• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

#1 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

Due to constraints of time and money, we will be selling SolidPerfume.com. We have had an offer for the domain name from a web traffic business. They do not intend to continue it as a collector's site, just a source of advertising traffic. (If they do buy it, they will not get any of your names or information, rest assured.)

BUT, if anyone here is interested in buying the site to continue to run it, please let me know. We would much rather sell it to one of the members and see it continue rather than just becoming a page of ads. Match the existing offer and it's yours.

We have told them we will give them an answer by the end of July so if anyone is interested, let me know fairly soon. If not, it has been a great experience and we really enjoyed it over the years!

Lisa & Jack

#2 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE(Jack @ Jul 2 2009, 05:06 PM)
Due to constraints of time and money, we will be selling SolidPerfume.com. We have had an offer for the domain name from a web traffic business. They do not intend to continue it as a collector's site, just a source of advertising traffic. (If they do buy it, they will not get any of your names or information, rest assured.)

BUT, if anyone here is interested in buying the site to continue to run it, please let me know. We would much rather sell it to one of the members and see it continue rather than just becoming a page of ads. Match the existing offer and it's yours.

We have told them we will give them an answer by the end of July so if anyone is interested, let me know fairly soon. If not, it has been a great experience and we really enjoyed it over the years!

Lisa & Jack

View Post

Am so very sad to hear the news Jack. Lisa and yourself had the most AMAZING SITE!

Do you have everyones emails to send out this message as not all of us log in on a daily basis and might therefore miss the boat!

Really really sad! Shall miss you both as the site was both of you! xxx

#3 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:55 AM

How very sad for all of us members. I want you guys to know this site was AMAZING for me.
I've met so many wonderful people because of you. If this site goes, I know we will all miss it very much.

Thank you Lisa and Jack for a wonderful experience and the BEST to you both.

PS - how much for the site? What is the price we need to match?

Edited by katita, 03 July 2009 - 06:57 AM.

#4 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:52 AM

I so appreciate what you two have done for the collectors, the site will be sorely missed if we lose it. I check it frequently for updates and reference...

It would be great to form a group to buy and manage the site, but aside from the $$$, it's the effort to keep it up and running. I know that is a lot of time and work!

We collectors will have to band together to find another source of communication if we lose this wonderful site.

THANK YOU JACK AND LISA!!

Woody

#5 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:12 AM

While I dont visit like I used to I will miss the site. I guess all good things do come to an end.
Good Luck
Ron

#6 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:00 PM

Damn! sad.gif (pardon our language)

Edited by Don and Margaret, 03 July 2009 - 12:01 PM.

#7 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:12 PM

That's ok, Don and Margaret. It's appropriate.

Edited by zooey, 14 July 2009 - 09:47 PM.

#8 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:15 PM

sad.gif

Edited by zooey, 12 July 2009 - 11:19 PM.

#9 Linda

Linda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:21 PM

[SIZE=14] OH NO. I am so sad, but I understand. Hey Jack, if there were a fee to join, and a yearly fee as well, could we talk you into staying? Just a thought.
Linda in Hotlanta

#10 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

Hi all-

Thanks for all the kind words. We are kicking around all the possible options. We'll keep you posted with any developments here.

#11 sophiegold

sophiegold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE(Linda @ Jul 3 2009, 02:21 PM)
[SIZE=14] OH NO.  I am so sad, but I understand.  Hey Jack, if there were a fee to join, and a yearly fee as well, could we talk you into staying?  Just a thought.
Linda in Hotlanta

View Post

Great idea.
I would be willing to pay an initiation or yearly fee.
Perhaps the fee will enable the owners of the site to keep it going.
Helene

#12 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:57 AM

Once again I am late with my post here. But I ditto with what everyone has been saying and every single post so far.
Of course Lisa and Jack you do with what you feel is best for you. Its helpful to know you are "kicking around all the possible options." I have posted a long time ago on this board I would be willing to pay a fee as well. With my location here in the States, I live in both Wyoming and Montana and those are very rural locations. With this site I do not feel alone in my admiration, interest and love of collecting solids.
There are very nice people here on the board. I'd hate to loose contact with you and your friendship not to mention your vast knowledge of solids. Its always amazing to me with all of us being here and sharing, we can and do know more about these little gems than the average EL sales associate in a retail store! laugh.gif
What I'm concerned about if we all contributed money to this site to keep it going, the hard part would be who would run it, who would keep it up to date? Tough questions to answer.
What I do know is that if this site is sold to the party that Jack has said which is full of advertisements, I will cancel my membership to this board before the new ownership takes over. No hard feelings in any way. However, I do have hope at this point in time I will not have to do that.
Everyone, have a nice summer weekend and yes, I'll be checking in daily to view your comments,
Gigi

#13 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:02 AM

Don't worry Gigi, Jack said they will not be getting our names & information if they do have to sell to an advertising place. I think they just want the name of the site anyway.
sad.gif sad sad

I'd pay a fee to keep it going too biggrin.gif

HAPPY AND HEALTHY AND SAFE 4TH TO ALL

#14 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:09 AM

Dear Jack And Lisa

Thanks for the many years of enjoyment you have given us.

We also would be willing to pay a fee.

Good luck in what ever you decide. We will miss you.

Ann and Ken

#15 Linda

Linda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

Well put, Gigi. I think you said, in an elegant way, what we are all thinking.

If we pay a fee, does that mean no visitors can "come in"? That worries me because we get members who found us as a visitor. There must be a logical solution. Anyone?

Linda in Hotlanta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users