17 replies to this topic

#1 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:51 PM

Hi all,
I have not been on this site for some time- was curious about upcoming shows and events- I guess nobody has been on this site as the newest show coming up was in 2004? So I guess I will have to wing it for the next show
Hope all are well and Happy Valentines day

Mark

#2 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:00 PM

Hello Mark, Am sure someone will make a post if you ask for the information.

I am the other side of the pond so to speak, so am not of any help! Yell out loud enough and everyone will come to your help, am sure smile.gif

Thanks for the Valentine wishes. Can you include some roses too!!!!! smile.gif

#3 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:52 PM

Hi everyone. it's been a while since I have posted. It's been a L-O-N-G winter here in Chicago.....not much excitement about solids with all the cold and snow. As for shows, here are the two this year:

International Perfume Bottle Convention, Albuquerque, NM April 30 - May 3 2009

Compact Collectors Convention, Chicago, Il July 10 - 12, 2009

I will in Albuquerque but may not be in Chicago for the compact convention.

Woody

#4 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:12 PM

Nothing in Vegas this year?????????- darn it-

#5 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:18 PM

HI EVERYONE
BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I'VE BEEN ON BUT I WAS WONDERING ABOUT A SOLID FROM LAS VEGAS? I CALLED THE STORE AND THEY SAID NO NOT YET. REMEMBER THEIR WAS ONE JUST 4 VEGAS. I WAS WONDERING IF ANY OF U HAVE HEARD.
THE LOBSTER IS VERY CUTE AND BIG. LIKE ALL OF THE NEW ONES!!!
WE NEED 2 GET EVERYONE BACK ON TALKING, HOW DO WE GO ABOUT THIS TASK...........I KNOW WE COULD SEND MASSIVE E-MAILS 2 THEM, MAYBE THEY MIGHT HAVE MISSED THIS SIGHT AND WOULD START TYPING.........STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED.....

TALK 2 U LATER
DEBBIE

#6 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:48 PM

Hi Debbie,
I suppose a lot of collectors aren't buying at the moment so they aren't posting.
Ar

QUOTE(Debbie @ Mar 5 2009, 04:18 AM)
HI EVERYONE
BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I'VE BEEN ON  BUT I WAS WONDERING ABOUT A SOLID  FROM LAS VEGAS?  I CALLED THE STORE AND THEY SAID NO NOT YET. REMEMBER THEIR WAS ONE JUST 4  VEGAS. I WAS  WONDERING IF ANY OF U HAVE HEARD.
THE LOBSTER IS VERY CUTE AND BIG.  LIKE ALL OF THE NEW ONES!!!
WE NEED 2 GET EVERYONE BACK ON TALKING, HOW DO WE GO ABOUT THIS TASK...........I KNOW WE COULD SEND MASSIVE E-MAILS 2 THEM, MAYBE THEY MIGHT HAVE MISSED THIS SIGHT AND WOULD START TYPING.........STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED..... 
TALK 2 U LATER
DEBBIE

View Post

#7 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

Yup... so sorry guys... EL just ruined the collecting part for me.....

Sorry about the broken parts on the site also... just don't have the time or $$ to put into fixing right now..... I still makes me very sad and I am sorry I have let everyone down.

If someone wants to send me a list of new solids I will update the database.... since I stopped buying none of the sales associates send me any info what so ever

#8 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:42 AM

So nice to hear from you Lisa. No apologies necessary as we understand. We do miss you and your posts. sad.gif

#9 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:19 AM

I just miss everyone, but I still look in most days to see if there are any posts.

Margaret

#10 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:39 PM

Yes...me too as I totally agree with what Margaret and Don and Margaret have said.

As I have posted long ago on the board here, I am grateful that you Lisa and Jack created this web site in the first place for us collectors to come to and share whatever information we have. And you two still have this site up and going. I thank you for this.

Given this...my husband was in New York City about a week ago and went into the Saks Fifth Avenue store (the mother store) on Fifth Avenue. He said he saw many of the 2008 Fall/Holiday solids still available for sale as well as the older Spring Chase Lounger solid for sale. (Sorry can't remember off the top of my head and I'm not at my desk to look up when that Lounger was released but it had to have been within the last 2-3 years.) Yes Lisa, EL has changed in more ways than one regarding their solids.

Thanks for the above posts folks. Everyone here I hope you have a nice day.

Gigi

#11 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

Ditto for me, Lisa. I miss the chatting on the website but EL has ruined it for most of us. I hope, though, you keep the site going. Let us know if you want us to chip in for the cost. Someday EL may see the light...
Ar

P.S. I got a call from Saks the other day that they had two new solids and would only be receiving one of each. Did I want one? Ha ha...No!

Edited by Ar, 26 March 2009 - 09:42 PM.

#12 solidcollector

solidcollector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:33 PM

Hi All!
It's been a long time since I made a post also. I feel like Lisa and have stopped collecting them. I didn't purchasing any of the 2008 solids..........even though I really wanted the Prancing Pony.........and thought long and hard about purchasing it from SAKS, but just couldn't do it after seeing them go for so much less on Ebay. So I thought I would just wait it out and hopefully find it for half price! I got lucky and got it for under half price with free shipping! I was so excited!! It is a lovely piece, but was much smaller than I had anticipated! Of course I still kept it and am very happy I didn't purchase it for the retail price. Too bad I have a whole collection of solids that I did pay retail for that are worth very little now!
I am still curious to see the 2009 solids if anyone has any pics yet.........maybe I can luck out again!

#13 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:57 AM

Sorry! Long Time since I have posted also.
Hi, Lisa, Vegas Lady, Jackie, and KK and all
Solid Perfume Friends.
I haven't purchased any solids in the last two years.
I have been sidetracked so-to-speak as they say.
I found my daughter after 40 years.
The internet consumed alot of my time seaching
and finally found her through the local library.
So my time is comsumed by my daughter and granddaughter.
Take Care all and I'll try to drop by more often.
Thanks for this wonderful site Lisa and Jack.
Please do not let it go.
Love,
Queenie,
Pam

#14 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:13 AM

Hi Pam..... smile.gif

Good to see your post I did wonder what had happened to you.

What wonderful news about your family, you sure will be kept busy from now on, hope all goes well for you.

Margaret.....

#15 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:13 PM

Thanks Margaret!
Love this Site and all my Solid Perfume Friends!
Take Care and Hope all is good for you across the waters!
rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users