25 replies to this topic

#16 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

Hi Butterflies..... smile.gif

They did send me an invitation but I could not get away from work.....I was gutted.

As I could not make it the kind lady who was setting it up sent me some pictures and to me it all looked to be Solids and Powder Compacts

You could charge a lot for B&B with a visit to the museum thrown in...... biggrin.gif

Margaret

#17 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:49 PM

sad.gif Yeah - work seems to get in the way of a lot of things . . . still, am thankful I am able to work and live the life I do. No complaints . . . but would only like to find more time and energy in the day somehow.

#18 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE(Karin @ Mar 23 2010, 02:29 AM)
When I retire I think I'll might just join you. I'll bring my collection and who knows we might get a museum together  tongue.gif It's a great idea biggrin.gif Never been to Florida but I'm sure I like it there - with a solid museum it will be the best place to be laugh.gif

Karin

View Post

Ok Karin come on! Anyone else, the more, the merrier!!

I was just thinking that the museum would have to have it's own back up generator because if the air conditioning ever gave out in this FL heat, the perfume in the compacts would melt. I actually have plans and a box to evacuate my solids with me if there is ever a hurricane or fire in which we had to leave quick. I've even thought about a fire proof safe just in case, but I figured that would be overboard. But as I first started my collection and realized how the perfume can get soft in the heat, I set my collection up where no sun hits it and I keep temp regulated as much as I can.

#19 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE(Sandra @ Mar 23 2010, 04:49 PM)
sad.gif  Yeah - work seems to get in the way of a lot of things . . . still, am thankful I am able to work and live the life I do.  No complaints . . . but would only like to find more time and energy in the day somehow.

View Post

Trust me, it is so much better to work than to not be able to. Being disabled, I miss working so much and then to top it off being sick you still don't have energy and time still passes by fast. I remember when I was working and I longed to be retired and have time to do and travel. Now I have the time, but not the health or energy! LOL! But as you said..no complaints, I am blessed for good days, but I would trade them to be able to work.

Take a deep breath though and make time for yourself. You are the only one who can do that and who will benefit the most from 15 minutes a day just for you. The other 23 hr and 15 minutes can be devoted to everything else!! LOL! I am sending you good wishes for a less stress day! smile.gif
-jenn

#20 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:28 PM

smile.gif Thanks Jenn - I am needing good wishes today. I am feeling a bit down in the dumps because yesterday I had three things go wrong and it set me back a bit.

In the big scheme of things they are nothing huge to worry about, but as a customer trying to get fair service and you are only given the runaround, it becomes infuriating and irritating.

Well, my day yesterday (apart from going to work just trying to go about my personal business as easily as possible), I had two 'online' incidences go wrong - where I didn't get the stuff I ordered but something else and the people who sent it don't believe me and I have to send it back at my own cost (thanks, Paypal); and one face to face where I was told to go and do it 'online' when I didn't have to - I was already in the shop (gees, we're talking about getting a few photos developed here - how hard can it be?).

Anyway, hopefully it'll all work out and I will cheer up soon enough and be back to my happy self.

#21 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:35 PM

Must be something in the water Sandra, I've got something on the way to me that should have gone to someone else, so when it arrives I'll have to post it back!!!

This morning I decided to pick up and smell a candle on the fireplace, one of those in the small glasses, smells of chocolate unless you light it!!! Unbeknown to me though my hubbie had been burning it and the wax inside had melted. So I just ended up throwing melted wax into my face, chest and white top laugh.gif laugh.gif You should have seen his face when he saw me, I don't think he could work out was up with me for a few seconds, I was just stood there laughing with brown wax stuck all over me. laugh.gif

You just have to remember that for every bad day there's always more good ones. smile.gif

#22 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

Man I hate days like that!

Daisy - At least your hubby didn't start singing "you light up my life" or ask you if there was any more chocolate milk?! LOL! tongue.gif You know if it was him, you'd be laughing too!

I have accidentally mailed things to the wrong person and I sure hate doing that. I know how much I hate it when it happens to me.

Hope both of your day is better tomorrow!

Until then I will leave you with this to cheer you up....

What are the names of Snow White's 7 menopause dwarves?
Itchy, Bitchy, Sweaty, Sleepy, Bloated, Forgetful and Psycho

(I hope Estee enterprises never makes those as compacts!LOL!) laugh.gif

#23 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

I have solids stored in boxes all over the house. I would have to choose between taking my 3 kitties or my solids... the solids would lose. Luckily Tampa hasn't had a serious hurricane!
Ar

QUOTE(butterflies1219 @ Mar 24 2010, 02:39 PM)
I actually have plans and a box to evacuate my solids with me if there is ever a hurricane or fire in which we had to leave quick.

View Post

#24 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:13 PM

You'd better put them in a tote..the solids not the cats!!!! LOL!! laugh.gif

Here's to hoping for a very light hurricane season this year.

Wait, I have an idea...You keep your sweet little kitties and send me your solids to watch over. Jax hasn't had a hurricane since 68ish. I will hold display them. You can come visit anytime....And if you want I have some swampland next door.... cool.gif

#25 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

Hi Butterflie

SWAMPLAND !!!!!! next door, do you have alligators.... ohmy.gif

Margaret

#26 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:54 AM

LOL! Well GatorLand is 30 minutes from Jacksonville in St Augustine, FL!

I do have my own little gator in my pool, but it's only a plastic gator head!

Now there's another great compact idea...a little cute gator loaded with green crystals!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users