Photo

Micky Has The General Distribution Solids!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:38 PM

smile.gif There's a fine line crossed between collecting and obsessing. Once you've crossed it, it's a hard one to reverse, but it can be done !!

The joy of collecting solids for me was FUN for the first 4 years, then it left when the market was FLOODED for the next 4 years, and I regretting what I had bought. sad.gif

Now my interest is coming back again because of all the chit chat on this site, though I am careful what I buy now . . . . though the caution is slowing waning as well ! biggrin.gif

#47 Lyndell

Lyndell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:01 AM

Hi Ann and Ken,

Sorry to hear about your building experience but glad to see you are still enjoying your solids. Will look forward to your pictures... smile.gif

Sandra,

There is a way around that super fund problem. Put it in an industry fund that's not for profit. If you have access to a Commonwealth govt fund (for govt employees) they are really good (the old ones before they outsourced to all the usual companies). Yes little people are left in the lurch! It seems only the CEOs make anything out of companies these days - the govt should hurry up and legislate against it! There are also some ways of setting up your own super fund - check with your accountant as there are definite ways around having others using your money and leaving you with a tiny nest egg (or none!) in retirement. wink.gif

#48 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:51 PM

Thanks Lyndell, will do !! Funnily enough, I actually have an apt. with my accountant next week, so I will be asking him the questions !

#49 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:07 PM

My SA at Saks at International Plaza (Tampa) was told that Macy's is the only store that will be selling the general distribution solids. I informed her that there is something fishy about what she's been told because I ordered them from Bergdorf's! Has anyone else heard this?
Ar

#50 ione1956

ione1956

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:39 PM

I saw them at Nordstrom. My sales person also called and told me they were available at Neiman Marcus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users