• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#166 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:39 PM

Shortly after surviving the wee bit of turbulence which nearly made mouse sick and greener than the Magic Dragon, Freddy landed the Precious Plane in a tight spot near the warehouse.

They all tumbled out in a rush and then were gobsmacked by what they was ahead . . . . ohmy.gif

It was the warehouse being covered quickly by fast growing vines so that it was soon unrecognisable ! The Tree People had got there first !

"Darn it!" said Bob through gritted teeth . . . now how are we going to get in?

As they advanced towards the building, the vines started coming towards them on the ground. "Oooh," squealed Lola, "it's like being back in the spooky Forest!"

#167 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:14 AM

"Stand back!" shouted Bob, "Don't go near the building or the vines will start to wrap round us."

They all stood on the pavement wondering what to do.

"Its no use" said Lola, "We will never be able to find the way in under all this lot, and if we do there's no guarantee that we will ever be able to get out again."

"Lets look for a back enterance" surggested Bob "You never know the vines might not have got that far yet."

They all ran into a dark allyway down the side of the warehouse.

"Got to be a way another way in" muttered Bob, "EUREKA!!!! look everyone, a loading bay and the shutters are halfway open."

"It looks so dark in there" wailed Lola, "I don't like it one little bit" ............

#168 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:31 PM

smile.gif Good to see you back, Margaret !!

I wonder if my goody bag will come from this one . . . ? tongue.gif

Edited by Sandra, 25 October 2009 - 04:31 PM.

#169 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:52 PM

Hi Sandra..... laugh.gif

Hang on in there girl, I have the best goody bag ever for you...Its just a matter of fitting it in the story.....all is planned..... biggrin.gif

Margaret

#170 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:26 PM

biggrin.gif Oh, goody, goody, goody !! (clapping my hands with glee, all excited now)

#171 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:53 PM

"It's no good going all soft on me now, Lola, this job has to be done and that means going into the warehouse to see if anything is left.....so let's just get on with it and then get out of here.... pronto"

Looking into his eyes Lola knew that Bob meant every word he said. She decided to give it one more try.

"But, honey pie, the loading dock is so high and I am so small, I'll never climb up there."

"Of course you will" replied Bob, "I will lift you most of the way and then you can reach out and pull yourself on to the ledge by the shutters."

Huffing and puffing poor Bob lifted his suposedly dainty Lola onto the ledge.

"My My!! girl, you seem to have put a bit of weight on" he exclamed.

Pulling herself upright, hands on hips, Lola turned to face him.

"I'll have you know I am exactly the same weight now as when I first met you" replied Lola, and giving him a indignant look disappeared under the shutter.

Collecting Jack and the little Dragon and patting his top pocket to check mouse was ok Bob pulled himself onto the ledge. Pausing to catch his breath Bob wondered what this thing was with women and their weight, he knew it was one thing he would never understand, shaking his head he followed Lola under the shutters.

Trying to get his eyes adjusted to the dim light Bob looked around and spotted Lola over in a far corner.

"Have you found anything yet, Lola" he called "The place looks empty to me."

"Only this small blue box" Lola replied "and there seems to be something in it"

Bob hurried over just in time to see Lola lift the lid on the Box and they both gave a gasp of excitement when they saw what was inside.

Nestling in its blue tissue was an exquisite real gold solid in the shape of a Kangeroo
it even had a pouch on the front with a tiny Joey inside, made of diamonds.

"I wonder who this was made for" said Bob

Looking up at him with tears in her eyes Lola gave a small sob. "Its so beautiful, Bob, and I am going to send it to my best friend SANDRA in Australia.

Margaret......... laugh.gif

#172 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:34 AM

ohmy.gif Aw shucks ! (sniff . . . ) SO touching !!

