• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#151 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:18 AM

I don't want to interrupt the story-line, but reading the ins and outs of these sales made me feel quite upset! Here in the U.K. am not aware of any such sales. I know there are places where the prices are really knocked down (I have been to one of them) but you need a special card to get in and these are mainly given to Estee Lauder employees. So everyone who works for Estee Lauder can get into this particular place which is in central London and pick up all the brands associated with E.L. for unbelievable prices. That includes La Prairie, Bobbi Brown, Clinique etc. etc. You would think they would do more for the Collectors with special offers seeing that some solid perfumes are being sold there for ''a song''! Hence, I purchase my items through the States now!!!!! These people take us for mugs (not the ones you drink out of)! ......

Now on with the story! It has become an eye opener.... thanks for the inside news NYSizzles! wink.gif

#152 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:31 PM

I feel the same way you do, Jacky...upset, to say the least. The odd thing is...no matter who I talk to from EL, they all claim there is NO SUCH THING as a warehouse sale. Ok...then why, when I googled EL Warehouse Sales, did I come up with pages of them? WHY are we not allowed to know about them, nor given a chance to attend one. WHY all the cloak and dagger? ph34r.gif This in itself is turning me away from solids and EL in general.

This is, of course, IMHO.

#153 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:59 AM

Every one in the sales room looked at each other and then panic broke out.

"A gas leak!" they all shouted "Let's get out of here!"

The Dragon who was now disguised as a Jewelled Guard jumped up onto one of the sales tables.

Looking very imposing and official in his red and gold uniform he banged his staff on the table.

"Attention, Attention" he shouted "Everyone must leave the room in an orderly fashion, keep to the isles and no one will get hurt."

Amazingly everyone did as he asked and the room was soon cleared.

Lola ran over to the solids and swept them into her bag and, looking around the room, added a very large bottle of Aromatics perfume to send to her friend Margaret in England... laugh.gif

"Job done" confirmed the Dragon....."Now let's get out of here"

Margaret

#154 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ Sep 26 2009, 10:59 AM)

Lola ran over to the solids  and swept them into her bag and added a very large bottle of Aromatics perfume to send to her friend Margaret in England... laugh.gif

View Post

laugh.gif laugh.gif You are a VERY funny lady, Margaret !! laugh.gif laugh.gif

What about her other mate in Australia? huh.gif

#155 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:46 AM

GEE THANKS SANDRA... laugh.gif

As things are today you just have to keep a good sense of humour going, or the P.C. brigade will get you..... laugh.gif

My best wishes to you, watch this space for your goody bag.

Margaret

#156 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:00 AM

''We did it! We did it!'' Lola cried out with delight as once more they sat in the small cafe excited that their thought out plan had now been successfully executed. Jack grinned at them as he took the solids from Lola and carefully stored them in his Box. ''We sure did Honey'' Big Bob exclaimed. ''You could say mission accomplished'' he winked wondering how it was going to feel to be back in the normal world once more. ''Don't talk too soon'' Dragon mumbled. ''I've been eavesdropping and those funny looking people over there'' he averted his eyes in the direction of where a couple of strange looking folk were sitting, heads bent down in deep conversation, ''and I've got a feeling there is still some stuff to sort out before we come to the end of this!''

Jack nearly jumped out of his box on hearing these words. ''What do you mean? What do you mean?? '' he stuttered trying to contain his bobbing. ''This has to be the end'' he continued, ''we've got the solids, we've got the book with all the information, we've got everything now and we have won the battle.........''

''I don't think so!'' a strange high pitched voice chuckled. Lola, Bob, Dragon, Freddy and Jack looked up at the stranger standing in front of them. He was peculiar to say the least. More like a Jack in the Beanstalk with his loooong limbs and hands which were really weird with fingers like tree stumps and nails
which were long and green in colour. ''Stick a hat on his head'' Lola whispered to Dragon, ''and he could be a scarecrow!''

''Well I'll be..........Big Bob'' Bob stretched out his hand in a friendly greeting.

Everyone's eyes stared at the stranger wondering who on earth he was and what he wanted.

Mouse quivered in Big Bob's shirt pocket. His nose was twitching round and round in circles and his whiskers stood sharply on end. He could detect a familiar scent and he was not happy. No, he was not happy at all, not in the slightest.
He felt miserable and scared and just wanted everything to be as it was in the past. He had had enough of all the uncertainty and could not believe that something else had cropped up to spoil what he thought was going to be a cheerful and happy ending. He buried his head deeper into Big Bob's pocket. Perhaps this is just a bad dream, he twitched............

Edited by Jacqueline, 04 October 2009 - 06:13 PM.

