*gulp*....goosebumps here. ohmy.gif

Michele

#17 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:08 PM

"Look" said Bob reaching into Lola's rather over large bag, "Let me rescue this poor little mouse and then it won't bother you again"

"Oh!!!! honey bunch you are so brave,what would I ever do without you?" said Lola.

"Not too sure about that, me darlin" laughed Bob as he brought the little mouse out of Lola's bag and popped it into the top pocket of his jacket.

Once more the little mouse curled up and continued to sleep.

"Now I wonder where our transport to the Nature Reserve is" said Bob, "I did phone them before we left home to tell them what time we would be here"

No sooner were the words out of Bob's mouth than a jingle of bells could be heard and up galloped a PRANCING PONY pulling a beautiful RED WAGON.

"All aboard for the Nature Reserve" shouted a friendly voice, "Must get you there before nightfall."

Bob and Lola jumped in and soon they were speeding through the STARRY NIGHT to their destination.

"Here we are" said the driver pulling up at a large electrified gate, "We will have you to safety in no time."

Bob's face creased into a frown "It was'nt like this the last time we came, and why the electrified fence and gate, are you trying to keep us in or someone else out?" he asked suprised.

"Nothing for you and your lady to worry about sir" said the driver "Its just some silly old tale that is going round about the tree people being around again."

"Tree people!" shouted Bob "What are tree people?"

The driver gave a deep sigh took a deep breath and began..................

"Many, Many years ago and long before time began so the story goes there was a small tribe of people that used to live in the spooky rain forest, one day they were attacked by a stronger tribe and had to take shelter and hide in the trees, they were there for so long that many of them died and just became part of the forest, the ones who survived vowed revenge on anyone who stepped onto their land."
The driver caught the look of worry on Bob's face. "Its just superstition sir, that's all and the fence makes the people who work here feel safe."

Bob laughted "Well, as long as that's all it is because I intend to take my beautiful wife here to the OASIS in the morning, she is dying to wear her new swimsuit and I can't wait to see her in it."

The little mouse placed both paws over his eyes....... ohmy.gif

Margaret

#18 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:10 PM

The driver hopped out and pressed a button by the gate. A "beep" sound was heard and then the driver was pressing more buttons. Two more "beep" sounds were heard and then he pressed another long sequence of buttons.

Bob and Lola looked at each other worried again . . . "Gee, security is tight in here . . . " they were thinking, "Wonder what's in there to keep people out or in as the case may be". Lola shuddered and drew herself closer to Bob.

Suddenly the driver was back. The gates swung open and they drove through.

The trail was long and bumpy. The driver took it slowly. They could see lights and colours in the distance. As they came closer to it they realised it was a GINGERBREAD HOUSE ! As they drove past, they were sure they saw Hansel and Gretel inside eating a little CHERRY PIE . . . .

They shook their heads and rubbed their eyes . . . were they really here or were they dreaming? They couldn't be sure. They drove on in silence. There were more and more sparkling lights ahead.

They drove past a WEDDING CHAPEL that had a PINK CADILLAC parked outside. "Amazing!", thought Bob. We must be in the land of the giant solids !

More and more lights appeared and the two were gobsmacked as they looked aruond them, not realising they were approaching some of the biggest lights of all !!!

The driver pulled up. "This is your stop sir. I will take your bags to the check in"

Bob and Lola stepped out of the Wagon. Their jaws dropped to the ground. They were standing in front of the huge TAJ MAHAL . . . .

Edited by Sandra, 16 July 2009 - 06:11 PM.

#19 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:21 PM

Moving right along to what appears to be a Happily Ever After Ending.... smile.gif

'nite all.... wub.gif

Edited by zooey, 17 July 2009 - 10:48 PM.

#20 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:22 AM

hummm....sigh....time for another.

*bump*

#21 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:33 PM

Lola had to pinch herself to make sure that what she was seeing was really real! ''Oh my word!'' she exclaimed, squeezing Big Bob's hand so tightly that he was wincing in pain. ''Oh my word Big Bob! I have never seen anything so beautiful as this place and to think this is a Nature Reserve?'' 'Well Honey, I must agree with you there! This is like the Taj Mahal. Remember when the Princess from England sat
and had those photographs taken for the press. Remember that Lola? She was sitting in front of the Taj Mahal and it looked just like this!''

