariel wanted to tell her she may have the Prince and all of his problems . . . blah blah blah . . . but he's just too heavy a load to carry, and carry him she must . . . but on hearing the voice, she lost all ability to speak so she simply hung up.

Had the Devil Incarnate cast yet another spell ?

Edited by Sandra, 30 May 2010 - 05:54 PM.

#19 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:13 AM

"Had the Devil Incarnate cast yet another spell ?"

Actually, no. I believe the Devil Incarnate possibly had re-produced many years before (so now we have 2 DI's.) It was more than likely the offspring of the original DI who picked up the phone. With the brains of a gnat, said offspring probably thought it was just a telemarketer so Ariel decided to try again...after she left the pub and sobered up. She HAD to find her flat and lie down for a bit before she did anything else.

As for the Werewolf, not to worry. That was only Bob...he grew a beard and was too lazy to shave it off. Frightened off more than one customer but...that's our Bob! ph34r.gif

Regarding "summation," that denotes an Ending when in fact it is not over yet. Ariel still has some unfinished business to deal with, so in that respect, it's only the Beginning.

Let's just say....Ariel is now mentally armed and ready to close this ugly chapter...never again to be controlled by anyone, let alone a wimpy, spineless Prince who is only happy when controlling women. That is because, of course, he's basically a coward and would NEVER confront, lie to or argue with a man. (By any chance, are we discussing my first husband?) huh.gif

Am eagerly awaiting a post relaying the conversation between the Devil Incarnate and Ariel...and there's only one person left here who can post the message. No rush...we'll give Ariel time. At that point, it will be the end of the Prince and the Beginning of a new life for Ariel. Truly!! cool.gif

#20 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:24 PM

Ariel was cross with herself. Why on earth had she hung up! What a stupid thing to do. After all she owed it to herself to say how she felt and to show
how she had survived the depths to which she had been thrown to by the so called Prince Charming.

The sexy voice answered once again.....''Hello'' Ariel replied, ''I've been wanting to speak to you for a long while. Wanted you to know the trouble you have caused and how insignificant you have become in the scheme of things!''

A hollow laugh echoed down the line filling Ariel's ear with a green substance that oozed venom. ''How do you like that?'' the voice chuckled. ''Mess with me
and you'll be receiving more of that and other surprises of a lifetime!'' Ariel cringed, momentarily lost for words....''Don't talk to me about lifetimes. You tried to have Prince Charming drown me but you did not succeed. Remember I have something you will never have!'' ''What's that?'' Devil Incarnate spluttered oozing more green venom into Ariel's overflowing eardrum. ''I have the Lantern which Sizzles found and brought me back to life! I have the fountain of youth and will never grow old. You, my friend, will have the burden of Prince (so called) Charming and he will grow on you like an old sack. You cannot give him the life and love which he needs to nurture him through each day. You cannot give him peace and contentment. But this is not my problem....'' Ariel jumped in pain as a flash of lightening forced the receiver from her hand. The venomous venom now began to resemble slithering snakes as they rolled down her arms landing in a quivering
pile around her feet. Kicking them to one side, Ariel picked up her glass. raising it towards the barman who had been watching everything in undisguised amazement...

''One for my baby'' she crooned motioning him for a refill.....''and one more for the road''

cool.gif

Edited by Petals, 31 May 2010 - 06:07 PM.

#21 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:11 PM

ohmy.gif The end ? We were just getting to the middle . . . . dry.gif

#22 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:33 PM

OK...OK....second complaint....going back to alter it so you will be able to continue!

#23 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:19 PM

That's more like it !! biggrin.gif

#24 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:27 PM

jeeezzzzzz...just when I thought it was safe....

Ok...

Realizing that any discussion with the Devil Incarnate was useless, not to mention potentially dangerous, Ariel finally realized that the person to call was he who started this entire mess...the spineless, self-serving Prince.

Now if Ariel would just go home, have a cup of tea and take a brief nap, she would have a clear head with which to think. And think she must. What she says to the Prince will not only set him straight but knock his knickers off as well! (We'd all like a photo of that, please.)

Whoever has the Lantern...get it ready. If all goes as planned (and Ariel must be sweet in her conversation with Mr. Prince)...we can turn this wimp into a pile of mulch and throw him into the Dark, Spooky Forest with the rest of the unmentionables stranded there! ph34r.gif Am sure Bob the Bartender would be happy to lend a hand.

