will keep checking in.....

#32 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:34 AM

Roll-Call?

Edited by zooey, 14 July 2009 - 09:40 PM.

#33 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:21 PM

I've been reading everybody's posts and am really moved by the love and devotion being expressed by everyone.

This site has been a data bank, info center, friendship maker, at times a creative writing class filled with SOLID stories, but most important, it brought us all together. I wouldn't know any of you without this place. In a world where people feel disconnected we found common ground here.

Thank you Lisa and Jack.... this site has become more then the sum of it's parts.
Thank you members, you made this site important in our lives.

I know as you grow older, things change but losing our "safe haven" will really be missed.

#34 Lyndell

Lyndell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:19 AM

Guess you are right Jack and we need to log in more. I do, but rarely have much to say....I would so miss seeing everyone's comments though. What has it been.....a decade or so? I remember discovering this site before the forums started and I just loved the pictures of Lisa's collection. Would be so sad to see it close..... Love hearing everyone's comments and hope it doesn't come to this, especially as it gives those of us in countries like Australia access to international news.
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Lyndell

#35 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:26 AM

Hi Lyndell - It's hard to post when most of us have stopped collecting in the quantities we used to....

Edited by zooey, 14 July 2009 - 09:41 PM.

#36 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:05 AM

Of course you're right Zooey, Jack & Lisa must do what is right for them. We do all understand, especially the $$ & time it takes to keep this up.

It's just been and continues to be such a wonderful experience for me, I would miss it.

Best to all,

katita

#37 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:57 PM

ohmy.gif Michele speaks sense ! Will Wonders ever cease !?!

I'm also in agreement with her on this one ! rolleyes.gif

You guys must do what's right for you.

But a word from my other self first:

But we love this site and don't want it to go ! Please, please, please can we keep it ?

#38 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:08 AM

Hey Sandra et al...let the "others" have a rest.

Edited by zooey, 14 July 2009 - 09:43 PM.

#39 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:06 AM

Hi everyone,

my suggestion is to just change the domain name if Jack can sell it and make some money with it. For us collectors the name of the site doesn't matter at all...what do we care about the name.......as long as site will keep running we could live with any name.

If someone absolutely wants to get this Domain name let's have him buy it....hopefully for a lot of money.

I've no idea if this would help, but I thought to mention this possibility.

Also I would agree with paying a membership fee. I have my own site and know that the space on the server cost quite some money.

Thanks to Lisa for having had the idea of launching this site and especially to Jack for having created and maintained it.

Hope we will be able to communicate on this site for a long time to go.

Take care, Brigitte

#40 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:01 PM

Took some time but I figured it out. It's not you, Brigitte...it's me. sad.gif

Edited by zooey, 14 July 2009 - 09:44 PM.

#41 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:34 PM

Brilliant Brigitte! That is a very good idea to change the domain. I too do not care about a name on a server, but about keeping this. This along with everyone saying we would pay a fee, makes me think it could work out. However, its who would be in charge?

Now on to something fun...a new domain name now the possibilities are endless! How about "zooey.com"? What do ya think Michele? laugh.gif Anyone else? Take care.

Gigi

#42 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

When I first read this I had such a sinking feeling - I felt as though I was being evicted from my home. Because home is what the site had become to me.

However, it has long been a concern to me that this might happen. I have marveled at the wonderful generousity of Lisa and Jack in maintaining this site for us even though it was no longer of much interest to them. I do hope they are able to realize some monetary rewards for it. And I sincerely hope that perhaps something will be worked out where the site could be maintained under a new name as Brigitte suggests and the existing name be sold. No question that most of us would be willing to pay fees to continue to share information and other chit chat. Guess we all recognize the problem -- who has the time and expertise to accomplish this. Anyway, the very best to Lisa and Jack for what they have done for us and for their future plans.

Phyllis

#43 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:49 PM

smile.gif Excellent idea, Brigitte !

(Though I only had to read it once to understand it, Zooey! tongue.gif )

I feel the same way, Phyllis - having most people logging back in for this dilemma keeps me coming back to read other people's thoughts - just like a dinner table discussion with everyone! So yes - this does seem to be our 'home'.

Michele - you are starting to sprout some deep provocative thoughts lately. Is the philosopher in you coming out? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Sandra, 09 July 2009 - 05:50 PM.

#44 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:44 AM

zooey.com? We want the site OPEN, not obliterated! laugh.gif

Edited by zooey, 14 July 2009 - 09:45 PM.

#45 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:05 AM

You are right Michele, I was asleep! Now wide awake and have just read the post from Brigitte re the site. I really do not have any idea what it takes to run a site like this, but it must be really dedicated hard work. Brigitte I do hope something materialises. You have a wonderful site and as I have said earlier, I have no idea how these are run and what is involved. It is only through reading all the information now that I realise there is so much work to do.

Lost in the Spooky Forest sounds great! But first let's wait for a glimmer of sunshine.........up to you??

x

Edited by Jacqueline, 10 July 2009 - 03:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users