user posted image

Ken & Ann

#2 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:50 PM

Thanks, Ann and Ken. My SA from Saks called today to say some of them are in. I'm thinking rickshaw...
Ar

QUOTE(Ann and Ken @ Jul 18 2009, 03:25 AM)
Here are the 2009 Sak's EL Solids Photos

user posted image

Ken & Ann

View Post

#3 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:54 PM

Actually, I really like the Imperial Horse the most...will have to see them in person to really know for sure.

Thanks, Ann and Ken. smile.gif

#4 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:29 AM

I think I will like the Lantern - a bit of bling there. Not much bling in the rickshaw, though that one also appeals, as does the horse.

Thanks for posting the brochure.

#5 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:23 AM

Love the Rickshaw, Horse and Flower. Thanks for posting the pictures. Would love to see them in more detail too.

#6 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:09 PM

I saw the Saks solids today and I'm disappointed. I just didn't think they had enough of the bling for the price. I thought the best was the Jay Strongwater dragonfly. The rickshaw could certainly use more crystals, especially around the top of the carriage (or whatever you call it). I canceled the rickshaw and ordered the horse, but I may cancel that too, and save my money for Harrods.
I think I'll like the NM compacts better.
BTW, Saks still has older compacts such as the sand pail, pair of rabbits, and lobster.
Ar

Edited by Ar, 19 July 2009 - 07:11 PM.

#7 Lyndell

Lyndell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:27 AM

Just to ensure I add to post numbers.......

Not impressed with any of them... and where is the usual one filled with beautiful??

#8 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE(Lyndell @ Jul 21 2009, 09:27 AM)
Just to ensure I add to post numbers.......

Not impressed with any of them... and where is the usual one filled with beautiful??

View Post

So far, and I had to squint blink.gif to make it out, I believe the Imperial Horse has "Beautiful" inside. Then again, I DO need a trip to the eye doctor's.

Michele

#9 Lyndell

Lyndell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE(zooey @ Jul 23 2009, 05:52 PM)
So far, and I had to squint blink.gif to make it out, I believe the Imperial Horse has "Beautiful" inside.  Then again, I DO need a trip to the eye doctor's.

Michele

View Post

Yep I do believe you are correct - and I was wearing glasses!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

#10 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:14 PM

I think they all need more bling for the $$$ I'm going to save my money for the Harrods' solids. Has anyone heard anything about what Harrods is releasing this year?

#11 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:04 PM

Ditto. I canceled the Saks horse that I'd reserved. The SA tried to convince me they were "limited in quantity" because they are producing fewer due to the economy. She's just doing her job but I'm not falling for it. Even if there aren't many, I don't care. They don't appeal to me. However, I just have to get that NM sleigh... I'm waiting for the Harrods too.

#12 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:03 AM

Amazing. I have never heard a SA say "Don't worry...we have lots of them." It's always..."Let me put it on your charge now because when they come in, they'll sell out instantly." Or..."Every Collector wants this one and they're (EL) only making a few. You HAVE to get it now as I cannot promise it will be here tomorrow...and we're not getting any more."

And I believed every word of it. duhhh.....blink.gif

Michele

#13 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:42 PM

don't feel bad, you're in good company. smile.gif

#14 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:46 AM

Have just bought the Imperial Horse and Jeweled latern. They are the nicest of the Saks collection and very pretty. I went thinking the rickshaw would be first on my list but I was really disappointed. It was rather large and not much bling. Has anyone heard what Harrod's will have this year?

#15 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

HARRODS SOLIDS!!!!!!!.........

You should all know by now that us Brits are always the last to find out.... ohmy.gif

We have to wait for someone on the site to tell us.

Margaret

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users