Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE(Brigitte @ Jul 28 2009, 01:22 AM)
Hi everyone,

here comes my tribute to the story.
I did the "BOOK" for you all.

BOB AND LOLA ON THEIR TRIP INTO THE  SPOOKY RAIN FOREST

Have fun,

Brigitte

P.S. I will keep it up to date, whenever some one keeps writing.

View Post

WOW !! How good is that!?!?

WELL DONE, BRIGITTE !! A thousand thank yous
!

cool.gif

#62 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:37 AM

What can I say......That is just wonderful, you are so clever Brigitte.

Margaret

#63 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:03 AM

Beautifully put together. Thanks Brigette!

#64 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:07 AM

For the first time ever, I'm speechless. huh.gif Thank you so much, Brigitte!

Michele

#65 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:26 AM

While the workers were busy duplicating the Original Jack-in-the Box, Jack noticed - out of the corner of his eye - that some of the greasy paste had fallen onto the floor.

A thought began to grow in his colorful little head...if he could manage to get to the floor with the greasy, slippery paste without arousing suspicion, could he somehow work his way out the door and back to the Mansion? The Mouse picked up on his thought and quietly, carefully climbed up the table leg to get to JACK. One little push was all it would take...and Mouse had positioned a lovely BLUE TUFTED CUSHION (minus the High Heel because it was a PROTOTYPE) right under the spot where JACK was left sitting.

Working together, the freedom JACK was hoping for was now a possibility.

Michele

#66 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:27 PM

Over in the far corner was a big freezer box. One of the workers took a box in and there out of the corner of his eye Jack saw that one of them (quite possibly the original) had been left in there so long that he had literally frozen to a snowman ! The worker took one look at him and said "don't worry, soon I will make you into a snowglobe so you will never escape !"

Jack was both startled and almost frightened to death when he heard this. He knew he had to make it back to the Taj.

Meanwhile, in the big mansion next door, Bob and Lola were being shaken awake by an irate jester who was the night manager. "What the . . . ?" growled Big bob who didn't like to be woken up until he was good and ready. "Oh, Bob ! There's a man in our room!" shreiked Lola who then proceeded to pull all the covers her way.

"Your little journey to the unknown has invited trouble to our community !" the Jester spat out. "Jack has been stolen and taken to the other side where he will be cloned and held captive indefinitely. It is now YOUR responsibility to get him back seeing you are the only ones who have been in the spooky mansion and come out alive and unscathed ! I don't quite know how you did it, but you must consider yourself quite lucky. We were all alarmed when you two noseys left the comfort of our gorgeous hotel earlier today."

Bob rubbed his eyes still trying to comprehend the Jester's words. "Oh, I didn't realise we were in a such a game of roulette, but all we want to do is find the missing solids and free them !" said Bob defensively.

"Oh Bob ! Is it true that Jack has been kidnapped and it's all our fault?" "Seems so, little princess, but don't worry, your Big Bob will get him back and all the others too!" roared Bob convincingly.

However, inside he was wondering just how he was going to do it!

Edited by Sandra, 29 July 2009 - 05:23 PM.

#67 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:17 PM

da-da-da-daaaaaahhhhhh.......(gulp) ph34r.gif

#68 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:32 AM

The next morning as Bob and Lola were eating breakfast you could have cut the atmosphere with a knife, all the staff were staring at them with hatred in their eyes.

"What are we going to do, honey?" Lola asked Bob "I don't really want to go back into that spooky mansion again."

Bob took a deep sigh and took hold of Lola's hand. "We have to go back honey, its the only way we are going to find out what's going on, you have to be brave Lola and go back with me."

"But I don't do brave, you have always done it for me" wailed Lola.

Throwing down his linen napkin onto the table Bob looked across at Lola, "Well honey" he laughted "Even my little mouse has deserted me, so this time I am counting on you.....now hurry up and finish eating then we can get over to that darn old spooky mansion and settle this problem once and for all."

Together Bob and Lola walked down the overgrown path and in the front door of the spooky mansion. In the hallway everything looked as it was before, and taking a very deep breath Bob pushed open the door to the room that the boxes were in.

"There's nothing here" gasped Lola "I just don't understand it, did we imagine the whole thing?"

Bob was just about to reply when he felt something run up his arm and settle into the pocket of his shirt. "Well, knock me down with a feather" laughted Bob "Its my little mouse friend back again, he does look in a bit of a state the poor little thing. "I wonder where he has been all this time?"

"Never mind about the darn mouse" snapped Lola who by this time was getting rather impatient "What are we going to do now."

Bob looked around the empty room and suddenly his eyes lit up. "Look Lola there's a door over there that we never noticed before."

Lola crossed the room and tried the door only to find it locked. "Well that's that there's no key for it unless you have something in your pocket that we can get it open with."