#157 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:48 PM

This poor mouse is going to have a heart attack!!! ohmy.gif Quick get some cheese!!! tongue.gif

#158 nyslzzle

nyslzzle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:55 AM

Hopefully I will be adding to the story soon. I will be away for a bit but still thinking of the next chapter. Any ideas for the next stop?

#159 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:29 AM

Maybe the Warehouses. unsure.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 12 October 2009 - 07:39 AM.

#160 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

I will sure try to do my best. The trouble is work and other things are calling at the moment...... mad.gif ....wish I could off load all of them.

Margaret.... smile.gif

#161 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:57 PM

When Bob extended his hand to the stranger, his hand was clasped tightly and then he was held in what felt like a short embrace, but as soon as they parted, the tree person backed away laughing, well actually, more like cackled . . .

The Book !! It had been removed from Bob's back pocket during the embrace.

This made Bob mad. Now, not much is more fearsome than a big old angry bear, so the two tree people quickly rushed for the door and in a moment they were gone.

Bob let out a ferocious roar that could be heard for miles. Lola shook. Jack shook, the mouse shook and even the Dragon shook. They looked at Bob - he was turning a dark shade of angry red. No-one had seen him like this before.

"Everyone stay here", he growled.

With that, he headed for the door and his footsteps could be heard pounding down the pavement outside.

#162 nyslzzle

nyslzzle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:14 AM

Freddy was outside polishing the crystals on his plane when he saw Bob stomping down the street.

"Hey Bob! What's wrong? Why are you that odd shade of red?" Freddie questioned.

Bob was so angry he could hardly get the story out. Just as he was finishing the rest of the group arrived.

"Relax Bob", Freddie said in a calm tone. "You dont think I would have taken a chance and let the original book be the only copy. While you were napping on the plane during the last flight I turned on the auto pilot and took the book from your pocket. I have a new state of the art copy machine in the rear of the plane. I made several copies and hid them in various spots on the plane. Just in case something like this happened."

Bob was shocked and relieved at the same time. The rest of the group was happy that Bob had calmed down .... because they didnt know what he might have done next.

They all boarded the plane and prepared for their next stop...............

#163 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:49 PM

rolleyes.gif Luckily the ever cautious (PICK POCKET) pilot averted another potential drama, hey ?!? laugh.gif

Edited by Sandra, 19 October 2009 - 09:54 PM.

#164 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:12 PM

The very resourceful Freddy and his illustrious Flying Machine roared into action.

"I've already programmed the warehouses locations in my plane's navigation system, so we'll get around to them all in good time !" said Freddy over the loudspeaker system. "Hold on, we're taking off !"

Everyone smiled and relaxed as they sat back in their leather seats. Freddy had a fantastic aircraft - no wonder it was called the 'Precious Plane'. They were glad all the solids seemed to be banding together helping them out.

Meanwhile, on ground level, the usual looking 'Tree People' were scurrying around trying to avert the impending danger from above. They consulted the book stolen directly from Bob and called their back-up members in every state they could . . .

#165 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:23 AM

''We gotta get to these Warehouses before the Tree People. If it's not this, it's
that, and if it's not that it's this!'' Big Bob groaned. ''Well now we should look on the lighter side'' Dragon snorted. ''No=one will catch up with our Precious Plane, so everything should now go according to plan!'' ''What plan?'' Jack in the Box stuttered. ''I don't remember anyone telling me about a plan!'' ''To get to the Warehouses Jack! Honestly, where on earth is your head these days?'' Dragon laughed. ''Stuck in your box again!'' ''Well Dragon, it's no wonder my head has been stuck in the box. It's been none too pleasant being around you the last few days, so it's not my fault...........is it!'' ''Calm down'' Lola smiled. ''We are all tired so it isn't surprising you are both feeling a bit tetchy. But, looking on the brighter side of life, it cannot possibly get as bad as it was.............''

No sooner had she spoken these words when the plane took a nose dive and everyone's faces were greener than the Dragon! ''Hold on, hold on!'' Freddy's voice boomed through the tannoy. ''Just a slight spot of turbulence but should be over shortly! Nothing to worry about, just keep your seat belts fastened!''

''Oh no!'' Mouse trembled in Big Bobs pocket. ''I think I'm going to be sick!''
''Oh no you don't'' Big Bob grunted. ''Not in my pocket you aint'' now take a whiff of this gas.........Everyone's eyes turned to Dragon. ''Glad to be of service'' Dragon grinned.. ''Seems like I can be useful sometimes!''

Edited by Jacqueline, 21 October 2009 - 11:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users