• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#31 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:18 PM

smile.gif Yeah ! Cool to get a balance of solids in - just like the real ones! Glitzy and no so glitzy. Love it ! cool.gif

#32 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:13 PM

''I gotta have a drink!'' Big Bob exclaimed. ''This aint what I've been expectin and I can see you're all shaken up too Lola!'' ''Yes'' Lola stammered, ''there's a whole lot of shaking going on and that's no cue for an Elvis song from you right now Big Bob! This is serious!'' ''You bet your cotton socks this is serious Lola. Aint no gettin away from that and aint no time to be singing either!'' ''Do you think that's where those people are staying?'' Lola asked. 'What people you talkin about honey?'' ''The ones the driver told us about. The superstition about the Rain Forest and all that?'' Big Bob rolled his brown and white saucer eyes. ''Could be'' he mumbled. ''Could be! We just gotta find out Lola and maybe some of those old solids and people we been looking for might be there too! I just don't get it........'' ''Get what?'' Lola asked wondering what he was going to say next. Lola turned towards the huge four poster bed. ''I'm tired Big Bob. I'm really tired and nervous too!'' Big Bob put his big paw around her shoulder. ''No need to be nervous Lola. Bout time we got some shut eye. Tomorrow we can check out what we gonna do.'' ''Yes Big Bob'' Lola sighed taking off her Party Shoes. ''The only thing twinkling round here is the Starry Night'' she whispered as she snuggled up to Big Bob and fell into a deep, deep sleep!

Edited by Jacqueline, 21 July 2009 - 11:30 PM.

#33 nyslzzle

nyslzzle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:01 AM

Meanwhile over yonder, past the great wall and crossing the thames were some evil goings on in the mansion. A low lul of erie music from a violin that sounded like it was playing on an old fashioned victrola could be faintly heard ........

Question:
Isn't there a victrola compact? Coukdn't find it on the site though.

#34 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE(nyslzzle @ Jul 22 2009, 08:01 AM)
Meanwhile over yonder, past the great wall and crossing the thames were some evil goings on in the mansion. A low lul of erie music from a violin that sounded like it was playing on an old fashioned victrola could be faintly heard ........ 
Question:
Isn't there a victrola compact? Coukdn't find it on the site though.

View Post

Could the "small" Mansion actually be the Carriage House, which was overlooked by the contractors when installing the security fence? (It's difficult to get good help.)

And could the Carriage House be hiding the remnants of CINDERELLA'S COACH, once a majestic work of art but now disassembled by the evil Tree People...those that cannot cross-over to the main Mansion? Are the Tree People LIVING in the Carriage House? Are they planning to somehow overtake the Mansion and it's inhabitants?

Quite possibly they could take the shape of a TOPIARY and deceptively work their way onto the grounds of the Mansion...time (and imagination) will tell...

Meanwhile, the erie GRAMOPHONE plays on against the low background sounds of rustling leaves and mumbling. ohmy.gif

Michele

Edited by zooey, 22 July 2009 - 08:17 AM.

#35 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:16 AM

theres a grammaphone by Jay Strongwater - good enough, right? biggrin.gif

#36 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE(katita @ Jul 22 2009, 09:16 AM)
theres a grammaphone by Jay Strongwater - good enough, right?  biggrin.gif

View Post

Great minds think alike! rolleyes.gif

Michele

#37 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

sorry - it's gramophone - thanks, zooey

#38 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE(katita @ Jul 22 2009, 10:49 AM)
sorry - it's gramophone - thanks, zooey

View Post

Quite alright, Katita. I'm still working on Blond. er...Blonde.

Sandra - Not a peep out of you! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Michele

#39 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:19 PM

Lola and Bob slept through the night, never hearing the eerie music that filled the bedroom until just before dawn.

Lola yawned and looked over at Bob, who was still buried under the covers.

"Morning, honey bunch, are you awake yet?"

Opening one eye, Bob, who was never at his best first thing in the morning growled
"Well if I wasn't I am now, really woman! Can't a man get a bit of peace in his own bed."

"Oh! you are such a bad tempered bear first thing in the morning" laughed Lola "I'll leave you to wake up for a while" and throwing back the covers she headed for the shower.

With the noise of the water running in the bathroom and Lola's off key singing Bob found it impossible to get any more sleep and very slowly the events of last night began to come back to him.

Pulling on a robe he went over to the window and drew back the curtains. The view that met him almost took his breath away.........Below the window a long terrace was all set up for breakfast, silverwear gleamed in the SUNSHINE and the tables were laid with the purest white crockery he had ever seen.

"Hurry up honey" he shouted to Lola "Your groughy old bear is very, very hungry"

Wrapping a towel around herself, Lola joined him at the window and they both looked down onto the terrace below, then as if by mutual consent they both looked out over the gardens to the gate and fence and to the mansion on the other side.

"It just looks like an old crumbling house in the daylight" remarked Bob, "Not scary at all.

"Well it gives me the creeps after what we saw last night" replied Lola.