Just as Bob was about to check his pockets the little mouse shot down Bobs arm and under the locked door. "Well I guess he is trying to tell us something" said Bob as he checked the contents of his pockets. "Sorry Lola all I have is this polished stone that I found"..........No sooner had Bob said the words when there was a flash of light and instead of holding a polished stone, in Bob's hand was a MAGIC LANTERN with a very small key attached to the handle.

Margaret

#69 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:02 PM

''ooooooh''Lola gasped on seeing the Magic Lantern with the key attached to the handle. 'Yes darlin aint that somethin'' Big Bob replied at the same time slowly inserting the key in the lock. ''Let's hope this is where Jack is so we can bring him back to the Taj!''
''I can't see anything here'' Lola replied, peering round the large workroom. ''Hold the Lantern a bit higher! It's kinda dark !'' ''Look honey'' Big Bob said, pointing to boxes including a Silver Jubilee Box, a Holiday Remembrance Box , Keepsake Boxes and many many more that were piled one on top of the other in the corner of the room. ''Ugh....what on earth is that! Nearly slipped and broke my leg!'' ''Think it's some greasy paste'' Lola replied ''and what's that rubbish on the floor! Seems like someone left here in quite a hurry!'' A squeaking noise alerted them both to mouse who was now scurrying back and forth. ''I think he's trying to show us something! He's trying to push one of those boxes with his little nose!'' Big Bob followed mouse to a larger box on top of a work bench. ''Heh Lola. It's Jack (as in Jack in the Box) and looks like he's been havin a time of it here! Fast asleep like he's back in them Golden Times! Even a Spangled Drum not gonna wake him up right now!'' Big Bob grabbed the large box. ''C'mon Lola, we'd better get out of here and fast before we lose him again!''

Lola held on tightly to Big Bob's arm. Her Fragrant Heart was beating ten to the dozen as they made their way out of the door and across the path. ''Oh my, Oh my'' Big Bob exclaimed as they entered the building. 'You deserve a Knowing Panda hug, Lola. I'm so proud of you for being so brave!'' Lola smiled. ''Wonder what Jack is going to tell us when he wakes up from his stupor. Looks like he has been drugged or something.''

''Lordy, Lordy'' Big Bob exclaimed, 'look at that Golden Rabbit chasin after mouse!''
With that, mouse jumped up into Big Bob's shirt pocket.

''Now to find out what's been happenin! Wake up Jack'' Big Bob murmured, peering into the large brown box...

Edited by Jacqueline, 30 July 2009 - 04:18 AM.

#70 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:09 PM

As he set the box down in the large foyer, all the folks immediately gathered around to see Jack as Bob opened it.

Next to the sleeping Jack was a note. Bob's big paws were shaking as he unfolded it.

Scrawled was mysterious quiz a in the form of a poem:

"He who takes this sleeping Jack
Will not ever wake him unless he takes him back
To the place where there lays a track

This person must find a certain prize
But to do this more danger lies
And if not careful, no more the sun shall rise"

Then Big Bob fainted.

Edited by Sandra, 29 July 2009 - 06:20 PM.

#71 nyslzzle

nyslzzle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

Lola ran to get the magical pitcher off the table near the door. She quickly dumped the water onto Big Bob's head.

"Whaaa. Whats goin on here" yelled Bob.
"You fainted darling" said Lola.

Everyone in the room was anxious to know what the note had said. Bob passed the note to Lola who read it and passed it on. Gasps came from each person as they read the note.

"Now what in the heck does that mean?" asked Lola

Big Bob thought for a minute, then he spoke. "It must mean we have to take Jack to the train station, its the only place round here that has tracks. We must go there now and look for the prize."

Lola grabbed a few things she thought might be useful and tossed them into a shopping bag. Lola then asked the palace guard what the fastest way to the train station was. The guard told her that there were three hot air balloons in the field and that they were the fastet way to travel in the spooky forest. They would be floating high above the trees and not even the tree people would be able to bother them.

Bob, Lola, and the little mouse set off for the field ready for a fantastic voyage.................... huh.gif

#72 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:52 AM

Lola was glad that she had on her BALLET SLIPPERS as she stepped into the PINK FANTASTIC VOYAGE BALLOON. "Hurry up Bob, we sure will be cosy in this thing like two PEAS IN A POD."

Over the tree tops they sailed, the balloon rocking from side to side, Lola wondered if this was what it felt like to be an ENGLISH RIDER.

Suddenly the balloon started to lose its power.....

"We're going down" cried Bob "And its going to be a bumpy landing "better hang onto your STRAW HAT, Lola."

Looking down all Lola could see was dark spooky trees and their branches seemed to be reaching out to catch the balloon.

"Oh Bob" she cried "We are going to land straight in the middle of the spooky forest."

The little mouse in Bobs pocket shuddered with fright.........

