4 replies to this topic

#1 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:01 PM

Hi biggrin.gif

Can anyone tell me how much is reasonable to pay for a boxed harrods van? I'm still learning!! Something tells me I always will be laugh.gif

Thanks

Sharon

#2 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:41 PM

Hello Daisy,

The boxed Harrods Van originally sold for 150 or 160, if I remember correctly or perhaps higher. Will try and check it out.

So taking into account these were not a general release and therefore limited, to purchase one I would say anything upwards from the above figures (unless you are lucky enough to find one at a lesser price) with perfume and card etc. NOT the empty ones you see floating around on Ebay as these are probably rejects or copies ...whatever.

With the Vans you have to make sure that the wheels are O.K. There was a problem with the rubber which covers the wheels and I had to send one of these solids back to Estee Lauder as the rubber would not stay fixed to the actual wheel.
It is a nice solid.

Hope this helps.

#3 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

Ah . . . I should have asked this question before I bought my first one !!

This was my first ebay buy . . . and boy was I green ! smile.gif

However, it made someone else's day and that person is/was a member of this site.

Philosophically, I think things are only worth how much one wants to pay for them.

#4 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:12 AM

Just make sure you buy what you love, then you won't be sorry what you paid! When I started buying solids 3 yrs ago, alot of members were bitter about their collections being devalued by the warehouse sales. Since I started I have bought hundreds of solids. I have bought solids from Micky at Manhasset EL store. from members on the site, and on Ebay. The Harrods' are the only ones that hold their value, and only ones I pay full price for. If you're patient, all new releases, MIBB will eventually show up on Ebay ( or on this site ) and you can save $$$ I know it's hard when you're starting out and want everything all at once ( or at least I did ) I also lucked out and met 2 people on this site who were selling their personal collections off, so you can grab some great solids that way. Also, I don't buy hoping solids are going to appreciate in value. The ones that do are few and far between. If I have something that does grow in value, that's great, but not my resson for buying. I LOVE walking by my curio cabinet everyday and looking at all my treasures!

#5 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Feb 27 2010, 05:41 PM)
Hello Daisy,

The boxed Harrods Van originally sold for 150 or 160, if I remember correctly or perhaps higher.        Will try and check it out.

So taking into account these were not a general release and therefore limited, to purchase one I would say anything upwards from the above figures (unless you are lucky enough to find one at a lesser price) with perfume and card etc.  NOT the empty ones you see floating around on Ebay as these are probably rejects or copies ...whatever.

With the Vans you have to make sure that the wheels are O.K.    There was a problem with the rubber which covers the wheels and I had to send one of these solids back to Estee Lauder as the rubber would not stay fixed to the actual wheel.
It is a nice solid.

Hope this helps.

View Post

Thanks, what would us novices do without this kind of information?  It never occured to me to check out wheels!!

Sharon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users