• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

#61 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:38 AM

Have just read an email from Jacky and am devastated that this site may have to close! sad.gif I don't get the chance to get online as often as I want these days and haven't posted for a while but anytime I come back to this site it is like puting on a pair of comfortable slippers biggrin.gif Phyllis said it feels like home and that is so true, old friends drop in and chat and bring new friends now and again too. I have met up with people from all over thanks to this site and I am afraid I took the hard work that Lisa and Jack put into this for granted. I do understand that you may need to sell the domain name but I too would be willing to pay an annual fee (even if I were only able to log in twice a year) I had intended going to Alberquerque but with the dollar and the pound these days it proved too expensive.
I hope you can find some way to keep us all together Jack just tell us how we can help and hopefully we can find a way out of this situation.
I will check in more often now as they say "you never know what you've got 'til it's gone".

#62 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

smile.gif Hi Nancy ! Good to see you back too ! Thanks for showing your support along with all of us - it's good to show Jack and Lisa what this site means to each and every one of us . . . and as Michele says, that's at least 4 counts for me alone . . . how many for your inner persons, Michele? tongue.gif

#63 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE(Sandra @ Jul 15 2009, 06:30 PM)
smile.gif  Hi Nancy !  Good to see you back too !  Thanks for showing your support along with all of us - it's good to show Jack and Lisa what this site means to each and every one of us . . . and as Michele says, that's at least 4 counts for me alone . . . how many for your inner persons, Michele?  tongue.gif

View Post

My count is 3. My Therapist says 5. It's anyone's guess at this point. At least we all agree with Nancy and everyone else. There's comfort in numbers, don't you agree, Sandra? tongue.gif

HI NANCY!!!!

Michele

#64 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:02 AM

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#65 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:18 AM

I can only endorse the comments everyone here has made. It was a brave and expensive thing - both in time & money that Lisa & Jack did to start up a website for solid perfume collectors with no financial input from any of us - only the satisfaction that it was a huge success - knowledge was shared and many friendships made. I can understand that when for many reasons the enthusasium waned it was difficult to keep going.

Whatever your decision is Lisa & Jack know that you made a difference. You made it possible for collectors all over the world to come together and share knowledge and friendship - that is a pretty fantastic achievement. We all hope the site will continue but whatever your final decision we all stand behind you and thank you.

Sincerely, Karen

#66 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:47 AM

We would also be willing to pay a fee for membership.

#67 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:49 PM

smile.gif Hey Karen. Good to see you on here again - hope all is well in Vic. Let us know how you and your friends are doing after the fires. Have been thinking about you.

biggrin.gif HEY - DON and MARGARET !! Good stuff to see you guys back too ! Have been calling out for you on here you know ! There's a lot to catch up on.

cool.gif

#68 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:21 AM

Hey Karen - Hello from me, also!

Time for a *bump!*

'nite all,
Michele sleep.gif

#69 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:58 AM

So far I've counted 25 individual members who have contributed to this thread.

So....come out, come out wherever you are! Given Jack's count of over 700 members, where are the other 675+?

Speak now or forever hold your peace...we only have one shot at keeping this Very Special Site alive so don't drop the ball and be sad later!

In short....We Need Your Input!

Michele

#70 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:10 AM

Yea, you tell'em Zooey!!! laugh.gif

#71 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE(katita @ Jul 18 2009, 09:10 AM)
Yea, you tell'em Zooey!!!  laugh.gif

View Post

Aren't I just the Witch of the West! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hey...all the members have to do is come on here and say "Hi" or "Bye" whatever the case may be.

Whether they are regular posters or just lurk from time to time, we love them all and consider them part of the Family. In fact, it's quite nice to see a post from someone who hasn't been around for some time, so please don't be shy or think you've been away too long. There's no "window of time" in the Solid World.

Speaking of those who have not been around for some time, where's Greyhound? She's a hoot! Miss her posts too. sad.gif

Michele/Zooey and all her inner selves....the list is growing. Can I make all of them members, Jack? They're really nice, except for that one I can't get rid of. Outspoken little wench that she is.... ph34r.gif

Must go chat with my baby birdies...

Have a great day...make the most of it! smile.gif

(See how little it takes to get me going, Katita? biggrin.gif )

Michele

#72 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE(Don and Margaret @ Jul 16 2009, 12:47 PM)
We would also be willing to pay a fee for membership.

View Post

Don and Margaret - Since you speak "Texas" and I speak "Philadelphia," I do believe it's time for you to post on the Spooky Forest. My Texas accent is non-existent...however, if you want to hear Philly Speak, meet me on South Street. And that's NOT in the Spooky Forest! laugh.gif

Michele

#73 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:24 AM

*bump* ph34r.gif

#74 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(zooey @ Jul 18 2009, 01:27 PM)

(See how little it takes to get me going, Katita?  biggrin.gif )

Michele

View Post

laugh.gif Yeah, but I love your monologues ! Very entertaining !! biggrin.gif

By the way, can you confirm the speed at which you talk? I'm saying fast !

BTW, We are also missing Erica from Japan and our Singapore friends . . . .

#75 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE(Sandra @ Jul 19 2009, 07:30 PM)
By the way, can you confirm the speed at which you talk?  I'm saying fast !

View Post

Do you think so? Peter says the same thing. He also says I move too fast, change my mind too often, and talk faster than my brain moves...which is a good point, considering my posts. laugh.gif Others say I just have OCD and/or ADHD, which keeps life from being boring. Busy, but not boring.

Speed Dial #4.....

Michele blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users