• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:09 PM

I LOVE the new Harrods' Bear, he is a cutie to be sure. I wish the Tube had a little more enamel and bling, but it goes well with the rest of the Harrods' solids.

#32 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:01 AM

The Bear is just too cute...wish I had ALL of them.

Regarding the Tube, I don't quite understand it. To me it looks like an ad on a beverage can...but what do I know. huh.gif

Margaret...Jacky...can you explain it to me?

#33 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE(Karin @ Sep 6 2009, 05:44 AM)
Have I got it right that there are only 3 GD solids this year (Glimmering Takeout, the tiger and a cameo) ?? Why cut down on the solids people just might be able to afford  blink.gif 

Karin

View Post

I believe you've got it right, Karin. They've probably cut down because they can't afford to produce many at such a low price. ohmy.gif

These ARE the 2009 Holiday Collection. It's on the enlosed Card. smile.gif

#34 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE(zooey @ Sep 17 2009, 12:01 PM)
The Bear is just too cute...wish I had ALL of them.

Regarding the Tube, I don't quite understand it.  To me it looks like an ad on a beverage can...but what do I know.  huh.gif

Margaret...Jacky...can you explain it to me?

View Post

HI Michelle. If you are referring to the "Tube to Harrods" in the Solids Database, that is from 2007. I believe it is the London subway sign for the Harrods stop? I could be wrong. The 2009 solid is called "London Tube" which is a replica of a subway car with the Harrods name on the front.

Woody

#35 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:51 AM

Thanks for clarifying that, Woody. I must be seeing the 2007 one, as I don't believe the 2009 has been released yet. Am not sure...if you have a picture it would be great.

Again, thanks. smile.gif

#36 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:50 PM

E.L. took the London tube sign and put Harrods on it. There is'nt a station called Harrods, to go to Harrods you have to get off at the Knightbridge station.

I do hope I am right on this.........JACKY HELP, what do I know about the London underground system....... blink.gif I live in the middle of Derbyshire

Margaret

#37 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:55 PM

Absolutely right Margaret. The underground station for Harrods is Knightsbridge and I have just been there this evening. Department for tv's etc., were having some sort of gathering i.e. in connection with televisions etc., and the digital changeover. I sort of popped in, popped down a glass of courvoisier and a chocolate or two, and then popped back out. On the way down I looked at the solids once more but nothing that I had not seen before. The bear is very cute and this time I had a loooooooooooong look at the tube! Sorry, but to my way of thinking they could have done alot more with it and I had to search for any writing/lettering. Not impressed with this one at all. Other than that, there was the new Pagoda (you have in the States) the Rickshaw, Chinese Takeaway for want of another title, etc. etc. So only two Harrods! Well, as we are not alerted unless we take the time and trouble to find out ourselves, they cannot expect us to run there and purchase.

Anyway, this confirms what you wrote Margaret!

Edited by Jacqueline, 17 September 2009 - 05:27 PM.

#38 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:12 PM

Margaret, Jacky, et al...Just the word "Underground" for transportation would make walking look great. Possibly a bicycle, scooter, some sort of wagon, etc. would also work well...but not anything "underground."

Only ONE glass of Courvoisier? 'Fess up, girl. However, if it's true, Margaret, Sandra and I really need to get you out on the town...soon! Could we take a Taxi? Above ground?

Now am more curious than ever to see what the "Tube" Solid looks like! huh.gif

#39 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:09 PM

ph34r.gif Yeah - the underground . . . suffocating as New York's subway in summer as no airconditioning . . . however, it's a pretty quick ride around the town if you can hold your breath for long enough !

Riding in a London Cab is much more fun ! cool.gif

#40 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:02 PM

I saw the Harrods bejeweled flag at a Cosmetic Company store in Orlando for $220.
They also had the sailboat, Aerin Lauder's little blue flower, bird cage, and some others which I can't remember.

Ar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users