• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 ione1956

ione1956

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:00 AM

I forgot to say that the Dragon Fly was a nice size also.

The solids from earlier this year the Bulldog is a nice size, I bought that solid and never saw it before I bought it, but like it.

I didn't think I would like the sand pale but it's really nice. The lobster is also cute and a nice size.

Yes it's hard to say if your going to like them from just the pictures on paper that we see.

Happy Shopping to all and I hope we get to keep this site.

Ione

#32 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:58 PM

Since the EL Las Vegas store closed, I wonder where all those solids and compacts will end up? ohmy.gif

#33 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:23 PM

Probably a warehouse sale, where most end up anyway...

#34 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:58 AM

One would HOPE EL would split them between Saks, Nieman Marcus, Norstroms and the Outlets. Then again, one never knows with EL. Yet another mystery....it never ends. blink.gif

#35 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:21 PM

All the "stuff "from LV was shipped to Micky in NYC.

Ann

#36 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:21 PM

smile.gif Good ol' Micky. Glad she has kept her job. She is good (IMHO)!

#37 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE(Ann and Ken @ Aug 3 2009, 03:21 PM)

All the "stuff "from LV was shipped to Micky in NYC.

Ann

View Post

Thanks, Ann. Have been so busy trying out "recipes" I haven't had a chance to call her. Actually, haven't been able to stand up, walk or talk correctly. My head is pounding...all this in the interest of friendship. The sacrifices I make.... laugh.gif

If anyone could keep a shop running, it's Micky. smile.gif

Will call her today and see what (if anything) she has left over. huh.gif

#38 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE(zooey @ Aug 4 2009, 09:27 AM)
Have been so busy trying out "recipes", haven't been able to stand up, walk or talk correctly.  My head is pounding...all this in the interest of friendship.  The sacrifices I make.... laugh.gif

View Post

laugh.gif Do tell, Michele !! I want to know what makes your head pound ! laugh.gif

You have to admit though, the friendship is worth it ! biggrin.gif

#39 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:45 PM

HI everyone. I purchased some of the new solids. Actually, I am very impressed with them. The Horse and sleigh are very nice, really like the Chinese Horse and lantern and the rickshaw. The Sensuous Bloom is wonderful! All are substantial pieces, and the dragonfly is one of the nicest they have made (of that particular subject).

Woody

#40 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

smile.gif Thanks Woody - good to know that they haven't let you down. Would like to see some pics if possible on here.

#41 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:47 PM

I picked up the Sleigh today. I think it's outstanding! I also got the Jay Strongwater jukebox but might return it. It's darling and I love the colors but at only $25 less than the sleigh, I think it's overpriced. (I'm surprised that another Jay Strongwater is being sold by NM. Most of his designs go to Saks). The other solid that is really growing on me is the Leaning Tower.
Has anyone else besides me and Woody bought any 2009s? I wish I knew what the Harrods pieces will be!
Ar

#42 ione1956

ione1956

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:51 PM

Hello to Everyone,

I bought the Horse & Sleigh and really like it.

Since I have been to the Leaning Tower of Pisa, bought that piece also, thought it was done well compared to some of the other International Landmarks from previous years.

At Neiman Marcus they still had the Sand Pail, so got that, it looks nice next to the Starfish and Lounge Chair with Embrella.

I did not like the Jute Box and Bear on Present, thought both those pieces were too small for the price.

I would also like to know when the Harrod's pieces are coming out.

Ione

#43 ione1956

ione1956

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

Here is the link to the pictures and prices for Estee Lauder Solids at Neiman Marcus

http://www.neimanmar...terId=cat350735

#44 kferrzz

kferrzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:01 PM

Hi:

Does anyone know where I can find pictures of the General Distribution Solid Perfumes? I do not see them anywhere.

Thanks.

#45 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:15 PM

I have just made a post under Harrods solids but see that the information I asked for is here!

I cannot understand one or two points but will re=check with Harrods.

They have the Tiger at 100 ?
A Chinese Takeaway (which I really loved) also 100 ?
and others....

There were quite a few at this price but I am wondering if this is an error as normally the general line here is double the price than that of the states.

They mentioned that the new Harrods releases are the Tube (which is there) and the bear, not yet arrived.

Loved the general line which no doubt is everywhere in the States.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users