"Tell you what" Laughted Bob "After breakfast we will go through the gate and I will prove to you that there is nothing to be scared of and who knows what SECRET TREASURES we will find."

Suddenly a deep voice behind them boomed out.

"I wouldn't do that if I was you sir, or if you do I would make sure you were back before dusk, sorry did I give you both a start I must introduce myself, I'm JACK (AS IN THE BOX) your very own personal butler for as long as you stay with us.

Three hearts nearly jumped out of three bodies, Bob's,Lola's and one very little mouse.

Margaret

#40 nyslzzle

nyslzzle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:40 PM

Bob and Lola headed down for breakfast. The table was just magnificent. There were lucious fruits waiting to be devoured.

Things like pink grapefruit slices, perfect peaches, melon slices, plums, red and green apples, lime slices, flowering tangerines, pineapples, pears, red cherries, petite four pastries and a picnic basket filled with grapes cheese and wine.

There were wonderful cakes decorated like birthday and wedding cakes and a few slices of strawberry shortcake. There were two different teapots filled with delicious imported teas. Already served and waiting was a freshly brewed cafe cup for Bob, and a tea cup for Lola.

"What a breakfast!" Lola said. Bob just smiled and said "Yummmmy."

Wow we already used the names of 70 compacts! This story is great!

#41 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE(zooey @ Jul 22 2009, 05:48 PM)
Sandra - Not a peep out of you!  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

View Post

My lips are sealed . . . . for the moment ! tongue.gif

#42 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:00 AM

''Well I s'pose we'd better get movin darlin if we're gonna go and explore that old building!'' ''Do we have to?'' Lola murmured knowing in advance what the answer would be. ''Yes we doosey Lola. Don't forget why we came here in the first place and who knows what we might find behind those hard brick walls.
Maybe some of our old solid friends that we aint seen or heard from in a long while are hiding out there honey and if so, they gonna be taken aback when they see us joining them!'' Lola's face dropped. ''I don't want to be joining them'' she blurted out, ''I just want to see what they've been doing and if they want to stay behind, wherever they are, then that's fine with me as long as I don't have to stay with them!'' ''C'mon Lola. Stop fretting about nothing! I ain't gonna leave you behind wherever we go so you aint need to be talkin like that!'' Lola smiled.

#43 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:44 PM

Being the eternal optimist, Bob had no idea that this was exactly what the Tree People of the Spooky Forest were hoping for...a visit from Bob and Lola. Quite possibly, their LAST visit anywhere.

Just to be on the safe side, Lola put her LUCKY DICE into her GOLDEN MINAUDIERE. It possessed Good Luck for Lola and she hoped it would keep them out of harm's way, if necessary... unsure.gif

Michele

Edited by zooey, 23 July 2009 - 12:45 PM.

#44 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:57 PM

When this reaches the "End," I would like a copy of the Published Book...with Photo's! biggrin.gif

Michele

#45 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:04 PM

Lola held tightly onto Bob's hand as they passed through the gates.

"You folks be sure to be back before dusk" the security guard called after them.

"Sure thing" replied Bob, "Me and my little Lola are just going to take a little exercise after eating all that breakfast."

On they wandered until they came to the path that lead up to the old mansion.

Lola shivered even though the day was very warm.

"See" said Bob "Its just an old house with an overgrown path, all we have to do is to fight our way through all these hanging tree branches and we can reach the front door."

Lola was not at all sure this was what she wanted to do but seeing the old tree branches snap and part under Bob's strong arms made her feel a little better....after all Bob would always look after her, she thought to herself

"See honey" said Bob climbing up the steps to the big black door "That wasn't so bad after all."

"What yer going to do now Bob?" asked Lola.

No sooner were the words out of her mouth than the big door swung open a couple of inches and both Bob and Lola jumped back a few steps.

"Its not even locked," said Bob, come on Lola lets go in and have a look around.

Like a couple of naughty children Bob and Lola pushed open the door even further and the sight that met them was truly amazing..........The light coming in through the door showed layer after layer of dust and spiders' webs.

"Its just as if someone is still living here" whispered Lola "And they haven't cleaned in years, who ever lived here must sure have left in a big hurry because they have left everything behind, look at that dear little MEMENTO box on the table over there.

Crossing the hallway Bob picked up the box and read out the inscription 'The gift is small, but love is all.'

"Ahhhhhhh! honey this is so sweet" he said, showing it to Lola "I wonder who left it behind?"

Lola was just about to put her hand out to take the box when there was a loud bang behind then, turning round they saw that the front door was tightly shut.......Somewhere in the house a clock struck seven, darkness began to fall and small tree branches began to slither under the front door.

"I really don't like this place" sobbed Lola "its as if its in a time warp all of its own it shouldn't be going dark yet."

The branches were a few inches from their feet when Big Bob took hold of Lola's hand.

"Run, honey, run" he shouted and they both set off down the hallway.

The little mouse inside Bob's top pocket clung on for dear life....... ohmy.gif

Margaret

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users