Photo

Micky Has The General Distribution Solids!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:33 AM

In spite of my self-imposed "ban" on purchasing any new Solids, Micky called today and described the new Solids to me.

She has, in stock, the Chinese Take-Out Box (with chop sticks,) the Tiger and the Cameo.

The Cameo sounds a bit different in that it has an Ivory Rose on top rather than your traditional Cameo with a lady. Sounds sort of like the Camellia but have not seen it in person.

After hearing the descriptions from Micky (who is the world's BEST enabler) smile.gif I had absolutely no choice but to order both the Take-Out Box and the Tiger, as I love Chinese Fried Rice w/Shrimp AND I adore animals (except for those that attack me...ask Sandra!) laugh.gif

As far as the prices go, they are all $89 each, which is extremely low. I imagine they will fly out at that price. According to M, these look like they should be priced at $150 or higher. Will be the judge of that when they arrive, but she's never been wrong before. Will let you know.

Reasonably priced solids...who would have thought? blink.gif

When they arrive, I shall toast them with a HUGE glass of Bailey's! rolleyes.gif

#2 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

Make sure you let us know what they are like BEFORE you open the bottle .... ph34r.gif .... laugh.gif

Kind regards...Margaret

#3 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ Sep 15 2009, 04:43 PM)
Make sure you let us know what they are like BEFORE you open the bottle .... ph34r.gif .... laugh.gif
Kind regards...Margaret

View Post

I'll try, but it's not going to be easy. Maybe just a few sips before I even open the boxes....???? Remember, it's been at least 2 years since I purchased even one new solid, so this is an occasion to hopefully celebrate.

Love to celebrate everything....the sunrise...the early morning sun coming in the windows in the kitchen (especially in the Fall)...the sunset...and everything in-between. (Must get back to the liquor store and stock up.)

Will let you know as soon as they arrive...am so excited! smile.gif

#4 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:24 AM

Sounds like you've been celebrating early blink.gif

Well at least in the States you can return the items if they don't come up to scratch!

Am sure you will love them and thanks for the offers to send them or bring them back here if we would like them!

wink.gif

#5 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Sep 16 2009, 03:24 AM)
Am sure you will love them and thanks for the offers to send them or bring them back here if we would like them! wink.gif

View Post

Oh my gosh...never thought of that. Assumed you could get them just as easily. Of course I'd send them to you. Shipping is high but am sure at least 2 could go for the same price. I believe it comes to around $30 to ship 2 to the UK. (Flat Rate Priority - in a box that would hold 2 - is $40+...not a bargain by any means.)

Please contact Micky or your SA or you may email me if you need any help.

And, of course, my apologies.... sad.gif

Edited by zooey, 16 September 2009 - 09:31 PM.

#6 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:33 AM

Thank's so much Michele. I shall be coming to the States so if any of my friends here would like them, would purchase and bring back with me (as in the past).

Now have another Baileys and then start writing! ohmy.gif

#7 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:33 AM

Just talked to Donna at Bergdorf's and she has the GD solids as well. They also have their Gift Card event this week and you can save $25 on orders over $100. I ordered the Chinese Carryout and one small cosmetic item and saved $25. No tax too which is great - sales tax here in Chicago is a crazy 10%! Donna's contact info is available in the Store Locations above. She said that the Takeout and Tiger are going fast!!

Woody

#8 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:47 PM

I'm really happy for both Woody and Michele on your general distribution solid purchases. I am looking forward to you both sharing with us your opinion of your solids when you get them. And Jacky my best wishes to you for a wonderful trip to the States.

I think I said before, I too am planning to purchase the Take-Out Box and Tiger solids. I'm glad Micky and Donna both have them now. Its been a long time since I have gotten excited about general distribution solids, but this year I am. Now for me its the question of where to buy them at as I have done business with both Micky and Donna in the past as well as my local EL counter sales person. Ah, decisions, decisions to make...I'd better make one fast before these solids are gone or almost gone. I think I need a drink! laugh.gif Just iced tea of course until I get those solids! laugh.gif

Gigi

#9 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:46 PM

biggrin.gif Hey everyone ! what happy happy posts we have here . . . . of course now I'll have to get them too !