Meanwhile, Ariel's friend Zooey is having a sip of Bailey's and heading for bed. It's late...time to catch some zzzzzzzzzzzz's.

'nite all...

#25 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:40 AM

biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#26 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:10 AM

Found the perfect song for this story, and since you're obviously into musicals I'll post a few lines of the lyrics here:

"She's faced the hardest times you could imagine...
and many times her eyes fought back the tears
and when her youthful world was about to fall in...
each time her slender shoulders
bore the weight of all her fears and a sorrow no one hears
still rings in midnight silence...in her ears."

"Let her cry...for she's a lady...
let her dream...for she's a child...
let the rain fall down upon her...
She's a free and gentle flower growing wild..."

A most appropriate stanza from the same song goes like this:

"...the way she's always paying
for a debt she never owes
and a silent wind still blows
that only she can hear and so she goes....

Let her cry...for she's a lady
let her dream...for she's a child...
let the rain fall down upon her...
she's a free and gentle flower growing wild."

Hum along as you're reading the story...I always have a good cry whenever I hear it. Betcha you all will too!

'scuse me...must go blow my nose... sad.gif

#27 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

sad.gif Made me cry too........the lyrics..... sad.gif

#28 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:10 PM

"Boo hoo" sniffed Ariel as she cried into her last G&T. (Whilst Ariel was a happy drunk, alcohol heightened her emotions). "That song just gets me to the core" she explained to Bob the hairy bartender.

"Look little lady, I like yer alot, but why don' cha get your little self home, have a cup of tea and take a nap. Things always seem better after a good sleep".

That idea seemed to make sense to Ariel, even though she thought in a weird way she fancied the bartender, his hairy-ness seemed a little creepy for a previous Mermaid. He seemed better suited to a Showgirl.

Bob the bartender called her a cab and as she was whisked home, she thought she would call the spineless Prince in the morning to set him straight, and perhaps knock his knickers off, or maybe that would be the doing of someone else . . . !

She thought she would call her friend Zooey first for some advice . . . though as it turned out, Zooey was also pretty much comatosed from the consumption of excessive alcohol. ohmy.gif

#29 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:29 PM

laugh.gif laugh.gif

#30 nyslzzle

nyslzzle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:36 PM

"Arhhhhhh" Ariel yawned as she woke up fully rested and clear headed.
"This is going to be a great day."

Ariel made a cup of tea and sat at the table thinking f how she would begin her chat with the Prince. Just then there was a knock at the door. It was a priority mail delivery.

Ariel wondered what it could be and from whom. For a minute she became frightened since the DI told her she would have surprises for her. She took the box to the table and slowly began to open it.

To her surprise inside the box was the lantern with a message attached. It read:

Dear Ariel, you had forgotten to take the lantern when you left so quickly. I am sending it to you in case you need to use the two wishes that are left. Signed, Sizzles.

Ariel sighed a sigh of relief. She was happy that it wasn't something terrible from the DI. When she looked further into the box she saw something else. It was a beautiful mermaid containing a solid perfume called Pleasures.
Ariel decided to put a dab of the perfume on. As she did, she felt wonderful (full of pleasure so to say). She had strength, courage, and peace of mind. Just hat she needed for the conversation with the Prince.

Ariel picked up the receiver of her pink princess phone and dialed HIS number.

A squeaky voice answered Hewwo.

Ariel got right to the point.
"I just want you to know that I am so glad you found someone that suits you! I wish that you stay forever the sniveling weak minded man that you are and stay with the DI forever and ever and ever until the end of time and I wish that she will give you grief every day for all eternity."

"As for me I will survive ..........
(band in the background)
First I was afraid
I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live
without you by my side
But I spent so many nights
thinking how you did me wrong
I grew strong
I learned how to carry on
and so you're back
from outer space
I just walked in to find you here
with that sad look upon your face
I should have changed my stupid lock
I should have made you leave your key
If I had known for just one second
you'd be back to bother me

Go on now go walk out the door
just turn around now
'cause you're not welcome anymore
weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with good-bye
you think I'd crumble
you think I'd lay down and die
Oh no, not I
I will survive
as long as i know how to love
I know I will stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
and I'll survive
I will survive

At that moment ...... the tip of the lantern began to glow ........ a short puff of smoke spit out of the end ........ and out popped a genie.

" Ahhh! Miss Ariel. You have made your last two wishes."

Then poof ............... he was gone ...........

Edited by nyslzzle, 01 June 2010 - 07:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users