Photo

Micky Has The General Distribution Solids!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(Gigi @ Sep 16 2009, 11:19 PM)
Thanks a bunch Michele for your report on receiving your solids. Sounds great, just great. I'm placing my order tomorrow.  When I get them here, my husband and I will have Chinese takeout as well to celebrate.

Gigi

View Post

Hi Gigi - Thanks for taking the time to read all these threads. It's a lot to take in and even more to think about.

Jack put up a photo of the Take-Out and the Tiger so you can get a better idea. I had to take the shot (of the Take-Out) at an angle so you could see the stones as the flaps are up, which makes it a little difficult to see all the Crystals looking straight on.

Have decided to keep Mr. Tiger...his Green Crystal eyes are gorgeous and the enamel work is something else. He's sort of "Strongwaterish" if you will. (Can I say that here?)

These are definitely super solids. Am trying to remember when I found solids as lovely as these for under $150 or $200. Certainly not in the last few years...

Let us know when you receive yours and what you think of it/them/whichever. And have a bottle of Bailey's on hand...one teensy glass is good for the soul. smile.gif

#17 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(Sandra @ Sep 16 2009, 11:11 PM)
Er . . . that wouldn't be the Black Octopus, would it ?        ohmy.gif

Oh no !  It's TRAPPER  of course !!  The super duper Retriever of your arm.  biggrin.gif

Yeah, I don't think Tigers like rice . . . they are more carnivorous.  Maybe if you had shared the shrimp with him he might have reacted . . . then again seafood might not have worked either . . . so my tip would be to offer him the pork next time !  cool.gif

One of my fave chinese takeaways is Chicken Chow Mein . . . I wonder of EL would do me a plate of that ?!?  laugh.gif  OK . . . NOT !  I don't think I would buy that one anyway . . . it's one thing to eat it and quite another to have it as an ornament . . .

View Post

Of course it's Trapper! SUPER-DOG and my Hero forever!

Tigers are carnivorous? As in people? He WAS eyeing me kind of funny tonight....hmmm....

Must get to sleep...after I check in at the Dark, Spooky Forest. laugh.gif

#18 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:11 PM

Oh my gosh...just noticed it's "yesterday" already! laugh.gif

#19 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:17 PM

blink.gif Oh, it's 'tomorrow' here ! wink.gif

(Did that mess your head up?) huh.gif

#20 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:32 PM

Yup! laugh.gif laugh.gif

#21 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:39 AM

Certainly messed my head up as I had to catch up on all the posts and am late getting started this morning i.e. 17th September!

I had a gut feeling as soon as I saw the Chinese Takeaway that it was a lovely solid. Unfortunately I could not Takeitaway with me at the time without shelling out 100!

Enjoy......I love Chinese food and I also like Curry.....cannot imagine a curry working very well as a solid.... blink.gif Even Tandoori Chicken would not look very appetising....but it is delicious!

Thanks Gigi for your lovely wishes. Not ready to leave just yet but..........
Mitzi May, where are you????

xxx

#22 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:39 AM

Yes, a strange thought having food as a solid . . . still, it's shown itself as a winner, or maybe that price tag helps !

I pity the person's who bought the Tiger on Ebay for a couple of hundred $$$, although they were advertised as 'prototypes', maybe they are worth the money.

I guess that maybe it was thought they might not appear like the Artists Palette, for example.

Also, I wonder at the huge difference in price tags this year. Can't say I'm too willing to pay a few hundred dollars for any one solid anymore !

#23 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:08 PM

I ordered both the tiger and take-out from Donna. They look great in the photos and I like the prices. None of the stores here have them yet. I'll wait to buy the jukebox and some of the Saks solids till they come out on the secondary market.
Ar

#24 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:50 PM

No stores in Florida have them yet? ohmy.gif Regardless, so glad you ordered them before they disappear from the radar screen! Please let us know what you think when they arrive, ok? Will be waiting for your viewpoint. smile.gif

#25 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:23 AM

Micky really has a good deal going on the Chinese Takeaway, Tiger etc.

Trying not to spend but either way, fantastic items.

#26 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Sep 18 2009, 02:23 AM)
Micky really has a good deal going on the Chinese Takeaway, Tiger etc.

Trying not to spend but either way, fantastic items.

View Post

Wish it was Micky's decision, but actually it was E.L.'s. I'd like to see what else they have in stock (as in older solids that were transferred from Las Vegas and other stand-alone stores which closed) but, like you, am trying to show some restraint in spending. It's so HARD! ohmy.gif Especially with the discount. Painful, actually. sad.gif Thank goodness Micky is on vacation as I don't purchase from anyone but her. For this weekend, I'm safe! smile.gif

At least I have the Chinese Take-Out and Tiger...love them both. (Took some time but Mr. Tiger finally got to my heart.) rolleyes.gif

#27 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:47 PM

Hi everyone- been a while for me- I thought I gave up on EL and the solids- but- I CAN"T- are there pictures someplace of the 3 new general distribution- I like the price of them- but really can't buy them sight unseen for some reason?- so if someone could - please post any type of pictures PLEASE!!!!!!!

Mark

#28 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:15 PM

Hi Mark, Nordstrom has them on their website. I ordered mine there as they are having a triple bonus point special if you use your Nordstrom card. The take-out box and tiger are FAB!

#29 Lyndell

Lyndell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:03 PM

This is just my excuse to do a post since I have so little to say these days.......

One comment: Am I the only one who would like to see some crystals on the general distribution solids?

I know the positive comments from people indicate they like the bigger size but personally I like the smaller solids....

What do others think? smile.gif smile.gif

#30 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:19 PM

smile.gif Hi Lyndell, I like seeing what Margaret calls 'bling' too on solids. You're definitely not the only one who wants to see more crystals!

Little ones are cuter too, yes I agree. I also think we need to see someone do a display with all these new solids !!

Please . . . Anybody?

Edited by Sandra, 19 September 2009 - 11:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users