Michele, I am glad you are up and about from your stoush with the four legged one. You should know they always will win . . .

Sounds like you're having a great party with yourself anyway ! laugh.gif

#10 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:01 PM

They arrived today...must have had a plane waiting at the Mall! Totally in love with the Take Out Box. It's so realistic you won't believe it. The "flaps" on the top are open (standing up) showing the beautiful crystals...I believe the Green Crystals would be sparkling peas; the Pink Crystals would be - of course - shrimp, the Clear Crystals - possibly onions, plus LOTS of gold. Oh...the Golden Chopsticks are lying across the open box.

Each of the 4 sides of the lid(s) have a saying...2 say "Thank You" and 2 say "Enjoy." Plus, there's a beautiful Pagoda on the front. And a handle (not movable.) Oh...and little folds on the side of the box...nothing was left to chance. LOTS of Gold!

The attention to detail is amazing. The size is MUCH larger than I expected...this is more like a $175 to $200 solid, but don't tell EL. Someone there obviously made a mistake in pricing and personally, I'm thrilled!

The Tiger? Am still thinking about him. Possibly another glass of Bailey's will help me make a decision. But he is a beautiful fellow and well worth $89.

Now...where to purchase? It's been my experience that unless I am there to personally pick out which solid I want, Department Store SA's (and this is nothing personal against anyone) generally just "call down to the stock room and tell them what to send where." Micky, on the other hand, knows how picky I am and goes over each solid carefully before sending it out to me.

To each his own...the decision on where to buy them is entirely a personal one. The $25 savings doesn't really save me anything as I end up spending way more than I had intended by buying something I don't really need. So in that respect, I'm much safer buying from Micky. Plus...the Manhasset Store still has the Rewards Program, so it's sort of a wash.

Attempted to take photos but it was almost impossible. Sent what I had to Jack and will let him be the judge of whether or not to post them.

Must go...you will never guess what we're having for dinner this evening! laugh.gif

#11 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:08 PM

Er . . . . Chinese Takeaway? Fried Rice with Shrimp??

Couldn't be a Tiger . . . . tongue.gif

#12 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:45 PM

Very good, Sandra. smile.gif Fried Rice w/Shrimp it was...but no Gold box and no Crystals. dry.gif

Mr. Tiger just sat there and watched. I put a piece of rice in front of him but he was not interested. huh.gif

As usual, Peter had soup I cannot pronounce let alone spell, plus egg rolls and a ton of other things. Fried Rice to him is an appetizer. laugh.gif

#13 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(Sandra @ Sep 16 2009, 07:46 PM)
biggrin.gif  Hey everyone !  what happy happy posts we have here . . . . of course now I'll have to get them too !

Michele, I am glad you are up and about from your stoush with the four legged one.  You should know they always will win . . .

Sounds like you're having a great party with yourself anyway !  laugh.gif

View Post

Am fine! smile.gif Could have been worse...like, a Tiger. But my hero would have saved me for sure! rolleyes.gif

#14 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:11 PM

Er . . . that wouldn't be the Black Octopus, would it ? ohmy.gif

Oh no ! It's TRAPPER of course !! The super duper Retriever of your arm. biggrin.gif

Yeah, I don't think Tigers like rice . . . they are more carnivorous. Maybe if you had shared the shrimp with him he might have reacted . . . then again seafood might not have worked either . . . so my tip would be to offer him the pork next time ! cool.gif

One of my fave chinese takeaways is Chicken Chow Mein . . . I wonder of EL would do me a plate of that ?!? laugh.gif OK . . . NOT ! I don't think I would buy that one anyway . . . it's one thing to eat it and quite another to have it as an ornament . . .

#15 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:19 PM

Thanks a bunch Michele for your report on receiving your solids. Sounds great, just great. I'm placing my order tomorrow. When I get them here, my husband and I will have Chinese takeout as well to celebrate.

Gigi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users