• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(klassicguy1 @ Sep 5 2009, 08:20 AM)
It's called Glimmering Takeout (Pleasures) and it is actually one of the lowest priced solids at $89 US.  It is a great solid!

View Post

Hello again my friend! Do you know which Dept. Store carries it? MUST have one! Sounds like a "keeper," at least to me! smile.gif And at $89, cannot complain (for a change.) wink.gif

#17 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:37 PM

Me too Michele! Lower than 100 and such a pretty solid. There were others at 100 which translates to lower and better across the Ocean. About time! I loved it.

#18 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:38 PM

It's part of the general release solids....was pictured in a copy I received from Compact Collectors Club. I have only seen a few available and they sell right away.

Woody

#19 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:16 PM

Hi Jacky....... No invitation came through my letter box..... laugh.gif

Hello Woody...... I saw the picture of the Glimmering Takeout in Powder Puff and I must admit that I liked it, but I'm just not buying any more solids.

Margaret

#20 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:44 AM

Have I got it right that there are only 3 GD solids this year (Glimmering Takeout, the tiger and a cameo) ?? Why cut down on the solids people just might be able to afford blink.gif

Karin

#21 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:07 AM

Maybe they want customers to be forced to buy the unsold solids they passed over last year (although these are mostly the $$$ ones). Or they will release new ones closer to the holidays to make a buzz. It's hard to analyze EL's marketing strategies!
Ar

QUOTE(Karin @ Sep 6 2009, 04:44 AM)
Have I got it right that there are only 3 GD solids this year (Glimmering Takeout, the tiger and a cameo) ?? Why cut down on the solids people just might be able to afford  blink.gif 

Karin

View Post

#22 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:17 AM

The glimmering take-out box is a great solid and has a lot of bling for a general release solid. I was at Neimans in King of Prussia yesterday, and checked out whta they had. Only 4, the Horse and Sleigh which is a beautiful piece. The Teddybear in Stocking which I think is adorable, but much to small, and the Leaning Tower. What were they thinking w/that piece? I like it, but it is so out of proportion to the Tower and Colisseum. I wish they had made the Tower smaller, and the Teddy bear in stocking larger. I forget what the fourth solid was, so I guess I wasn't very impressed by it.

#23 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:36 PM

Probably the juke box.

QUOTE(chowlover2 @ Sep 6 2009, 08:17 AM)
The glimmering take-out box is a great solid and has a lot of bling for a general release solid. I was at Neimans in King of Prussia yesterday, and checked out whta they had. Only 4, the Horse and Sleigh which is a beautiful piece. The Teddybear in Stocking which I think is adorable, but much to small, and the Leaning Tower. What were they thinking w/that piece? I like it, but it is so out of proportion to the Tower and Colisseum. I wish they had made the Tower smaller, and the Teddy bear in stocking larger. I forget what the fourth solid was, so I guess I wasn't very impressed by it.

View Post

#24 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:34 PM

Don't forget the Rickshaw. Picture which was sent to me is not very good...cannot seem to get it to come here...will keep trying!

#25 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:53 PM

OK guys, thanks for all of your input on the general release solids. I'm following your lead and calling up my EL counter person to place my order for both the takeout box and tiger solids. Last week I was in Dillards Department store in Billings, MT. The gal whom I do business with there said they expect their solids to be in the store no later than the first week in October. This particular store is the only department store in Montana to carry the EL Renutriv skin care line so this tells me they must be the biggest and sell the most EL products in the state. (OK I confess I was in there to get some Renutriv hand care cream which I really like.) Typically in years past, they generally get the general distribution solids in about mid-October or so. So while every other store in the States has their solids for sale, we up here are the last in line. This gal at the counter said this year EL wants to get their products out on the counter fast and not hold anything back in a stock room.

I have just a few general distribution solids in my collection, but this year is the first in a very long time I'm actually getting excited about. Many thanks to each of you and your posts.

Gigi

#26 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:09 PM

Hi Gigi,
Seems like a small inconvenience, to be able to live in Big Sky Country! Wyoming is beautiful. smile.gif I'd love to live there... except during the winter! ph34r.gif
Ar

QUOTE(Gigi @ Sep 6 2009, 06:53 PM)
OK guys, thanks for all of your input on the general release solids.  I'm following your lead and calling up my EL counter person to place my order for both the takeout box and tiger solids.  Last week I was in Dillards Department store in Billings, MT. The gal whom I do business with there said they expect their solids to be in the store no later than the first week in October.  This particular store is the only department store in Montana to carry the EL Renutriv skin care line so this tells me they must be the biggest and sell the most EL products in the state. (OK I confess I was in there to get some Renutriv hand care cream which I really like.) Typically in years past, they generally get the general distribution solids in about mid-October or so.  So while every other store in the States has their solids for sale, we up here are the last in line.  This gal at the counter said this year EL wants to get their products out on the counter fast and not hold anything back in a stock room.

I have just a few general distribution solids in my collection, but this year is the first in a very long time I'm actually getting excited about.  Many thanks to each of you and your posts.

Gigi

View Post

#27 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:18 PM

You're right Ar, it was the jukebox. I like it, but not paying full price for any solid anymore. I really think the general release are exceptional this year and a great buy for the money, so I will be buying all of them at full price.

#28 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:19 PM

The Harrods solids have arrived!! I just opened the box. "Max" the 2009 Bear is super cute! The Harrods Tube is nice as well, I wish the Harrods name was more pronounced, but I like it as well. As soon as I can get some pics, I can try and post to Flickr and post here...will be later today/tomorrow.

The package arrived in a week - that was super fast. Of course, for what they charge for shipping, the box should fly here on it's own laugh.gif laugh.gif

Woody

P.S. I may have an extra bear and possibly one tube available. If interested, contact me at klassicguy1@sbcglobal.net

Edited by klassicguy1, 08 September 2009 - 12:25 PM.

#29 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:08 AM

Here's a link to a pic of the 2009 Estee Lauder Harrods Bear.

Woody

http://www.flickr.co...N07/3915022693/

#30 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:04 AM

Awwww...hes a cutie. Thanks, Woody. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users