97 replies to this topic

#76 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:10 AM

Jack and Lisa,

Well where does one start, like Ron I don't visit the site as much as I used to but through the site I have made friends in many places and keep in touch with them all on a regular basis, thank-you for that.

What a shame the site will not have you two at the helm always there to help out and to give information, thank-you for all your good work you will both be missed greatly.

My love to you and all members, will keep watching.

Elly sad.gif xx

P.S. I do hope that it will continue, keep fingers and toes crossed biggrin.gif

#77 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:40 AM

Me Again,

Thanks to Jacky I have come back to the site she e-mailed me today, I have not been on the site for some time but will now keep regular watch.

Like Nancy said it is like putting on a pair of comfy slippers, you get to know people over the years, even though we have not met we all form a bond, a friendship which lasts through this wonderful site.

After reading all your posts there are mixed thoughts, but whatever happens I do hope that we all can still have a site which will benefit all! I would pay a fee gladly smile.gif

My thanks to Marg and Jacky for introducing me to this site and without them I would not have known many of you that contribute to solidperfume.com.

Will keep watching.

Elly x smile.gif

#78 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:28 PM

Hello Elly and all,

At the moment we are all clutching at straws. We are a small group here in the U.K. although I would imagine there are other collectors from the U.K. who are members but never post.

Either way, we are hoping this does not come to an end! It would be really strange not having a home base to return to.

Look forward to hearing from Jack & Lisa how things are progressing and what is in store!

xx

#79 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

Hi Elly.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Good to see your posts.

Margaret

#80 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:48 PM

We just have to answer Sandra. We miss her terribly. And we mean keeping in touch mainly through this site. If the site goes we are going to lose a lot of great friends just from attrition.

It's not fair and there is a way to stay together. Wish we knew it. Sandra we have loved you since the first few words on the telephone. Sparks flew and it was great. No matter what we will keep in touch and see a Thanksgiving together in the future with you.

Truly Estee Lauder can kind of bite us but we want our buddies and contacts.

We love ya'll

#81 Lyndell

Lyndell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:23 AM

Michele is right - it is hard to get posts when so many of us do not collect in volume anymore......but how could we? Are we all millionaires? EL seems to think so! With prices rising and quality falling (less crystals etc)...... and there are some other things in life too for us to spend our precious $ on (though most of us probably can't remember what those things are now "our" site might disappear!).

Brigitte, your English is excellent. I only wish my French were as good!! Still..... Je suis etudiant! ....and I haven't visited France to use it yet!!

I am concerned that so many of us would like to keep in touch if the site ends..... can we come up with an efficient way for us to give our details to each other for this purpose? I am sure there are many who communicate only on the boards but not via e-mail and would not like to loose contact..... any ideas? But maybe I speak too soon..... we live in hope that our Headquarters for communication will remain.

A note that if membership is to increase then we would need a domain name associated with our passion.... one that doesn't set off ELs lawyers like the old one did!!

Lisa, Jack have you considered sending an e-mail newsletter to all members to provide an update on the current situation and draw the extra 675 people back???

Best wishes to all. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

#82 kferrzz

kferrzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:45 PM

I have never posted here before - even though I have been a member of the site for a few years. I am a person of few words and didn't feel I had anything to contribute as I am a novice collector of solid perfumes and compacts. However, I am so sad that this site may close down as I have loved reading the posts and have learned a lot from the site.

I too would be willing to pay a fee to keep it going as this is one of the few connections I have with the solid perfume world.

Please find a way to keep the site (or one by another name) going.

#83 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(Don and Margaret @ Jul 21 2009, 04:48 AM)
We just have to answer Sandra. We miss her terribly. And we mean keeping in touch mainly through this site.

Sandra we have loved you since the first few words on the telephone. Sparks flew and it was great. No matter what we will keep in touch and see a Thanksgiving together in the future with you.

Truly Estee Lauder can kind of bite us but we want our buddies and contacts.

We love ya'll

View Post

huh.gif Oh, sniff, how sweet, I knew we were good friends, but didn't know you quite felt so deeply Don & Margaret - and I have to say, RIGHT BACK AT YA ! You have also made me smile from Day 1 too. OK, and laugh my head off and giggle lots laugh.gif You two are definitely the genuine deal. No B/S there ! ('Scuse the French)

It's certainly an honour to be invited to your table for Thanksgiving, and I know we will be thanking this site and good friends.

You have been good enough to keep in touch, and I appreciate it, but it's just not the same without this site, is it?

Take care and stick around. Please add to the story - it needs an installment from you two. cool.gif

#84 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE(kferrzz @ Jul 21 2009, 08:45 PM)
I have never posted here before - even though I have been a member of the site for a few years.  I am a person of few words and didn't feel I had anything to contribute as I am a novice collector of solid perfumes and compacts.  However, I am so sad that this site may close down as I have loved reading the posts and have learned a lot from the site.

View Post

Hi - we all started this way, and felt the same. My first post was hesitantly made too. Now look - Can't shut me up. tongue.gif

Seriously, you are welcomed with open arms. Whatever experiences you have with solids - your highs and lows should be shared here. You will see that people will relate to you and your words, so don't ever think you have not much to contribute. Even if you agree with a post, just say so ! biggrin.gif

PS. disagreeing with some people is not recommended . . . joking ! laugh.gif
Say what you like !

#85 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:49 PM

this is one of the few connections I have with the solid perfume world.

How profoundly true for all of us. Thank you, kferrzz, for reminding us of yet another reason to keep the site up and running.

And thanks for your post. smile.gif Don't worry about writing long posts...most members only read one sentence then skip to the next post. laugh.gif Seriously, one heartfelt sentence or one thought is worth a million words.

Michele

#86 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:40 PM

Still working on things...hang in there. We should have some information for everyone soon.

Thanks everyone for your support and ideas!

biggrin.gif

#87 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:58 PM

smile.gif Thanks Jack - we're all hanging in on tenterhooks !

Hope that big smiley face means GOOD information ! cool.gif

#88 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

Waiting to hear and thank you for posting

smile.gif

#89 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:36 PM

Yes, Jack thanks for your post as I see by my calendar the end of July is next Friday. Time goes by fast.

Gigi

#90 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:14 AM

Thanks, Jack, we're all waiting to hear the good news (I hope) biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users