27 replies to this topic

#16 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

'Blunt', eh, Zooey?

I'll have you know, I am as sharp as a tack ! You should know that by now tongue.gif

(I have applied Jacky's word association game to this response) biggrin.gif

#17 helen

helen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(Gigi @ Feb 23 2010, 01:37 PM)
A warm welcome to you Daisy.  Glad you've joined us.  Katita said it best concerning this site to have solid information and having very good solid people here.  Time and time again you will see wonderful posts and people willing to help out.  Its just amazing and special.

Glad you like the shoe solid.  I have that one as well.  It reminds me I need to go to the store and get a pair...money what's that? <ha,ha>  I have seen the Spring solids at both Saks and Neimans and am passing on them this time.  They really don't do anything for me, but if anybody here picks them up, I congratulate you.

Again welcome Daisy and am so glad you posted.

Gigi

View Post

I got the snail from Saks and am very pleased with it. It was more attractive that in the photo. I want the turtle but $$$$$$$$$$$ has put a hold on that.

#18 laurendmb

laurendmb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE(daisy @ Feb 22 2010, 06:40 PM)
Hi everyone!

I am a new member and not sure if I am posting this in the right place  blink.gif  I have only been collecting for a few months but boy have I dented my bank balance already.

Too many solids not enough money  biggrin.gif

My favourites so far are:-

Cinderellas coach
Dragon
Boustier
Harrods Palace
Shoes!!

But I find new ones everyday that I must have.  When's it Christmas?

Sharon

View Post

Hi everyone! I'm also a new member here and just wanted to say hi. I think my favorite solid I have is the Sparkling Sailboat since I love to go sailing. It's almost sailing weather here! I also like the Regal Kitty, since it looks just like my own cat. Hope everyone here has a wonderful day,

Lauren

#19 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:09 PM

Hi Lauren, which part of the States are you from? Nice to have you join us...

#20 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

A big welcome to you Lauren. Nice to have you here. smile.gif

Gigi

#21 laurendmb

laurendmb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:33 PM

I'm from from Massachusetts. Thank goodness it's spring time. It's been a cold winter

Lauren

#22 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

Hi Lauren

Welcome biggrin.gif I'm waiting for the sailboat to arrive to go with my plane. Is it nice in real life!?!

#23 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:45 AM

smile.gif Hi Lauren. My best friend lives in Massachusetts too !

One of the lovliest areas in the States I reckon !!

#24 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:01 AM

Hello Daisy! I am also newbie to this site! I am soooo happy to see that I am not the only one who is absolutely crazy about solids. My cherished favorites are signed Bob Conte MIB 99 Youth Dew Cameo, Evelyn Lauder signed 2000 Bubbly, the wedding chapel, Pigs and on and on. I have a great picture of my pekingese Brittney with my pampered pekingese which I really enjoy.

I stumbled into collecting solids when I was trying to find information on a Florenza solid purse compact from my grandmother. I fell...in love with Estee solids! I have spent quite a bit over the last 3 years. I am learning constantly and fussing with my spouse that this isn't an addiction like being an alcoholic or gambling! It's a collection!!! Like I posted in another thread, I should've read the training hints for those around us first! LOL!

Anyway, I am rambling. Great to meet ya'll. Fire away with any questions. I don't mind nosey questions (I'm teasing from the prior post!)

-Jenn

#25 daisy

daisy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:38 AM

Hi Jenn biggrin.gif

It would be much cheaper to be an alcoholic!! biggrin.gif

Shall I be the first to stand up and say

My name is Sharon and I'm addicted to collecting solids

There, now for the recovery period!!! ohmy.gif

#26 laurendmb

laurendmb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE(daisy @ Mar 19 2010, 07:44 PM)
Hi Lauren

Welcome  biggrin.gif    I'm waiting for the sailboat to arrive to go with my plane.  Is it nice in real life!?!

View Post

It is lovely!

#27 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:53 AM

Ok, it might be cheaper to be an alcoholic, but I could become a gambler, win the lottery then switch back to collecting solids!

I thought the lottery was supposed to be the redneck retirement plan, not the compact collectors fund?!

I guess just like any addict, any way we can get the compact we desire, we'll do?!?

There goes the neighborhood! Dangerous compact collectors on the loos ph34r.gif e!

#28 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

Hi Lauren.... smile.gif

Hi Butterflies.... smile.gif

A warm welcome from me, its good to see new faces ( so to speak )

I have people staying at the moment so I will be back to join in the posts soon. Really I wish they would go home so I can get back to the important things in life....like this site..... laugh.gif laugh.gif

Margaret

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users