Margaret

#73 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:19 AM

Bob quickly scanned the basket or gondola of the Fantastic Voyage Balloon for anything he could throw out in an attempt to "lighten the load." He noticed a heretofore unseen brown box in one corner of their gondola, grabbed it (it was VERY heavy) and proceeded to throw it over the edge of the basket/gondola they were riding in.

When the box hit the ground, Bob and Lola saw hundreds of chunks of Pewter smash to smithereens..."prototypes" that would now never reach the outside world. Had they somehow managed to squash the plans of the Tree People? Could they stop the distribution of fake, unfinished solids? Could they save Jack?

So many questions....so little time. sad.gif

Ever so slowly, the Fantastic Voyage Balloon began to rise...leaving the Dark Spooky Forest farther and farther beneath them.

Lola gave Bob the biggest hug ever, knowing they could now possibly reach the Train Station in time to save Jack (in-the-Box.)

However, once there they would have to figure out what the hidden prize was and how to acquire it without adding further danger to themselves, Jack-in-the-Box and their little friend, mouse.

Heaven forbid a LOCOMOTIVE would be coming at them on the tracks they were now fast approaching, as that might destroy the "prize" and leave Jack-in-the-Box in a coma-like stupor forever.

Hopefully, the "nice" Ticket Man could help them upon landing. ph34r.gif

Michele

#74 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:44 PM

''Looks like we are in for a bumpy ride Lola. We sure need some safety belts to hang onto here!'' Lola looked down at the track which seemed to be looming closer and closer. ''I feel quite sick honey. I really don't like these kinda rides and I just feel that I'm going to pass out any minute now!'' ''C'mon Lola, don't be sayin that! Remember we got Jack in the box and we gotta take care of him. Also darlin, there's gonna be a prize at the end of all this and I want you to start thinkin bout what you would like it to be. Maybe it's a trip to Las Vegas. Maybe it's a trip to Texas or maybe...........'' Lola heaved as her stomach did a double turn. ''I don't want any prize. I don't want to go anywhere else on this Globe! I just want.......'' ''To hold your hand Darlin'' Big Bob sang, trying to take Lola's mind off the ground rushing upwards to meet them.
''Yeh Darlin........I just wanna hold your hand!''

''Look Lola'' Big Bob pointed downwards as the Ticket Man's face looked up at them his hand shading his eyes in an attempt to see them more clearly. ''What's he doing?'' Lola screamed. Big Bob leaned over the side of the basket trying to steady it for a smooth landing. ''Well I'll be ............'' his sentence cut short as the Fantastic Voyage Balloon began to rise . ''Well I'll be......''

The Ticket Man's finger pointed upwards sprouting a long tree=like branch. Up, up, up it chanted, as the Balloon soared higher and higher and higher. ''We don't want you here'' the Ticket Man chuckled. ''You can't get away that easily. Up, up and away, in my beautiful balloon.....'' he chuckled as the Fantstic Voyager disappeared into the clouds......

Edited by Jacqueline, 30 July 2009 - 02:51 PM.

#75 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:50 PM

They soon levelled out once past the clouds and then suddenly could see more clearly below them. They were past the spooky forest and into a lush countryside that looked absolutely beautiful. They went over pastures of land, marvelling at all the brilliance of nature.

They saw a horse gathering in the clearing and as they came right over, they saw Rodeo Cowboys and Cowgirls competing. Nearby there were Standing Pigs and Roosters with a few Chicks around.

Soon they soared over high pine tree tops "Oh Bob ! How beautiful is this?!?" exclaimed Lola. Bob was really enjoying the ride too, but had his eyes peeled for a glistening prize he hoped he would be able to find.

Their balloon began to slowly and gradually descend so that Bob and Lola weren't alarmed at all. Bob spotted a winding track in amongst the trees . . . "Ah!" he thought . . . " a track!"

They landed midway near the track and got out. Bob helped his little lady Lola out and then took Jack in the box under his might arm and strode to the track. "Which way do you think, Lola?"

"Er . . . um . . . . oh gee, Bob, I'm not sure . . . " stammered Lola nervously. They looked left and then they looked right. They looked left again. In the distance something glistened for half a second. Bob and Lola blinked. They waited. Nothing.

Bob decided they would take the track towards the left. It was hard going as it started on an incline and became narrower and a little rocky. Lola was having a hard time of it in her Ballet Shoes, so stopped for a little break. Luckily this ever prepared girl had her Picnic Basket with her, so dined out with Bob on some Watermelon and Peaches.

The day was still bright, so soon after a little rest, they walked on and past a large lake where Bob thought would be good for fishing someday and maybe a little Rowboat with his little Princess . . .

As they travelled on, a large Marlin jumped out of the water and smiled at them encouraging them along their way . . . "this is one crazy adventure" thought Bob to himself.

The winding track suddenly turned straight. They looked straight down the track and saw . . . a magnificent Japanese Pagoda. A large Bonsai Tree was out the front and it was decorated with A Lion and Crown.

Could this be the place where they would save Jack?????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users