I'm very spoiled. Thanks Margaret. I just don't know what to say ! biggrin.gif

#173 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:26 PM

Just G-DAY mate will do........ laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

Margaret

#174 nyslzzle

nyslzzle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:45 AM

Jack was in the corner trembling, his head bobbing back and forth. He was having Flashbacks of his kidnapping and they were scaring him.

"What is it Jack" asked Lola, "What's wrong?"
Jack held on to the sides of his box tightly trying to steady himself. "This looks just like the place they had me when I was drugged. The way those long tables over there are set up look just like where the people were working setting crystals in the impostor solids."

Bob went to inspect the tables and sure enough he found a few tiny crystals on the floor and way under one table in the corner he found the top of a glittering grand piano. He picked it up and looked closely. "Hey take a looky at this here, a piano top that's half filled with crystals."

Freddy sighed. "Ya know, a few of my solid collector friends have told me that the glittering grand has been all over Ebay. I guess this is why. What a darn shame."

"Its those cotton-picken tree people" yelled Bob. His face beginning to turn red again. "We gotta do something about this."

#175 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:39 PM

''You know what I'm thinking'' Bob scratched his head in deep thought. ''I'm thinking we get rid of this Warehouse once and for all!'' ''How are we going to do that?'' Lola asked. ''Easy'' Bob said, looking at Dragon. ''One Snort from Dragon and the whole place will go up in flames!''

''Let's get out of here'' Jack stammered. ''Yes, let's hit the road Jack, and we won't come back, no more, no more.....hit the road Jack''...............And with that, it was time to get out and...........

ph34r.gif

#176 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:41 AM

They all stood looking round the deserted warehouse, Lola shook her head in dismay.

"Its all so sad" she cried, "Once this old warehouse produced wonderful solids and powders that the collectors always wanted, and just look at it now.....dirty and disowned."

Bob took a large hankerchief out of his top pocket ( nearly dislodging poor old mouse in the process )

"Here my love, dry your eyes" he told Lola, "It's no good crying over what used to be. Our little buddy Dragon will soon sort this place out."

No sooner had Bob said the words when a brilliant blue flash was followed by the loudest clap of thunder anyone had ever heard. Lola launched herself into Bob's arms.

"Im frightened" she cried, "And I can smell burning, we need to get out of here right now!!"

They all ran for the shutter door and ducked underneath into the open and safety.

"Keep going!" shouted Bob "Run back to the plane."

Stopping to catch their breath they looked back at the old warehouse, flames were shooting high into the sky and the sound of aproaching sirens could be heard for miles around.

"Well, that saved me a job" muttered the Dragon.

"Think of it this way" Bob replied, pointing to the sky "It was divine intervention, someone up there must be on our side....perhaps they are collectors like us"

Margaret

#177 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:42 AM

AMEN....

And so it came to pass that for the moment all troubles had been put to rest.

Until the next time ph34r.gif

#178 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:03 AM

Safe at home once more Bob and Lola sat by the fireside content with each other's company.

The little mouse was curled up on Bob's knee fast asleep, whiskers twitching. Bob looked down at him and smiled.

Stroking his little head with the tip of his finger Bob spoke softly to him.

"What a good brave mouse you have been, you have helped save our lives on a couple of occasions" he told him, "Now we want you to have a home with us forever and I am going to give you a name........We will call you MOUSEY THOMPSON" ( Look it up, ladies )

The little mouse looked up at Bob with tears in his eyes. Never in his life had he had a home before and nobody had ever cared enough about him to give him a name....he gave one great big sigh of contentment.

All together now.......ARRRRRRRRRRR....

Till next time.......Margaret

#179 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:31 PM

sad.gif

#180 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ Nov 1 2009, 04:03 PM)
I am going to give you a name........We will call you MOUSEY THOMPSON"   

The little mouse looked up at Bob with tears in his eyes. Never in his life had he had a home before and nobody had ever cared enough about him to give him a name....he gave one great big sigh of contentment.

View Post

Oh - so CUTE ! Thanks Margaret. What a nice ending to a BIG story !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users