THANKS ANN..... smile.gif

Margaret

#3 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:51 PM

Yeah, thanks for the heads up - the Rickshaw sounds promising.

#4 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:25 PM

Yes - thanks from me too, Ann

What is this obsession with dragonflys. Ever year another one? ----------

Phyllis

#5 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:07 PM

Thanks so much for info. I agree with too many dragonflies. biggrin.gif

#6 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:54 PM

I'm laughing here big time concerning the dragonfly. laugh.gif laugh.gif Agree with everyone else's comments about this. But what's really funny for me is that Neiman Marcus this year also has a dragonfly. Both of these stores (Saks and Neimans) in my opinion compete with one another. What is EL thinking? Apparently once again not too much concerning us collectors. Without seeing pic of Saks, I'm guessing there is a slight variation between the two, BUT STILL!

This is a real busy time for me right now. Last week it was Rodeo Week where its the biggest thing in our community for the whole year. This week I have a class reunion. Haven't had time to call my SA at Saks in Denver. But I am on this site daily and am loving the "Spooky Forest" story by you all.

Take care everyone,
Gigi

#7 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:11 PM

Hey Gigi, methinks someone at EL has an obsession with insects! Does anyone know how many dragonflies have been done over the years?
Saks and Neiman both also have horses if you count the horsedrawn sleigh. Wasn't the prancing pony last year?
Ar

[quote=Gigi,Jul 15 2009, 02:54 AM]
I'm laughing here big time concerning the dragonfly. laugh.gif laugh.gif Agree with everyone else's comments about this. But what's really funny for me is that Neiman Marcus this year also has a dragonfly.

#8 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:50 AM

Alright folks, I was challenged by Ar's question and have spent the weekend counting insects biggrin.gif :
Dragonflies: 5 (2002, 2003, 2008 and two 2009) and there is also a dragonfly powder compact!
However: the insect winner is butterflies with a count of 8 solids (and one powder compact).
Runner up is beehives where you can choose from 4 solids and two powder compacts.
Next is ladybugs with only three solids but no less than five powder compacts. Last year came a spider solid and I've also found a tiny fly on Strongwater's Radiant Sunflower. I think I have managed to cover all insects by this but please correct me if I'm wrong tongue.gif While at it, I also took the time to try and count the numerous amounts of cats and dogs and it turns out that the dogs are the winners with 14 solids whereas catlovers only gotten 12 solids biggrin.gif
Hope you've enjoyed the statistics!
Karin

#9 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:09 AM

Well done Karin......That was some undertaking biggrin.gif

Margaret

#10 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:33 AM

Karin,
I am totally impressed!!!
Thanks!
Ar

#11 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:21 AM

Excellent job, Karin. Perhaps next year they'll come out with an "Exterminator."

Far too many variations of the Dragonfly, yet they all look alike...sort of.

laugh.gif

#12 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

Ho, ho, hey,hey, thanks a million Karin is what I have to say! smile.gif

Gigi

#13 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

wink.gif Good to see you again, Karin. Love ths stats. Saves me doing it ! smile.gif

#14 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:17 AM

Karin - That took time...I AM impressed. I do wish EL would have come out with at least ONE MORE "Carousel" rather than all the variations of the Dragonfly. I would gladly pay $450 Retail for it, even though the original was $250 (which at the time I thought was outrageous.)

Looking at the price of precious metals today, and pewter is sort of a precious metal, I can understand somewhat why prices have skyrocketed...Retail, that is.

Michele

#15 Lyndell

Lyndell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:32 AM

Oh don't we all wish there were another carousel?! Someday I hope to tell you all my story about being robbed of my Carousel in Australia by a zealous SA..... too tired tonight. But am sure they would charge over $1000 in Australia for it. Yes $250 was a good price but how were we to know it was the one item that EL would not repeat time after time despite the "limited" label we've all come to distrust so much? wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users