''Oh look Bob'' Lola pointed to two young men dressed in the costume of Pirouettes coming to take their luggage. ''Well aint that grand!'' Big Bob exclaimed as they made their way into the long brightly lit hall. Chandeliers hung from the ceiling the light dazzling their eyes. Showgirls stood on either side offering them glasses of pink sparkling champagne from buckets encased in white and yellow diamonds. At the far end of the hall a black jewelled piano accompanied by a gold jewelled piano played duets, their ivory keys filling the air with music. Jewelled red, pink, yellow , mauve and white roses filled beautifully cut glass vases and radiant sunflowers twinkled with every reflection of light! Mermaids with glistening tails of bright green and bodies of solid gold proffered gifts of pearls .

Lola and Big Bob stood transfixed by the spectacle before them. Butterflies
with crystal wings and colours of such magnificent hues floated through the air
chased by red cardinals and jewelled fairies. It was such an unbelievable sight to behold and everywhere they looked there was more.........

''Welcome to the Spooky Forest Nature Reserve'' the Jester bowed. ''Follow me please .''

''I gotta pinch myself again'' Lola said, following Big Bob up the long winding staircase. Big Bob placed his arm around her waist. ''I gotta pinch myself too'' he grinned as the Jester showed them to their room......

Edited by Jacqueline, 19 July 2009 - 05:07 AM.

#22 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:20 PM

With a grand flurish the Jester threw open the door to their room.

"We hope you will both enjoy your stay with us" he said, and bowing to each of them left a stunned Lola and Bob alone.

Lola could contain herself no longer and let out a piercing cry.

"Woopy Dooo!!! Bob have you ever seen anything like this before in your entire life, Look at the bed, look at the bed its huge."

"For sure honey I have never seen a four poster that big before not even in Las Vegas, I'm going to feel like the King of England sleeping in that tonight, and talking of sleep its been a very long day and I think its time we both got some shut-eye don't you?"

Lola looked at him from under her eyelashes, "Not so sure about that honey if your going to be King then I'm going to be your faithful Queen."

Peeping out from Bob's jacket pocket the little mouse decided it was going to be a long night............ laugh.gif

#23 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:50 PM

especially as he could see a beautiful Camilla oops ohmy.gif 'Camelia' lying on the silk bedspread intoxicating the air with the heavy scent of Cinnibar perfume........

Edited by Jacqueline, 24 July 2009 - 03:05 AM.

#24 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Jul 19 2009, 05:50 PM)
especially as he could see a  beautiful cream 'Camelia' lying on the silk bedspread intoxicating the air with the heavy scent of Cinnibar perfume........

View Post

Somehow, we've managed to stray from the Dark, Spooky Forest and ended up in the Playboy Mansion. Very strange.... laugh.gif

Personally, I think the Butler did it in the Library with the Candlestick....how's that for throwing a curve? tongue.gif

Michele

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT....A thought (ADHD)...NEW SOLID IDEA...a Double Pack...2 Beautiful Candlesticks...done by Jay Strongwater. WoW!

ooops...off-topic...sorry...

Edited by zooey, 19 July 2009 - 11:01 PM.

#25 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:44 AM

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Laughing so much I'm nearly snorting ! Thanks Michele !! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#26 nyslzzle

nyslzzle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:52 PM

Just as things were beginning to get romantic, Lola looked out the large window and she could see over the huge fence. What she saw in the distance startled her.

"Bob! Look! Look at that scary looking mansion on the other side of the fence!"
Bob rushed over to the window and gasped.

There on the other side of the security fence was the darkest gloomiest mansion he had ever seen. All around the mansion were creatures. Scary creatures. There was a black octopus, spiders, bees, caterpillars, grasshoppers, lady bugs, scorpions, lots and lots of dragonflies, and two large dragons; a red one and a green one.

Bob and Lola looked at each other and couldn't even speak.

#27 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE(nyslzzle @ Jul 20 2009, 09:52 PM)
Just as things were beginning to get romantic, Lola looked out the large window and she could see over the huge fence. What she saw in the distance startled her.

"Bob! Look! Look at that scary looking mansion on the other side of the fence!"
Bob rushed over to the window and gasped.

There on the other side of the security fence was the darkest gloomiest mansion he had ever seen.  All around the mansion were creatures. Scary creatures. There was a black octopus, spiders, bees, caterpillars, grasshoppers, lady bugs, scorpions, lots and lots of dragonflies, and two large dragons; a red one and a green one.

Bob and Lola looked at each other and couldn't even speak.

View Post

Great save! Never thought to go in that direction...thanks so much! smile.gif

#28 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:19 AM

leave it to a New Yorker to bring on the scary!!! YEA!!! for you cool.gif

#29 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:57 AM

Well how about you Katita... smile.gif Hope you will write something next.... smile.gif

#30 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:08 PM

Thanks nyslzzle.....Its good to have a balance in the story, some good, some scary. It has a long way to go yet and I hope we all have time to finish it.

Margaret..... smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users