• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE(Ann and Ken @ Jul 31 2009, 01:47 PM)

We will try harder on photos.
Anything we can do to help PLEASE tell us.

Ann

View Post

Great ! Am looking forward to seeing what you do with the last couple of years solids. Your displays are always brilliant, so can't wait ! cool.gif

#17 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE(zooey @ Jul 31 2009, 12:25 PM)
I'm on my way to Gigi's with a bottle of Bailey's...

Thanks so very much for staying the course...I promise to be good.  Well, respectful.  Ok...civil.  laugh.gif  laugh.gif 

Michele

View Post

Hey that's my drink ! I just knew we'd eventually find something we had in common . . . wink.gif

You ARE good and respectful, Zooey . . . you just have . . . character . . . and a multitude of personalities you can call on. Are they also on your speed dial?? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#18 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:57 AM

GREAT NEWS JACK & LISA smile.gif lots of smiling faces from all of us. Thanks so much

for working out a happy comprise to keep this great site alive. I shall try and

'hone' my computer skills so I can try harder and contribute more often.

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

KAREN

Edited by Aussie Girl, 01 August 2009 - 02:59 AM.

#19 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE(Sandra @ Aug 1 2009, 03:56 AM)
Hey that's my drink !  I just knew we'd eventually find something we had in common . . .  wink.gif

You ARE good and respectful, Zooey . . . you just have . . . character . . . and a multitude of personalities you can call on.  Are they also on your speed dial??  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

View Post

Bailey's is sort of an "all occasion" liqueur, don't you agree? Love it straight or in coffee. Wonder if one can freeze it in ice cube trays and pop in a toothpick? Sort of a Baileys Popsicle. Does alcohol freeze? That is my mission for today...try to freeze some Bailey's Irish Creme. Will let you know what happens. OR...a Smoothie. Now that's a great possibility! Think I'll try one for lunch, then when I wake up it will be supper time. mellow.gif

And yes, #'s 1, 2 and 3 are on Speed Dial. You asked before...just didn't want to admit it. laugh.gif #4 is the "good" me.

HI KAREN! (((WAVING)))...your computer skills are tops. Not to worry!

Michele

#20 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:10 PM

Michele, I've used vanilla ice cream and baileys and chocolate syrup to make a shake - MMMM biggrin.gif

Let me know if it freezes, sounds good.

Katita

#21 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE(katita @ Aug 1 2009, 02:10 PM)
Michele, I've used vanilla ice cream and baileys and chocolate syrup to make a shake - MMMM biggrin.gif

Let me know if it freezes, sounds good.
Katita

View Post

Thanks so much for the recipe...probably will have to do lots of experimenting and tasting to get it right. Better head to the liquor store just in case I need a "back up" bottle. One can never be too careful. Must plan ahead.

If you don't hear from me for a day or 2, you'll know I've had one too many of Katita's Ice Cream Shakes! smile.gif

I say we all raise a glass of SOMETHING this evening to toast the Good News about the site! Tee-totalers? PM me and I'll have one for you. (Shows what a nice person I am...very thoughtful.) rolleyes.gif

This is going to be one fun evening... laugh.gif laugh.gif

Michele

Edited by zooey, 01 August 2009 - 03:00 PM.

#22 Topbev

Topbev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:28 PM

Although I do not post often, I do spend time reading everyone else's posts. It is a wonderful place to escape the world's pressures -- if only for a small bit of time.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am so happy that you were able to make this site work. Thank you so much for everything you do here. smile.gif biggrin.gif

#23 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:41 PM

Yep, its going to be one great party. Katita, I bet your party pie is a very good one. And about the drink Michele is bringing I really can't say anymore than what has been said except "party on!" laugh.gif

Its so good to read everyone's post. We are celebrating big time.
Thanks again Lisa and Jack.

Gigi

#24 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE(zooey @ Aug 1 2009, 11:38 AM)
Wonder if one can freeze it in ice cube trays and pop in a toothpick?  Michele

View Post

I have tried this before, unsuccessfully. And it's very sticky to get out of the tray too. The thought is good, but it didn't work for me sad.gif

Let me know if you have any luck !

#25 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:17 AM

Thank you Jack and Lisa for your continued support! I will look for the donation button as well. I have lots of photos to post, many of items never released that I believe members would love to see. Whether you call them prototypes, samples, one of a kinds, really doesn't matter to me... I just love them. laugh.gif

Woody

#26 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:23 AM

Many thanks to Jack & Lisa for their continued support of the site. I too will gladly donate. I have made so many friends through the site it will be a small price to pay!

#27 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:29 AM

I echo everything that has been said about the happy news that the site is to continue.

I have been a member for a good few years and this site has become part of my life ( and it's not that I don't have a busy one ) It's brought me many friends and I sure would miss it had it folded.

I have always made time to look in and post during the day even if it has been late at night before I get into bed.

To all of you who belong to the site and don't post very often or not at all....do try and make time now and again. Even if you tell us something that you don't think is very interesting other people could find it so and it brings us all news from around the world.

There is a saying.....USE IT OR LOOSE IT and I think in this case we nearly lost it.

My thanks to Lisa and Jack for the continuation of the site and lets hope there are many more posts to come..... laugh.gif

Margaret...... smile.gif smile.gif

#28 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE(klassicguy1 @ Aug 2 2009, 08:17 AM)
Thank you Jack and Lisa for your continued support!  I will look for the donation button as well.  I have lots of photos to post, many of items never released that I believe members would love to see.  Whether you call them prototypes, samples, one of a kinds, really doesn't matter to me... I just love them. laugh.gif

Woody

View Post

Hi Woody! A member was kind enough to forward some photo's of samples to me and they are gorgeous. I would not have hesitated to purchase them in their original state...look forward to a few photo's of your own collection.

The one's I saw were truly "Finished...One of A Kind" pieces as they are Samples, which IMHO would make them extremely collectible.

Again, just MHO. smile.gif

Margaret - You're absolutely right. I've taken the site for granted for so long it's criminal. Just assumed it would always be here, plugging along as usual, whether I visited or not. WRONG! Will definitely check in several times a week and post something, even if it's only the solids I see at the Outlets and the prices they're asking. (Not much lower, I must say. ohmy.gif )

Thank you to both of you for putting these points higher on our Priority lists. And yet another thank you to Lisa and Jack for keeping the site up and running. Plus, it's so good to "see" everyone coming together again...let's not let it fall.

Now...back to my Bailey's...but I'll be back tonight. (Don't all shudder at once..we'll have an earthquake.) laugh.gif

Edited by zooey, 02 August 2009 - 01:27 PM.

#29 Linda

Linda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:13 PM

Oh, wow, Jack. I am so happy! Thank you for saving us. biggrin.gif

Linda in Hotlanta

#30 ione1956

ione1956

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

Dear Jack & Lisa,

Thank you so much for continuing this wonderful site. I would be happy to make a donation.

Your hard work and dedication to this site is so much appreciated.

Thanks again.....Ione

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users